Attention! In case of an air alert, visitors of the event can use the shelter located in the basement of the Ukrainian House ( Ukraine Crisis Media Center, Ukrainian House, 1st floor. 2 Khreshchatyk street, Kyiv 01001 )
The All-Ukrainian Marathon against draft law No.5655 will be held on September 7, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. to 13:30 p.m.
Organizers of the marathon:
- the Association of Cities of Ukraine
- the National Union of Architects of Ukraine and the Chamber of Architects of Ukraine
- the public organization “CHESNO Movement”
with the participation of representatives of local self-government, architects, the public from all parts of Ukraine and from the front.
The President of Ukraine is being urged to veto draft law No. 5655 by:
- at least 42,090 citizens who have managed to sign the relevant petition
- 1,000 deputies and 57 village, town, and city councils
- the National Union of Architects of Ukraine and the Chamber of Architects (914 signatures by architects and appeals from 24 regional branches of the professional self-regulatory organization of architects);
- MEPs in paragraph 17 of the Resolution of the European Parliament dated 15.06.23. (2023/2739(RSP)).
The participants will talk about the negative effects of draft law No. 5655 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Reforming the Sphere of Urban Planning”:
- the idea of introducing an electronic system in the field of construction is destroyed;
- spontaneous construction is encouraged;
- illegal construction is legalized;
- exclusively the state function of control and supervision is transferred to private economic entities;
- the cost of drawing up urban planning documentation increases;
- the public is deprived of its rights to initiate mandatory inspections of construction in case of violations;
- market access is monopolized;
- the rights of land owners are violated;
- corruption risks in urban planning sphere increase;
- the capabilities of local self-government bodies are limited;
- self-regulation in Ukraine as the basis of professional development of the industry is destroyed;
- the powers of cultural heritage protection bodies are reduced;
- the rights of architects and other industry specialists are diminished;
- decentralization is destroyed;
- construction amnesty is introduced.
We invite industry experts, journalists and all interested persons to participate in the Marathon and register using the form by September 6, 2023. The event venue and streaming link will be sent to you when completing a registration form.