On Monday, July 9, at 15-00 UCMC press center will host a workshop for journalists on topic: “The role of the media in covering conflicts”.
- Keith Richburg, journalist at The Washington Post (1990 – 2013), fellow at the Institute of Politics at Harvard University and a lecturer of international reporting at Princeton University, author of “Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa”
Mr. Richburg will cover:
– Fake news
– Safety for journalists in war zones, dealing with trauma and PTSD
– Media literacy
- Peter Dickinson, Publisher of Business Ukraine and Lviv Today magazines
Mr. Dickinson will cover:
– challenges of explaining complex conflicts to international audiences;
– challenges of producing balanced reporting in a fake news environment;
– war of words: the importance of terminology in modern conflict reporting.
The event is open for everyone interested in the topic.