On February 24, 2022, Russian Federation started a full-scale military invasion in Ukraine.
21:16 Yuri Fomichev, Mayor of Slavutych
Russians who left the Chornobyl nuclear power plant took with them Ukrainian border guards, who have been held captive since the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine on February 24
20:49 Mateusz Morawiecki, Prime Minister of Poland
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki told CNN on Thursday that he believes Russian troops will “quite soon” aim to capture one-third of the land in Ukraine and that Moscow will use it to strengthen its negotiating hand.
“I see the Russian troops regrouping, reorganizing. I think that they will try to surround the Ukrainian forces quite soon — in the Donbas region in particular. And then having captured one-third of the land in Ukraine, they will want to negotiate from this … very strong position,” the prime minister told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview.
20:26 Iryna Vereshchuk, Vice Prime Minister
According to information of the Ukrainian authorities, the Russian occupants illegally deported 45,000 Mariupol residents to the territory of the Russian Federation and the territory controlled by the so-called “DNR” militants
19:31 Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration
The situation in Luhansk region is getting worse, Russian troops are bringing a lot of equipment, and Chechen militants have also entered the region.
“The situation is getting worse. We note that a lot of equipment is brought. Most of them are unloaded in Debaltseve and then pulled to our region. Chechens have already arrived in the region on the temporarily occupied territory. Our people covered about 50 units of equipment with an artillery fire yesterday and shot the Chechen headquarters. Nobody came out alive”, Serhii Haidai stated.
19:24 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The thirty-sixth day of the heroic opposition of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion continues.
Russian occupying forces are trying to create a new group of troops in the Slobozhanshchyna direction in order to establish control over parts of the Kharkiv, Luhansk and Donetsk regions, including the blockade of the cities of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk.
The enemy continues to attack the city of Popasna, presumably in order to divert the attention of Ukraine’s military leadership from attempts to establish control over Izium and Mariupol.
Mercenaries from the Middle East have been transferred to the Belarusian city of Gomel in the Sivershchyna direction.
According to the information received, on March 29, 200 mercenaries were transferred to the Gomel military airfield. In addition, Russia continues to transfer missile units to the Republic of Belarus in order to increase the intensity of ballistic missile attacks on settlements and infrastructure in Ukraine. Thus, in the Gomel region, three Iskander missile systems and two S-300 air defense systems were detected to cover them.
Leaving military equipment on the territory of Ukraine, the occupants are increasingly resorting to its mining. In addition, the use of mine traps by the enemy has become more frequent.
In the territories temporarily occupied by the enemy, he continues to restrict the movement of the local population, Russian invaders take Ukrainian citizens hostage and export goods looted from civilians.
In the Russian Federation, the practice of submitting applications to the judiciary for military leadership by relatives of Russian servicemen killed in the war with Ukraine has begun. In particular, a similar case of filing a lawsuit against the commander was recorded in the 752nd Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 3rd Motorized Rifle Division of the 20th Army of the Western Military District.
Ukraine’s defense forces continue to successfully carry out their tasks, pursue the retreating enemy, break through the occupiers’ defensive positions and gradually liberate Ukrainian lands.
Let’s win together! Glory to Ukraine!
18:42 US Treasury Department
The US Treasury Department imposed sanctions on 13 Russians and 21 Russian companies working in the spheres of high technology, including for the needs of the Russian army.
They are mainly related to Russia’s engineering developments and actions in cyberspace.
Restrictions include, among others, the Vector Research Institute, Micron, Certal, Sernia Engineering, and other technology companies closely involved in military development.
The Board of Governors of the World Association of Nuclear Power Plant Operators (WANO) has decided to transfer Energoatom, together with all stations and nuclear power units, to the WANO Paris Center.
Now it includes:
⚡️ Zaporizhzhia NPP (6 WWER-1000 units),
⚡️ Rivne NPP (2 WWER-440 units, 2 WWER-1000 units),
⚡️ South Ukrainian NPP (3 WWER-1000 units),
⚡️ Khmelnitsky NPP (2 WWER-1000 units).
17:26 National Bank of Ukraine
The NBU has written a letter to the Nuclear Risk Insurers Association and the Nuclear Insurance Pool requesting it to terminate all business relations with nuclear insurance pools and insurance companies in Russia and Belarus.
