Kyiv
,

Ministry of Defense: Ukrainian troops incur no losses yesterday, detain Russian colonel

Kyiv, July 10, 2017.

No Ukrainian serviceman was killed or wounded in action in ATO zone yesterday. “Unfortunately, yesterday one Ukrainian soldier died in Dnipro hospital of wounds sustained in a hostile attack in Mariupol sector on June 29,” informed Ukrainian Ministry of Defense spokesman on ATO Colonel Andriy Lysenko at a press briefing at Ukraine Crisis Media Center.

In Luhansk sector, Russia-backed militants conducted ten attacks, five of which along Bakhmut road. They used mortars in Krymske twice. “Moreover, they used mortars once again at 23:00 near Novozvanivka, and employed APC weapons in the same area,” said Col. Lysenko. Our troops recorded enemy provocations near Shchastia and Stanytsia Luhanska.

In Donetsk sector, Russia-backed militants violated the ceasefire eight times. “The enemy used heavy weapons, firing over 20 rounds,” said the spokesman. In Verkhniotoretske Russian proxies used grenade launchers.

 In Mariupol sector militants used mortars and armor in Krasnohorivka twice and opened machine gun fire in Maryinka. “Hostile attacks continued in Novotroitske and Berezove. Militants repeatedly opened mortar fire there and conducted small arms provocations,” said Col. Lysenko. Russian proxies were shooting all day in Pavlopil-Shyrokyne frontline. In total, Ukrainian troops recorded 20 enemy attacks in this area yesterday.

According to the General Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense, last week militants lost 17 people killed and 17 wounded. According to the State Border Service of Ukraine, Ukrainian Special Forces detained a Russian citizen, a militant, air force colonel of Russian Army Valeriy Gratov, Voitenko by cover identification documents.

Report on the military developments as of July 9 is available here. Interactive data on the shelling: chronology shelling chart and the interactive map.

Share

Twitter
More news on the topic