During April, the National Outreach: Media Reboot team together with the ABO agency (Local Media Development Agency) implemented a series of training webinars for regional media, dedicated to the work and presentation of media outlets on social networks and the search for new approaches and formats in the work of media.
Thus, on April 23, the last of a series of webinars for regional media entitled “How to be captivating and influential media: what and how to write” was held. Oleksandr Bilinsky, co-founder of the ABO agency, shared his experience with the participants.
Here are 12 tips for media people:
- position your media and stand out in the eyes of readers;
- from news genre to storytelling – look for interesting stories and characters;
- from rewriting to “repacking the content” – add values of your readers;
- create useful materials – solve the problems of your readers;
- do not be afraid to experiment, because there are no universal reviewers for all media;
- build a proper distribution of content – look for your readers;
- do not hesitate to tell about your media and your materials;
- fight for your readers’ emotions;
- optimize your media – find insights into what readers are really looking for;
- create your own editorial eco-system – allocate human resources efficiently;
- unite, cooperate and create joint partnership projects;
- work with freelancers.
Now the participants will have a series of tasks and media puzzles from mentors and lecturers, a review of successful results and correction of errors.
The webinar was part of the Contemporary Regional Media Project – a pledge of quality in a media-competent democratic Ukraine, which is being implemented by the Ukraine Crisis Media Center with the financial support of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs represented by the Norwegian Embassy in Kiev.