Ministry of Defense: Troops withdrawal is not happening due militants’ attacks in Stanytsia Luhanska


Ukrainian Armed Forces incurred no fatal casualties yesterday, yet five servicemen were wounded.

Russia-backed militants repeatedly violated the ceasefire in the Luhansk sector yesterday: four times in Stanytsia Luhanska district, once in Krymske and three times in Popasna district. “Due to the fact that the enemy shelled the area of potential withdrawal of troops and equipment, the withdrawal won’t happen in the nearest future,” reported Ukrainian Ministry of Defense spokesman on ATO Colonel Andriy Lysenko during a press briefing at Ukraine Crisis Media Center.

In Donetsk sector, Russian proxies conducted 11 ceasefire violations. Avdiivka remains the main flashpoint. “In addition to a number of attacks at our positions, the enemy hit residential quarters injuring a civilian,” informed the spokesman. Militants used mortars in Novoluhanske, Avdiivka and Pisky, firing 16 rounds.

In Mariupol sector 29 ceasefire violations were recorded, three of these involved heavy weapons. Most attacks took place in Pavlopil – Shyrokyne frontline. “Apart from light weapons, the enemy was actively using armor and mortars. The biggest number of attacks took place in Shyrokyne, reaching 10 incidents in 24 hours,” said Col. Lysenko. Militants used mortars in Krasnohorivka and Troitske as well.

In Khmelnytskyi SBU prevented a terrorist attack, prepared by the Russian special services. The attacker was to receive in Odessa explosives passed by the intelligence services of the Russian Federation from the so-called“Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic”. The courier with explosives was detained. According to the SBU counterintelligence, the organizer of the attack is FSB officer, who now holds high office in a criminal organization “Ministry of National Security of ‘LPR’”.

Report on the military developments as of April 6 is available here. Interactive data on the shelling: chronology shelling chart and the interactive map.