A press briefing on the “Joint Statement by Civil Society Representatives on the First Political Steps of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky” will be held at the press center of the Ukraine Crisis Media Center (Khreschatyk Str., 2) on Thursday, May 23, 2019, at 12:00.
On May 22, 2019, representatives of civil society and NGOs signed a joint statement outlining “red lines” – a list of possible decisions of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky – the crossing of which will lead to worsening of the situation around the country.
Potentially dangerous decisions relate to the security sector, foreign policy priorities of the country, economic steps, Ukrainian identity (language, culture, education), media and information policy, as well as issues related to the functioning of the state.
The reason for the signing of the joint statement was the concern of civil society representatives about the first appointments of the newly elected President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky.
The list of the civil society representatives and organizations who signed the document:
- Ukraine Crisis Media Centre
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (2014)
- Institute of Mass Information
- Centre for Civil Initiatives
- Centre for Economic Strategy
- NGO “Detector Media”
- NGO “Internews-Ukraine”
- NGO “Ukrainian Prism”
- Centre of Global Studies “Strategy ХХІ”
- Foreign Policy Counsil “Ukrainian Prism”
- Euromaidan Press
- The Steering Committee of the Ukrainian National Platform for the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
- Valery Pekar, Vice-President of Ukrainian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
Lyubov Tsybulska, Head of the UCMC Hybrid Warfare Analytical Group
Olga Chyzhova, Communication Director of the NGO “Ukrainian Prism”
Yevhen Fedchenko, Chief Editor of StopFake
Vadym Misky, Program Director of the NGO “Detector Media”