Київ
,

Ministry of Defense: Ukrainian Armed Forces incur no losses in the ATO zone

Ministry of Defense: Ukrainian Armed Forces incur no losses in the ATO zone
Київ, January 22, 2017.

Ukrainian Armed Forces incurred no casualties in combat in the ATO zone in the last 24 hours.

Militants became active in the coastal area in the Mariupol sector again – in Vodiane – Lebedynske – Shyrokyne, informed the spokesman of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine on ATO related issues Colonel Oleksandr Motuzyanyk at a press briefing at Ukraine Crisis Media Center. “Three fourths of all attacks in the Mariupol sector took place in this area yesterday. Two brief mortar attacks took place in Vodiane and Shyrokyne yesterday. Moreover, hostile snipers shot at Ukrainian defenders twice in this area,” he said. Militants used light weapons in Novohryhorivka, Hranitne, Pavlopil and Talakivka. In total, 21 attacks took place I the Mariupol sector I the last 24 hours.

22-01_eng

Hostilities in the Luhansk sector took place mostly in Popasna area yesterday. “Militants opened fire there from tripod-mounted anti-tank guns and machine guns. Two incidents of ceasefire violations took place near Stanytsia Luhanska and in Troitske. Militants launched two 82-mm mortar shells toward our positions in the latter area,” said Col. Motuzyanyk. In total, seven militants’ attacks took place there, and one involved use of mortars.

Russian proxies conducted five attacks in the Donetsk sector. Insurgents opened fire from grenade launchers at Ukrainian troops in Zaitseve. “Adversaries were active in the Avdiivka industrial area before the afternoon, where three firefights took place before the midnight, each lasting at least one hour. Moreover, one hostile armed provocation was registered in Novhorodske in the evening,” said the spokesman.

Col. Motuzyanyk informed that the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed a decree yesterday regarding awarding the title of the Hero of Ukraine and the Order of Golden Star to Volodymyr Zhemchugov who had been liberated from militants’ captivity at self-proclaimed “Luhansk people’s republic”. Moreover, defenders of the Donetsk airport were conferred honorary awards from the Chief of General Staff on January 20. “Major Valeriy Rud, captain Vitaliy Liubenko, first lieutenant Oleksandr Proskurin and second lieutenant Pavlo Kochubei were conferred honorary awards “For achievements in military service” of the 2nd degree,” said Col. Motuzyanyk.

Share

Вконтакте Twitter
More news on the topic