Conference “Reorganizing and creating museums in the near-front zone as an instrument of humanitarian policy formation” will take place on Thursday, July 7, at Ukraine Crisis Media Center (Ukrainian House, European Square, 2 Khreshchatyk Street).
Aim of the conference:
– update the issue of absence of efficient humanitarian policy in Ukraine, namely on the temporarily occupied territories and museums’ potential to participate in its formation to the full extent;
– consider the issue regarding reorganization of museums in Ukraine, namely in the near-front zone (on example of Sloviansk Local History Museum);
– discuss the reasons and the consequences of lack of state museums (on example of Severodonetsk town);
– represent and discuss the world experience of organizing museums in industrial regions and their positive influence on regional development;
– represent museum projects “Svitlohrad”, “Luhansk’s Arts & Facts” and “Museum of Donbas’ modern history” aimed at researching, studying and rethinking of the history of Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
The conference will include three discussion panels with Ukrainian and international experts discussing the stated problems. Anybody who want to take part in the conference, may join the audience.