22:12 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on April 19, 2022:
- Manipulation: even though the propagandists denied the fact that civilians were at the Azovstal plant, the Russian Defense Ministry began demanding that Kyiv release all civilians from the plant, adding that forcibly keeping civilians as human shields is terrorism;
- Disinformation: after a three-week media break, Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said that the United States intends to fight (with Russia) “to the last Ukrainian” and is doing everything possible to “delay the special operation” in Ukraine;
- Fake: Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev said that “Russian intelligence data allow us to talk about thousands of mercenaries who came to Ukraine from around the world.” He also noted that they were “mostly professional killers with a broken psyche.”
21:59 Сhairman of the Mykolaiv Regional Council Hanna Zamazieieva
The Bashtanka city hospital in the Mykolaiv region seriously suffered as a result of attacks by the Russian troops. The dialysis and reception departments were completely destroyed. All windows in the operating room were broken due to the shelling.
21:30 Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine Mykhailo Fedorov
New sanctions against the Russian Federation from technology companies.
In particular, the American company MongoDB Inc. suspended sales of its cloud services to customers in Russia and Belarus. Also, the company will not sell the software of its flagship product MongoDB – a database management system that does not require a description of the table scheme.
In addition, the cloud PaaS platform Heroku no longer registers users from Russia, and Capcom without warning withdrew all its games from sale on Russian Steam.
1Password – new accounts from Russia are not registered. It is not possible to pay or renew the subscription to current users from Russia, after the end of the payment period the accounts will switch to “read-only” mode.
Soda PDF does not serve customers from Russia and Belarus. These are programs used to open, view, create, convert, edit, protect and share Portable Document Format files.
Strava, a social network for athletes, no longer works in Russia and Belarus.
Bungie has suspended sales of Destiny 2 in Russia and Belarus. Ansys Inc. has terminated the technical support of the software without explanation. Rovio, which created the Angry Birds franchise, has announced the suspension of its activities in Russia and Belarus. The company’s games have already been discontinued on Google Play and the App Store. In-game purchases are also disabled.
21:15 Ukrainska Pravda
The Russia-backed “leader” of the DNR militants, Denis Pushilin, spoke about the “accession” of part of the Zaporizhzhia region. He allegedly received a “request from residents” of the Rozivka district of the Zaporizhzhia region to “temporarily join the DNR”.
19:25 Mariupol City Council
Mariupol becomes the “second Aleppo”.
In 2011, the Russian military forces began destroying Aleppo in Syria. The city was severely bombed, and chemical weapons were used against the people. On March 26, Volodymyr Zelensky said that the situation in Mariupol could be compared to the catastrophe in Aleppo, Syria. ZN.UA compared these tragedies.
19:07 Evropeiska Pravda
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called for an Easter four-day “humanitarian pause” in Ukraine to ensure the safe evacuation of civilians and the delivery of humanitarian aid to the affected areas.
“Today I call for a 4-day humanitarian break of Holy Week, which begins on Holy Thursday and lasts until Easter, April 24, to allow the opening of a number of humanitarian corridors,” Guterres said.
18:53 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 18.00 on April 19, 2022.
The fifty-fifth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- The Russian occupiers continue to launch missile and bomb strikes on civilian and military infrastructure throughout Ukraine.
- In the Volyn, Polissya, and Siversky directions, the Russian enemy did not take active action. The movement of damaged equipment of the military units of the Eastern Military District continues by rail from the territory of the Republic of Belarus to the Russian federation. The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue to use the airfield network on the territory of the Republic of Belarus in order to launch airstrikes on civilian infrastructure in Ukraine.
- In the Slobozhansky direction the partial blockade by the Russian enemy of the city of Kharkiv proceeds. The Russian occupiers are trying to fire on the Ukrainian troops and critical infrastructure. The enemy from units from Russia attempted an offensive and stormed south of Izium. They were unsuccessful, suffered losses, and were forced to retreat to their former positions.
- In the Donetsk direction, near the town of Marinka, as a result of a counteroffensive by Ukrainian troops, the Russian enemy suffered losses and retreated. Units of the Defence Forces of Ukraine regained control of the settlement.
