Ukrainian media digest 16 September 2014

Petro Poroshenko reminded that the key element of his Peace plan was the issue of special status for certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions “that are de-facto elements of decentralization with complete and unconditional adherence to sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of our state and with attributes like foreign, security and legal policy belonging to the state”. Speaking of his draft law on amnesty, the Head of State noted that the amnesty would not relate to criminals who had committed crimes under the articles of the Criminal Code regarding deliberate murder, terrorism, attempted murder of statesman, law enforcer, judge, rape, pillage, abuse of the dead bodies, vandalism and a series of other articles that should ensure the integrity of our state.

President Petro Poroshenko dismissed the interim governor of Luhansk region Iryna Veryhina. Thus, with Decree №723/2014 Mr Poroshenko dismissed Veryhina, Espresso TV informs. “To dismiss Veryhina Iryna Konstantynivna the interim head of Lviv regional state administration,” the document states.

The so-called Council of ministers of the Republic of Crimea will resign from October 9, the so-called head of Crimea Sergey Aksenov announced today at the meeting. “Starting from October 9 certain procedural acts will be held for dismissing the government and starting the formation of a new Council of ministers,” Aksenov underlines. He adds he will talk to each member of the government. “I think we will save the whole format of our work in the same way,” Aksenov says.

There was shooting at Yevhen Balitskyi’s house on September 15 in Melitopol, Zaporizhzhya region. As Balitskyi himself told MTB-plus channel there were 4 shots at his house. “There were shooting at my parents’ house. There were 4 shots, there was a broken window. We handed over papers to the town police division,” MP said. Law enforcement officials inform they have opened an investigation regarding this case. The deputy himself links the current situation with his decision to run for a parliamentary seat in 80 district.

The so-called “authorities” of the terrorist group Donetsk People’s Republic do not consider President’s decree on Donbass status to be important. “This law is for Ukraine. Laws for DPR’s are created by our own parliament,” the so-called DPR’s prime minister told RIA News. “It may create common ground for the future talks, but not more than that,” he adds.

The election committee of the temporarily occupied Crimea Republic published official results of elections of the “so-called” State council, committee’s website informs. Therefore, following the illegal election, 75 deputies were elected: 50 were elected from republican election districts and 25 deputies were elected from single-sit electoral districts.

Terrorists in Stakhanov city in Luhansk region have announced they are quitting the self-proclaimed LPR. As TSN informs, the city isn’t controlled by anyone. New formation, which was represented at the meeting with businessmen as “Cossacks of Stakhanov people’s guard”. Gunmen are planning to raise money for the budget by using businessmen’s help.

Business leaders of Ukraine, EU, US and Russian Federation proposed 10 steps for solving the conflict at Donbass. Ukraine was represented by the head of Horizon Capital Natalya Yaresko, the head of Donetsk RSA Sergey Taruta, the owner of EastOne Group Viktor Pinchuk, the head of KM Core Yevheniy Utkin.

Ihor Kolomoyskyi’s man and deputy head of Dnipropetrovsk region Boris Filatov has changed his rhetoric. In his statement, he urges people to let the authorities regulate the conflict peacefully. The rumors said Kolomoyskyi has derived a benefit from the law about the special status of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko awarded medal to deputy heads of Dnipropetrovsk RSA Boris Filatov and Hennadiy Korban.

Crimean election committee adopted the official results of the local elections. 75 deputies were elected to the State Council of Republic. Russia’s ruling party United Russia took 70 seats.

Deputy head of the Committee of voters of Ukraine Natalia Lynnyk informs the turnout at Donbass will be 40 percent at the day of the voting, the turnout on the rest Ukraine’s territories will be nearly 60 percent.

Newly elected governor of Ivano-Frankivsk region Oleg Honcharuk informs he won’t realize staff turnover until the end of the election campaign.

Today, September 15, at the press conference Zaporizhzhya mayor Aleksandr Sin once more has demolished information that he was planning to abandon the city to the enemy in a military situation.

The Verkhovna Rada has voted for draft laws on special status for Luhansk and Donetsk regions as well as on amnesty. According to the law, local elections in the individual districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions will be held on December, 7, 2014.