More than 584 Ukrainian children suffered as a result of full-scale armed aggression by the Russian Federation – 208 children died, 376 were injured to varying severity.
This was reported by the Office of the Prosecutor General.
According to juvenile prosecutors, kids suffered the most n Donetsk region – 119, Kyiv region – 113, Kharkiv – 91, Chernihiv – 57, Kherson – 44, Mykolaiv – 41, Luhansk – 36, Zaporizhia – 25, Kyiv city – 16, Sumy – 16 , Zhytomyr – 15.
These data are not conclusive, as inspection of sites of active hostilities and liberated settlements and receiving information on the temporarily occupied territories are underway.
- On April 20 due to artillery firing by the Russian military in the village of Nova Zorya, Bilozirsky district, Kherson region, two people, including a 16-year-old boy, were killed when a shell hit a residential building.
- On April 20, an 11-year-old girl was injured in a shelling of civilian infrastructure in Mykolayiv.
- The body of a 15-year-old girl who received a fatal lung injury was found during the recording of criminal offenses committed in Borodyanka, Kyiv region.
- It was found that in the first half of March 2022 in Klavdiyeve-Tarasove, Bucha district, Kyiv region, the Russian military shot a civilian car with a man and his two daughters, aged 7 and 11. The children were seriously injured. The youngest child died without regaining consciousness, and the eldest was saved by the doctors.
- Also during the recording of criminal offenses committed in the Kyiv region, it was found that on March 4 as a result of shelling in the village Horenychi, a father and his 7-year-old daughter were injured.
- It was found that on March 13, a 13-year-old boy was injured during the shelling of the town of Kreminna, Severodonetsk district of the Luhansk region.
The bombing and shelling by the Russian armed forces damaged 1,141 educational institutions, 99 of which were completely destroyed.