- Fighting continues in the area of Oleksandrivka in the South Buh area, where the Russian enemy is unsuccessful. The Russian enemy tries to reach the administrative border of the Kherson oblast and it does not stop shelling settlements.
- The Russian enemy continues to suffer significant personnel losses. In order to solve the problem of recruiting units under contract, the leadership of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation decided to sign short-term contracts for three months and simplify the form of a psychophysical selection of future candidates. These measures did not lead to the desired effect.
- According to available information, since the beginning of the 2022 year, only 130 contract servicemen have been selected to serve in 42 units of the Southern Military District. 22 of them have already refused to participate in the so-called “special operation” in Ukraine.
- Units of Russian armed forces directly involved in armed aggression on the territory of Ukraine have a special need for staffing.
- According to the available information, the personnel of two battalion tactical groups were destroyed in the 200th Separate Motorised Infantry Brigade of the 14th Army Corps of the Coastal Forces of the Northern Fleet.
- In addition, three companies of the 51st Parachute Regiment and the Company of the 137th Parachute Regiment, which are part of the 106th Parachute Division, were destroyed on the territory of Ukraine.
18:48 Radio Svoboda
Mariupol’s Azovstal plant was bombed and almost completely destroyed. This was stated by Deputy Commander of the Azov Regiment Sviatoslav Palamar.
According to him, Russians dropped bombs on the plant, and many people remain under the rubble. “We will fight. We will use every cartridge we have left, but we call on the homeland to save civilians, the wounded, and take away the bodies,” Palamar said.
18:39 Radio Svoboda
Canada has imposed sanctions on 14 close allies of the Russian regime, including Russian oligarchs and members of their families. In particular, sanctions are being applied to Putin’s two adult daughters, Katerina Tikhonova and Maria Vorontsova.
18:36 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The Russian military is preparing a series of pseudo-referendums to legalise the occupation administrations.
In the occupied territory of the Kherson region, ballots, forms, brochures, posters, and booklets are printed for voting in the “referendum” on the creation of another pseudo-entity “People’s Republic of Kherson” and the legitimation of the occupying power. For this purpose, in particular, the printing house in Nova Kakhovka was involved.
A “referendum” on the election of the mayor and administrative accession to the occupied Crimea is also being prepared in the city of Snihurivka in the Mykolaiv region.
17:38 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The occupiers mined roads, fields, forests, and cemeteries in all temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine.
In particular, on the night of April 18, along the Kherson-Snihurivka highway (the section between Naddniprianske-Oleksandrivka), the occupiers carried out heavy mining of fields, roads, and their verges.
In the Velykyi Burluk district of the Kharkiv region, the transition of residents is allowed only to the territory of the Russian Federation. All secondary roads are completely mined. According to the occupiers themselves, this is done to prevent the passage of volunteer vehicles and Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups.
17:00 Dzerkalo Tyzhnia
Russian occupiers stole John Deere agricultural machinery in the Zaporizhzhia region. Later, looted property “surfaced” at an agricultural firm linked to Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov.
One of the most high-profile looting crimes took place in Melitopol – from the exhibition site of Agrotek-Invest, the official dealer of agricultural machinery manufacturer John Deere (USA) in Ukraine, the kadyrovites stole three new combines, a tractor, three drills worth 1.5 million euros, as well as 20 tons of branded oils.
The company managed to find out where the Russians took the stolen equipment. Thanks to the systems installed on the equipment, the specialists established that the equipment is currently located in Chechnya, in the village of Zakan-Yurt near Grozny.
16:30 Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy submitted to the Verkhovna Rada a bill “On Extending the Martial Law in Ukraine.” It proposes to extend the martial law from 05:30 on April 25, 2022, for 30 days until May 25.
15:39 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
The intensity of shelling in Kharkiv has increased. At least three people were killed and 16 were injured in the April 19 Russian shelling of Kharkiv.
15:24 Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk
Ukrainian authorities held a fifth exchange of prisoners with the Russian occupiers, returning 76 Ukrainians home. Among them are 60 servicemen, including 10 officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The Ukrainian authorities also agreed to return 16 civilians taken hostage by the Russian occupiers.
