Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is seeking a qualified professional to fill the following long-term position for the five-year USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency Program (DOBRE):
Administrative and Finance Manager for DOBRE Program Regional Office in Dnipro
The primary functions of the Admin and Finance Manager are to assist with the day to day administrative, logistics and finance related functions at the DOBRE Regional Program office in Dnipro. This includes, but is not limited to, handling logistics relating to staff travel, organization of events, maintenance of office premises and equipment, etc., maintaining office inventory and updating inventory records regularly, procurement of stationery and other supplies, payment of bills promptly, withdrawal of petty cash funds and recording of expenditure promptly, timely submission of all finance, procurement, administrative and logistics documents and reports. The Administrative and Finance Manager will be based in Dnipro and will report to the Regional Manager.
- Make travel arrangement for all staff and visitor’s work-related travel. Where needed coordinate with the staff in Kyiv office for making such arrangements. This may involve obtaining airplane or train tickets, renting vehicles, making hotel reservations, dealing with travel agent, etc.;
- Organize and make arrangement for all program events, meetings, workshops, training, etc., within the region. This may involve arranging for venue for such events, organizing participants travel and accommodation, arranging for stationery and other event material and equipment such as power point projector, sound system, etc;
- Be responsible for office and equipment maintenance, office cleaning services, etc;
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office including answering calls, greeting visitors, and directing them to the appropriate DOBRE staff member;
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; and verify receipt of supplies;
- Withdraw funds for petty cash disbursements and maintain proper record of disbursements;
- Carry out a cash count on a daily basis and maintain a record of such cash count;
- Collect supporting documents, review for completeness and accuracy, prepare payment vouchers and submit for review and approval;
- Monitor and track advances to staff and other outside vendors to ensure prompt clearing but no later than the month-end;
- Be responsible for copying, scanning, filing and maintaining of procurement, accounting and finance records, reports and other documents in a proper and sequential manner;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information regarding both human resources and fiscal matters that may come across during the course of duty;
- Maintain leave tracking system (sick/annual/holiday/leave without pay) for regional staff and give regular monthly updates;
- Maintain an accurate staff contact list for DOBRE regional office;
- Make sure that employees timesheets are completed and submitted to Kyiv office in a timely manner;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar capacity;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations will be preferred;
- Prior experience on international donor-funded projects preferred;
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian and Russian — both written and oral required;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; Ability to perform and complete a variety of detail-oriented duties in a deadline driven, fast paced environment;
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office spreadsheet, word processing, etc.;
- Willing and able to travel to field offices as needed.
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically to program sites if required.
Candidates are asked to submit resumes and cover letters in English to: [email protected] indicating the position title in the subject line by December 25, 2016. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.