Russia-backed militants bring back Grad systems to the contact line, keep heavy weapons in the security zone in violation of Minsk agreements. Weapons and equipment supplies from Russia continue. Intensity of attacks rises.
Kyiv, June 10, 2016. Militants are bringing multiple rocket launcher systems back to the contact line. “Thirty six pieces of 122-mm Grad multiple rocket launcher systems were registered in course of 10 reports in the area of Almazna, Horlivka, Luhansk, Mala Verhunka, Mineralne, Polyove and Yasynuvata as well as in proximity to the contact line in Yasynuvata and Olenivka where 122-mm Grad launching units that make part of the reactive artillery division of the 5th motor-rifle brigade of the 1st army corps (based in Makyivka) were active,” said representative of the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry Vadym Skibitsky. Heads of the Joint Control and Coordination Center on ceasefire monitoring and contact line stabilization were notified about deployment of the Grad systems so that they can document and register this information according to the procedures.
Over the last week Ukrainian intelligence discovered 48 violations of Minsk agreements on withdrawal of weapons and military equipment. There were 18 reports from the 15-km zone registering artillery systems of the caliber under 100-mm and tanks. “The tanks were 51, their largest concentration was spotted near Golmivsky, Horlivka, Dokuchayevsk, Donetsk, Zhabychi, ZHdanivka, Luhansk, Makiivka, Stakhanov, Oleksandrivka and Yasynuvata,” elaborated Vadym Skibitsky. There were 20 reports from the 25-km zone registering artillery systems of 100-mm caliber and higher. “Over 57 artillery systems and self-propelled artillery systems were registered against 47 systems over the previous week, most of them were registered in the area of Horlivka, Dokuchayevsk, Donetsk, Luhansk, Makiivka, Mineralne, Oleksandrivka, Ukrainske and Khartsyzsk,” said intelligence representative.
Russia keeps supplying weapons and military vehicles to the territory of Ukraine including directly to the contact line. Over the past week 800 tons of fuel, over 400 tons of ammunition, four 122-mm Grad multiple rocket launching systems, six combat armored vehicles and 10 military vehicles were brought to the units and warehouses of the 1st and 2nd army corps from the Russian territory. “Adversary keeps actively using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to conduct reconnaissance activities at the positions of antiterrorist operation forces and to direct artillery. The use of UAVs was registered in the Donetsk, Mariupol, Vonovakha and Novoayadar sectors over the past week. This week 20 UAV flights have been registered, two of them have taken off from the territory of Russia,” said Skibitsky. To control and revise the information on military objects on the territory of Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania and Latvia as well as to follow the course of “Anakonda-2016” a comprehensive aerial reconnaissance operation was conducted in the air space of Belarus. Reconnaissance aircraft of the Il-20 and Su-24MR type were engaged in the operation conducted by the aerospace forces of the Russian Federation Armed Forces.
Main Intelligence Department of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry discovered involvement of servicemen of the 45th special forces brigade of the airborne troops of the Russian Federation Armed Forces in subversive and reconnaissance activities of militants in the Donetsk, Volnovakha, Sloviansk and Mariupol sectors. They were also involved in training of the recruited local residents for subversive activities. “Sergeants of the Russian Federation Armed Forces Degtyaryov, Kaimulin, Kuleyev and soldier Perov took part in these activities,” elaborated Skibitsky.
Daily intensity of provocative militant attacks upon the positions of Ukrainian troops stands high. A total of 285 attacks and assault actions were registered over the past week. Militants restarted attacks upon Ukrainian troops with the use of 152-mm artillery systems. Highest intensity of attacks remains in the Donetsk sector – 129, they are 50 attacks more than in the previous week.
“In order to hide the cases of Minsk agreements violations, to prepare for intensification of combat actions and to identify Russian weaponry and servicemen on active duty, command of the Russian occupant forces is impeding the activities of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission. Effective June the command of the 7th separate motor-rifle brigade of the 2nd army corps deployed to Debaltseve instructed the subordinates so that they do not give access to international monitors to the areas where heavy weapons are stored,” noted Skibitsky.