Part of the Russian forces, who seized the Chornobyl nuclear power plant and other facilities in the Exclusion Zone, marched in two columns towards the Ukrainian border with Belarus. A “small number” of Russian troops remain at the station
Updated at 17:59. The occupants confirmed their intention to leave the Chornobyl nuclear power plant by a relevant “document”. It states that “there are no claims from the administration of the protected object against the troops of the National Guard of the Russian Federation”.
Updated 18:55. Energoatom also reports that information has been confirmed about fortifications, trenches, which Russians built directly in the Red Forest – the most polluted site in the entire Exclusion Zone.
It is noted that the occupants received significant doses of radiation and panicked at the first sign of illness: “Among the military almost a riot began to breach, and they began to gather from there”.
15:58 Suspilne TV
“We have heard the recent statements from Russia that it will reduce hostilities near Kyiv and northern Ukraine. But Russia has repeatedly lied about its intentions. Therefore, we can pay attention not to its words, but only to its actions. According to our intelligence, Russian troops are trying to regroup, provide supplies and weapons to the military group in Donbas. Russia is also continuing to increase pressure on Kyiv and other cities. Therefore, we expect even greater tensions, which will lead to greater suffering”, said Jens Stoltenberg, NATO Secretary General at a press conference on the report on NATO’s activities in 2021.
14:51 State Emergency Service
As of 13:00 on March 31, after the hit of the Russian missile to the building of the Mykolaiv Regional State Administration 20 people died (rescuers removed 19 bodies from under blockages and 1 person died in resuscitation).
The work continues.
Earlier it was reported that 17 people died
14:42 Ukrinform referring to the Telegram-channel of the Azov Regiment, which are currently defending Mariupol
In blocked Mariupol, Russian invaders are looting apartments, killing and raping city residents.
“We know that in the temporarily occupied areas of the city, these criminals are robbing civilian apartments, killing and raping city residents. Now these scum have become less, “the statement reads.
14:30 Ekonomichna Pravda
Google stated that a hacker group from Russia, known as Coldriver or Callisto, attacked NATO training centers and military organizations in several Eastern European countries. This was reported by Reuters.
14:14 Main Intelligence Agency of the Defence Ministry of Ukraine
The Main Intelligence Agency of Ukraine obtained personal data on individual servicemen (106 people) of the 38th Paratrooper Brigade (unit 92616, Brest) of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus.
Remember! All war criminals will be prosecuted for crimes against the civilian population of Ukraine.
View the list in PDF format (name, photo, military rank, position, identification number, registration/residence address, contact phone, brand and number of car owned).
13:52 Suspilne TV
Russian military fired on 5 buses with volunteers near Chernihiv, there are dead and injured
This was announced by Anton Gerashchenko, Adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs, in his Telegram channel. The video published by Gerashchenko together with the message shows that four buses burned down. According to preliminary information, one volunteer died and four others were seriously injured. One car managed to escape from the shelling on damaged wheels. The driver was injured and later hospitalised.
13:40 Mykhailo Podoliak
The Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine initiated 3,457 criminal proceedings against the Russian servicemen. According to the article “violation of the laws and customs of war.” All crimes are heavy – killings, mass rapes, child abuse, and tortures. Documentary facts. The consequences for Russia are catastrophic in all jurisdictions.
13:23 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The thirty-sixth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion began.
- The main efforts of the Russian enemy are focused on maintaining the occupied borders, preparing for the resumption of offensive operations in certain areas, and establishing full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
- The Russian enemy is taking measures to regroup and form groups of the armed forces of the Russian Federation to conduct an offensive in the Eastern Operational Zone. The transfer of part of the enemy’s troops and equipment from the territory of the Republic of Belarus to the territory of the Russian Federation by rail was recorded.
- There is a threat of Russian enemy use of missile weapons on the objects of the defence-industrial complex and logistical infrastructure of Ukraine. Additional units of the armed forces of the Russian federation are being relocated to Ukraine to conduct hostilities. At the same time, some military units of the Russian enemy have already exhausted the possibilities of forming reserves.
- In the Volyn direction, no significant changes in the composition and position of Russian enemy troops were noted. The Russian enemy continues to conduct demonstrations in this direction.
