Kyiv, March 6, 2015. Following the removal of BM-21 “Grad” multiple rocket launchers yesterday, the Ukrainian military has started to withdraw more powerful “Uragan” missile systems today, stated Colonel Andriy Lysenko, ATO spokesperson, at a press-briefing at Ukraine Crisis Media Center. Members of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission observed the withdrawal process from the contact line in accordance with Minsk agreements. “If Russian proxies decide to launch an offensive, our forces are ready to quickly return the weapons to the combat positions,” Col. Lysenko said.
Russia-backed militants used the “harassing fire” tactics, firing single shots at the Ukrainian military positions. No cases of artillery use had been recorded. Militants mortared Avdiivka and Pisky last night. “Ukrainian soldiers engaged in a military action in the area near Mykolayivka, Donetsk region. Pro-Russian militants fired at the Ukrainian foothold 4 times, using infantry combat vehicles and mortars and then tried to storm it. Ukrainian forces repelled the attack,” the ATO spokesman said. Militants also tried to attack the Ukrainian positions near Shyrokyne, firing from grenade launchers, small arms and sniper rifles. But they failed yet again. Four Ukrainian servicemen got wounded in the last 24 hours. Ukrainian Armed Forces did not suffer any lethal casualties.
Ukrainian soldiers spotted 3 enemy UAVs in the areas of the Donetsk region, namely Popasna, Lomakyne and Orlovske, over the last day.