Nuclear blackmail remains one of the strongest instruments of intimidation that Russia uses in its war against Ukraine. Zaporizhzhya NPP, which is the largest in Europe, is still under the control of Russian occupiers who use this fact to blackmail the world with a new nuclear catastrophe.
Russian troops regularly shell the NPP and nearby facilities, organize provocations, continue their nuclear terrorism, and use the plant as a military base to shell Ukrainian civilians.
While Zaporizhzhia NPP needs an inspection and repairs, and the situation there is beyond International Atomic Energy Agency control, Russian propaganda keeps shifting the responsibility for nuclear terrorism to Ukrainian Armed Forces, mining the NPP territory and violating all principles of nuclear safety.
- Valeriy Chaly, Chairman of the Board of the UCMC, Ambassador of Ukraine to the USA (2015-2019)
- Volodymyr Yelchenko, Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN (1997-2001; 2015-2018)
- Olga Kosharna, nuclear energy expert
- Mykhailo Gonchar, president of the Strategy XXI Center for Global Studies, energy expert
- Hryhorii Plachkov, head of the State Atomic Energy Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine (2017-2021)
UKRAINE IN FLAMES project is created by Ukraine Crisis Media Center and NGO “Euroatlantic Course”. We are aiming at searching a loud support for Ukraine in the war started by Russia on the 24th of February 2022.
If you want to support Ukraine against Russian aggression, check the link with recommendations by Ukraine Crisis Media Center – https://uacrisis.org/en/help-ukraine.
NGO Euroatlantic Course collects donations to support Ukrainian Army and civilians – https://eac.org.ua/en/main-page/.