- In the Polissya direction, the enemy’s main efforts are focused on withdrawing units from the territory of Ukraine, restoring their combat capability, and, probably, transferring them to other directions. In particular, the enemy is moving units of the 35th, 36th Combined Arms Armies, and the 76th Airborne Assault Division of the Airborne Troops from the Polissya Operational District.
- To ensure the withdrawal of troops, the occupiers are conducting artillery fire on the positions of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and carrying out remote mining of the area by means prohibited by international conventions. Due to the critical situation, the withdrawal of units of the 35th Combined Arms Army is personally organized by the commander of the army, Lieutenant General Oleksandr Sanchyk.
- According to the available information, during the fighting against Ukraine, the losses of the 1st Motorised Infantry Battalion of the 36th Separate Motorised Infantry Brigade (unit 06705, Borzya) of the 29th Combined Arms Army accounted for more than 60% of the personnel.
- In the Siversky direction, the Russian enemy operates with the help of separate units of the 2nd, 41st Combined Arms Army, and 90th Tank Division of the Central Military District.
- The Russian occupiers continue to block and carry out artillery shelling of Chernihiv. They are fixed on the occupied frontiers and regroup. The Russian enemy uses UAVs to conduct reconnaissance and adjust artillery fire.
- In the Brovary direction, the enemy continues to withdraw units, probably to the border areas with the Russian federation.
- Some units remain at positions and checkpoints along with transport communications and on the approaches to temporarily occupied settlements, mines areas, and civilian objects.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy continues to carry out artillery shelling of the city of Kharkiv.
- In the direction of Slovyansk, the Russian enemy continues to regroup troops and replenish ammunition and fuel, and oil with the help of certain units.
- In the Donetsk direction, the Russian enemy is concentrating its main efforts on taking control of the settlements of Popasna, Rubizhne, as well as the capture of the city of Mariupol.
The Russian enemy intensified airstrikes with the use of operational and tactical aircraft on troops and facilities in the areas of the settlements of Lysychansk, Rubizhne, Popasna, and Kreminna. It tried to bypass our units but was unsuccessful. It strengthens the group in the Donetsk direction. The arrival of railway echelons with weapons and equipment at the Rovenky railway station was noted.
The Russian enemy continues assaulting the city of Mariupol.
The Russian enemy concentrated its efforts on maintaining the occupied positions in the areas of the settlements of Novozlatopil and Liubymivka.
- In the Tavriya direction, near Nova Kakhovka, the enemy deployed a logistics base and does not take active action.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian enemy is taking measures to restore combat capability and continues to carry out engineering support activities. It is trying to block the actions of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with artillery fire.
13:02 Office of the President of Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the people and politicians of the Netherlands: “We have no right to give this war another 36 days! We must all work together to make Russia seek peace as soon as possible! Hundreds of children were killed. Thousands were killed. Tens of thousands of houses were destroyed. Burned cities, villages. Russian occupiers rape women in occupied areas. They steal everything they find. They don’t even kill anymore to achieve any military success. Not to sow terror. They started killing because it was fun for them! Entertainment for people who have as many weapons as possible and no deterrents. We will never accept this! And we will not stop defending ourselves.”
Russian troops have abducted and detained 24 government and local officials. Data on two more are being clarified. The information based on statements of local military administrations was provided by the media in the President’s Office.
11:29 State Emergency Service of Ukraine
The shelling in the Luhansk region has not abated. A small child aged almost two died in Lysychansk. An 8-year-old girl was injured. Her condition is stable after the operation. Yesterday, March 30, several injured and dead residents of Lysychansk could not be taken from the streets for hours due to the intensity of the shelling.
In the evening, a school in Sievierodonetsk and a reservoir for oil products in Lysychansk caught fire. Dozens of high-rise and private residential buildings, outbuildings, garages, and cars were engulfed in flames.
In Pryvillia and Kreminna, dry grass and reeds caught fire due to Russian shelling.
Today, March 31, as a result of the shelling of the residential area of Sievierodonetsk, the house was destroyed. Two citizens were rescued. One person was pulled out from the rubble without signs of life.
Firefighters are currently extinguishing a fire in a 200-square-meter warehouse in Sievierodonetsk.
Over the past 24 hours, the pyrotechnics of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine in the Luhansk region have worked out more than 30 addresses on the presence of explosive devices.