The European Union must give Ukraine its full support to counter Russian aggression, including the launch of the Solidarity Fund with Ukraine. This was stated by the head of the Polish government Mateusz Morawiecki on Tuesday during a briefing for the media in Lviv. Together with representatives of local authorities, he attended the opening of a modular container town for internally displaced Ukrainians.
“The struggle in Ukraine is a struggle for freedom, for the security of the whole of Europe. Crimes in Bucha, Borodianka, Hostomel, and hundreds of other settlements show how barbaric the system and regime Europe faces… There is a front and barricades of freedom and sovereignty. We must realise this: these fires, burned houses, and cities that the Russian army leaves behind are evidence of barbarism. At the same time, it should be a great call to action, for Poland and the Poles it is already such a call,” stated Morawiecki.
14:05 Ukrinform citing the head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
In the cities of Rubizhne and Popasna in the Luhansk region, positional battles are currently taking place, but the Russian invaders cannot do anything.
“They (Russian invaders – ed.) are already advancing from all sides, more massive shelling has begun, many times more aircraft are working on our cities, along the entire line of defence. Indeed, it can be stated that the offensive we have been talking about and which we have been waiting for for a long time has begun. We are constantly fighting positional battles in the cities of Rubizhne and Popasna, the enemy can not do anything,” informed Haidai.
A Russian court in Rostov-on-Don on Tuesday sentenced a Crimean Tatar father of four to 17 years in prison. This was reported by “Crimean Solidarity”.
Emil Ziiadinov constantly attended trials and searches of Crimean Muslims, supported the families of political prisoners in every possible way, and directly through their transfers to the pre-trial detention centre.
13:28 Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Sienkevych
The shelling of Mykolayiv on the night of April 19 damaged an electric pole and wounded two people.
13:14 Ukrainian Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova
In the city of Izium, Kharkiv region, the occupiers began the forced mobilisation of men.
13:12 Kherson Regional State Administration
The Russian flag was removed from the village council building in the Velyki Kopani territorial community last night. After that, the occupiers announced that they plan to close the entrances to the village and markets. They announced yard patrols and searches and the punishment for the family in which the flag will be found.
13:09 Security Service of Ukraine
The Security Service has intercepted a telephone conversation between the occupiers, in which the Russians are discussing the dropping of “three-ton surprises from the sky” in Mariupol. Despite a significant advantage in the number of troops, the Russian occupiers cannot take the Ukrainian city. They want to drop aerial bombs on the Azovstal plant because Ukrainian fighters are located there. The occupiers are not deterred even by the fact that civilians also use the plant as the shelter.
12:33 Director-General of the World Health Organisation Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
The World Health Organisation unequivocally condemns the continued increase in attacks on health care in Ukraine. They must stop. To date, WHO has verified 147 attacks, including 73 people killed, and 53 injured.
12:32 Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine condemns Russia’s deliberate disregard for the International Court of Justice Order as well as its continued crackdown on the rights of ethnic Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars in the temporarily occupied Crimea.
“Repressive campaigns against the Crimean Tatars, their ousting, deprivation of the right to own land, forced change of the demographic composition of Crimea by the Russian occupation administration are aimed at destroying the identity of the Crimean Tatar people,” – said First Deputy Minister Emine Dzhaparova.
Russia’s impunity for its crimes has led to a deliberate increase in aggression, to a full-scale war against our state as well as to its atrocities in Ukraine with the aim to annihilate the Ukrainian people, eradicate culture, identity, and ultimately the Ukrainian state.
12:25 Ukrainska Pravda citing Reuters
French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said on Tuesday that an embargo on Russian oil at a European Union level was in the works, adding that France’s President Emmanuel Macron wants such a move.
“I hope that in the weeks to come we will convince our European partners to stop importing Russian oil,” Le Maire told Europe 1 radio.
12:16 Adviser to the Mayor of Mariupol Petro Andriushchenko
Just yesterday, the occupiers abducted 98 children from Mariupol. Authorities are working to verify the location of the deportees and return Ukrainians home.
