ATO Staff: Ukrainian troops finished withdrawing cannons below 100mm

ATO Staff: Ukrainian troops finished withdrawing cannons below 100mm
October 30, 2015.

Kyiv, October 30, 2015. Ukrainian troops finished withdrawing cannons below 100mm yesterday. “In line with the previously approved plan, Ukrainian forces withdrew artillery weapons below 100mm,” said ATO Staff spokesperson captain Leonid Matyukhin via Skype at Ukraine Crisis Media Center.

Withdrawal of artillery below 100mm started on October 27. Nevertheless, the situation was tense in the ATO zone yesterday. “Militants shot at our positions using grenade launchers and light arms near Zaitseve,” said captain Matyukhin. According to the spokesperson, militants assaulted Ukrainian positions using grenade launchers, large machine-guns and small arms south of Avdiivka the following day.

The ATO spokesperson mentioned that military engineers finished demining power lines in the section from Vuhlehirska thermal power station to Krymske. Works are in process in the area from Vuhlehirska thermal power station to Mykhailivka and from Novotoshkivka to Krymske. Moreover, they cleared railway intersection Olenivka-Pivdenno Donbaske and Maiorsk-Kostiantynivka. “Information on objects damaged by shelling and in need for immediate repair is being collected, analyzed and passed to CARITAS foundation representatives,” added captain Matyukhin.

Share

Twitter