In addition, 260 people were evacuated from Lysychansk yesterday, 25 from Rubizhne, 73 from Sievierodonetsk, 58 from Kreminna, and 13 from Popasna. All evacuees are already safe.
10:54 Suspilne and State Emergency Service of Ukraine
The number of people who died as a result of a missile attack by the Russian troops on the building of the Mykolaiv regional state administration increased to 17. Works on dismantling blockages and searching for people proceeded all night. As of 10:00 rescuers released the body of one more man from under the blockages.
Earlier it was reported that as of 07:00 on March 31, 16 people died (rescuers released 15 bodies from the rubble, 1 person died in intensive care).
10:53 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
Over the past day, Russian troops have struck 47 times with artillery, mortar, and tank strikes on the areas of Piatykhatky, Oleksiivka, and the Kharkiv Tractor Plant. About 380 shellings from BM-21 “Grad” and BM-30 “Smerch” were recorded. In Saltivka, the enemy damaged the gas pipeline causing a conflagration. Rescuers have localized it.
10:05 Head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration Pavlo Kyrylenko
At night, the Russians continued shelling in the central part of the region. In Marinka, Krasnohorivka, and Novomykhailivka, the enemy used phosphorous munitions again. Eleven wounded civilians from the Marinka community, including 4 children, were taken to the Kurakhiv City Hospital.
9:36 Joint Stock Company Kharkivmiskhaz
Another direct hit of a projectile in one of the districts of Kharkiv destroyed an underground gas pipeline of medium pressure with a diameter of 720 mm.
Due to the active actions of the aggressor, about 34 thousand residents were left without a gas supply. Active hostilities, constant shelling, and unpredictable bombing make it impossible to carry out repair work on this section of the pipeline.
8:56 Commissioner for Human Rights of Ukraine Liudmyla Denisova
148 children have died and 232 children have been injured since the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion in Ukraine.
8:50 Press service of the Prime Minister of Australia
The Australian Government is taking further action to increase the economic costs to Russia following its illegal invasion of Ukraine, supported by Belarus, by applying an additional tariff of 35 percent for all imports from Russia and Belarus. This will take effect from 25 April 2022 and will be in addition to the general duty rates that currently apply
8:20 Defence Intelligence of Great Britain
Russian forces continue to hold positions to the east and west of Kyiv despite the withdrawal of a limited number of units. Heavy fighting will likely take place in the suburbs of the city in the coming days.
7:10 Head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration Serhii Haidai
The school, the oil depot, dozens of houses in Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk were engulfed in flames. It was impossible to pick up the injured and dead residents of Lysychansk from the streets for hours.
The fires broke out in 9 houses in Lysychansk, in 5 houses and schools in Sievierodonetsk, and in one house in Rubizhne. A number of houses were damaged without fire.
Russians are shelling residential areas with all kinds of heavy weapons. To date, every neighborhood was hit by Russians. Each of the three main parts of Lysychansk suffered from artillery and BM-21 “Grad”. Two people died. Two children are in critical condition.
7:08 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The thirty-sixth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion began.
- The leadership of the Russian Federation is considering the formation of occupation authorities on the temporarily occupied territories. According to the available information, employees of law enforcement agencies, prosecutor’s offices, and courts of the Russian Federation are being selected for deployment to the territory of Ukraine.
- To implement the scenario of creating another pseudo-republic in the Kherson region, the work of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation, the 652nd Group of Information and Psychological Operations, and officers of the 12th Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Federation is noted. The main activity of these units is the so-called “explanatory work” with local authorities and the public. Information support is provided by showing videos with fictitious persons.
- The moral and psychological condition of the enemy troops and the level of motivation of the personnel of the occupying forces to take part in hostilities remains low and tends to deteriorate. According to the available information, two platoon commanders were removed from their positions in the units of the 60th Separate Motorised Infantry Brigade of the 5th Combined Arms Army of the Eastern Military District due to non-fulfillment of the order to conduct hostilities. The Deputy Commander of the Brigade for Military and Political Work is scheduled to arrive in the area of combat missions of the battalion tactical group in the Yasynivka, Donetsk region.
- Numerous cases of refusal to continue service and reluctance to sign contracts with conscripts have been reported in units of the Baltic Fleet, in particular the 79th Separate Motorised Infantry Brigade of the 11th Army Corps.