12:15 Head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Military Administration Valentyn Reznichenko
As a result of shelling by Russian troops on the night of April 19, a high-rise building in Zelenodolsk, Dnipropetrovsk region, was damaged.
12:08 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
Documents obtained by the military intelligence of Ukraine testify to the preparation of the 1st Panzer Army of Russia for the invasion and occupation of the territory of Belarus.
- After the falsification of the presidential election in Belarus, the Russian Federation has developed a plan to invade and suppress protests.
- The occupation of Belarus was planned under the pretext of avoiding Russia’s involvement “in the European continental region in a regional or large-scale war with NATO member states in the West.”
11:03 Ukrinform citing the adviser to the mayor of Mariupol Petro Andriushchenko
A new wave of looting arose in Mariupol due to the rotation of Russian troops. They break into surviving apartments and take away property of residents.
10:29 National Police of Ukraine
Russian troops fired on 17 settlements in the Donetsk region during the day. 5 civilians were killed and 6 others were injured, including a child, as a result of 21 strikes.
10:24 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
The Russians damaged the high-voltage line. 215 settlements are without electricity.
Donetsk and Luhansk regions account for more than 60 percent of the total number of disconnected gas distribution stations across the country.
The main reason for their stoppage is damage to gas distribution networks due to shelling and difficulties in accessing facilities due to active hostilities.
10:09 Сhairman of the Mykolaiv Regional Council Hanna Zamazieieva
The occupiers fired again with BM-21 “Grad”, BM-27 “Smerch”, and BM-30 “Uragan” on the settlements of the Mykolaiv region.
Yesterday Russians struck on Ochakiv with the forbidden cluster munitions, and since last night and at night chaotically fired at the majority of neighbourhoods of Mykolaiv. There is the destruction of civilian buildings, residential buildings, and civilian infrastructure of the city.
As always, kindergartens and schools were damaged.
10:00 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
The main disinformation theses of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation on the situation in Ukraine over the past day:
- “With high-precision strikes, the Russian armed forces are destroying military facilities in Lviv, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, and Luhansk regions. Ammunition depots were liquidated.”
The enemy does not stop air and missile strikes on civilian targets throughout Ukraine.
- “Restoration of liberated areas has started in Mariupol.”
Mariupol is a Ukrainian city, but the occupiers are unsuccessfully trying to seize this territory and establish control over the settlement. In general, the main efforts of the enemy are focused on breaking through the defence of our troops in Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
- “Special operation is going according to plan”
During the past 24hrs, the Ukrainian military destroyed 10 tanks, 18 units of armoured and 8 units of motor vehicles, 1 artillery system, 1 aircraft, 4 UAVs, 2 cruise missiles, and an enemy mortar.
9:49 Operational Command “North”
On the morning of April 19, soldiers of the anti-aircraft missile unit of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the enemy UAV “Orlan-10”, which once again tried to carry out reconnaissance activities of critical infrastructure in Odesa.
9:35 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 19.04 were approximately:
personnel – about 20800 persons were liquidated,
tanks – 802,
APV – 2063,
artillery systems – 386,
MLRS – 132,
anti-aircraft warfare systems – 67,
aircraft – 169,
helicopters – 150,
vehicles – 1495,
boats / cutters – 8,
fuel tanks – 76,
UAV operational-tactical level – 158,
special equipment – 27,
mobile SRBM system – 4.
Data is being updated.
9:15 Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk
There will be no humanitarian corridors on April 19. Intense shelling continues in Donbas. The Russians refuse to provide a corridor for Mariupol to exit in the direction of Berdiansk. Negotiations on opening humanitarian corridors in Kherson and Kharkiv regions continue.
9:03 Adviser to the mayor of Mariupol Petro Andriushchenko
Russian occupiers in Mariupol are trying to “legalise” the burial of civilians. They collect data on dead and missing residents and monitor relatives’ search groups on social networks.
9:01 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
Residents will be evacuated on April 19, even though the occupiers have renounced the regime of silence on this day, do not stop blocking and shelling routes, violating international humanitarian law.