- On the territory of the Republic of Belarus, the movement of military equipment of the armed forces of the Russian Federation was recorded, probably for the purpose of regrouping units, as well as creating a reserve to replenish losses in manpower, weapons, and equipment of groups operating in Ukraine.
- On the territories of the Kyiv region left by the enemy, there are frequent cases of mining of the territory and buildings of local residents.
- The Defence Forces Group continues to conduct a defence operation in the Eastern, Southeastern, and Northeastern directions. In all directions, the enemy is successfully restrained by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in some – our troops are carrying out successful counterattacks.
- The Joint Forces in the Donetsk and Luhansk areas repulsed 5 enemy attacks in a day. Our soldiers destroyed 10 tanks, 18 armored and 13 units of vehicles, 15 artillery systems. The enemy suffered casualties.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has hit 7 air targets in the previous day – 4 planes, UAVs, and 2 cruise missiles. Air Force aircraft continue to launch missile and bomb strikes on places of accumulation of equipment and the enemy manpower.
1:30 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The thirty-fifth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion is coming to an end.
- The threat of using missile weapons on the objects of the defense-industrial complex and logistics infrastructure of our State remains. In the Black Sea are ships equipped with cruise missiles naval base “Caliber”. The replenishment of the Caliber anti-aircraft missile system on the Admiral Makarov frigate has been completed at the Sevastopol naval base.
- Additional units of the armed forces of the Russian federation are being relocated to Ukraine to take part in the war. According to the available data, the vast majority of conscripts of the Eastern Military District remained in the permanent deployment points of military units and subdivisions, which indicates the exhaustion of opportunities for the formation of additional units.
- To control the temporarily occupied territories of Southern Ukraine, the enemy is trying to create military-civilian administrations and has begun preparations for a referendum on a quasi-state entity in the Kherson region (the so-called “Kherson People’s Republic”).
- In the Volyn direction. In the areas of the settlements of Pinsk, Luninets of the Republic of Belarus, units of the airborne troops of the armed forces of the Russian Federation were recorded, which were probably withdrawn from the territory of Ukraine. The planned regrouping of units of the Eastern Military District continues in the Polissya direction. These units are expected to move to other areas. The enemy did not take active action in the northern direction. The occupiers have focused on sabotage and reconnaissance activities and continue to take measures to establish logistics. Soon, it is expected that the fire on Ukrainian units will intensify to ensure the movement of their troops, with the further task of blocking the city of Chernihiv.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the enemy continues to block Kharkiv, conducting artillery shelling of the city. Carries out the movement of artillery units in the area of the city of Izyum, creates strike groups, in particular from the previously withdrawn troops.
- In the Donetsk direction, the main efforts of the occupiers continued to focus on taking control of the settlements of Popasna, Rubizhne, as well as the capture of the city of Mariupol. The enemy tried to carry out assault operations in the areas of Popasna, Rubizhne, Novobahmutivka, Marinka, and Zolota Niva. He was not successful. In Mariupol, the occupiers continue to carry out assault operations. Attempts are expected to launch an offensive in the directions of Kramatorsk and Pokrovsk, as well as to concentrate efforts in the direction of Svitlodarsk.
- In the South Bug area, the enemy is taking measures to restore combat capability and replenish supplies. Units of the Defense Forces restored control over the settlements of Orlove, Zahradivka, and Kochubeivka. To restore the previously lost position, the enemy is trying to conduct offensive operations in the direction of Oleksandrivka.
- According to available information, the command of the armed forces of the Russian Federation with the beginning of the armed aggression against Ukraine lost several military leaders from among senior officers, namely: Commander of the 1st Panzer Army Lieutenant General Serhiy Kisel, removed from office; Commander of the 6th General Army Lieutenant General Vladislav Yershov, removed from office and arrested; Chief of Staff – Deputy Commander of the 35th All-Military Army, Major General Sergei Nirkov, was seriously wounded; Chief of Staff – Deputy Commander of the 36th General Army, Major General Andrei Seritsky, was seriously wounded; Deputy Commander of the 41st All-Military Army, Lieutenant General Andriy Sukhovetsky, died; Commander of the 49th General Army Lieutenant General Yakov Ryazantsev, died; Commander of the 58th All-Military Army, Lieutenant General Mykhailo Zusk, was removed from office and arrested.