8:31 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on the morning of April 19, 2022:
- Manipulation: the enemy continues to implement a plan to carry out terrorist attacks to instigate anti-Ukrainian hysteria in Russia. Thus, the governor of the Belgorod region said that “the village of Golovchyne was shelled by Ukraine, there is destruction and casualties”;
- Fake: Russian propagandists said that “Azov Battalion fighters are holding hostages of civilians of all ages, including children.” According to the enemy, this is done to further “ensure the exit of the military under the guise of hostages through the humanitarian corridor”;
- Manipulation: propaganda media reported that “the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has opened a criminal case on the fact of genocide by Ukraine” against residents of the temporarily occupied city of Shchastia in the Luhansk region.
8:09 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of April 19, more than 572 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation. The death toll remained unchanged – 205 children were killed. The number of injured increased to 367.
Children suffered the most in regions such as Donetsk – 118, Kyiv – 108, Kharkiv – 91, Chernihiv – 54, Kherson – 43, Mykolaiv – 40, Luhansk – 36, Zaporizhzhia – 25, the capital – 16, Sumy – 16, Zhytomyr – 15.
These data are not conclusive, as inspection of sites of active hostilities and liberated settlements and receiving information on the temporarily occupied territories are underway.
7:38 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 06.00 on April 19, 2022.
The fifty-fifth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- A Russian enemy is trying to continue offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone to establish full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, as well as to maintain a land corridor with the temporarily occupied Crimea.
- Missile and bomb strikes on civilian targets throughout Ukraine do not stop. There was the intensification of the Russian missile strikes on civilian objects in the western regions on the 18th of April.
- In the Slobozhansky and Donetsk operational districts, the Russian aggressor is conducting offensive and assault operations in certain areas.
- The Russian enemy continues to transfer weapons and military equipment to Ukraine from the central and eastern regions of the Russian federation. Along with combat units, it transfers support units.
- In addition, to improve the logistics system, the Russian occupiers are deploying logistics centres and creating field bases for repairing and renewing damaged equipment.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy continues to partially block the city of Kharkiv. According to available information, to organise the air defence system of the offensive group, the Russian enemy is transferring additional anti-aircraft missile divisions of the short-range surface-to-air missile system “Tor” (SA-15 Gauntlet) to the Kharkiv region. At the same time, mobile long-range surface-to-air missile divisions of S-400 (SA-21 Growler) and S-300 (SA-10 Grumble) were deployed in the areas of the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine to cover the main command and control points, as well as the rear areas.
- In the Izyum direction, the Russian enemy is conducting offensive operations on the left bank of the Siversky Donets River. To support the offensive actions of the group in this direction, the enemy created a system of main and reserve firing positions for rocket and barrel artillery.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the Russian occupiers intensified offensive operations along the entire line of contact.
- The main efforts of the enemy are focused on breaking through the defence of Ukrainian troops in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts, as well as establishing full control over the city of Mariupol. In the Zaporizhzhia oblast, the concentration of units of the Russian occupying forces continues in certain areas.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian enemy focuses on reaching the administrative border of the Kherson region. To improve the tactical situation, the Russian occupiers are trying to conduct offensive operations in the area of the village of Oleksandrivka. The Russian enemy does not stop the shelling of civilian objects in the city of Mykolaiv.
- No significant changes have been recorded in the Volyn, Polissya, and Siversky directions.
- The republic of Belarus continues to use and provide its territory for airstrikes on the territory of Ukraine and reconnaissance of objects on Ukrainian territory.
- According to the available updated information, the losses of the 126th Coast Guard Brigade of the Black Sea Fleet are up to 75%. The 810th Independent Brigade of the Black Sea Fleet lost 158 servicemen killed, about 500 wounded, and 70 people are missing.
- A significant number of servicemen of these brigades wrote reports refusing to participate in the so-called “special operation”.
- In the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, Ukraine’s defenders repulsed seven enemy attacks and destroyed ten tanks, eighteen armoured units, eight vehicles, one artillery system, and an enemy mortar.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has hit seven air targets the day before: one plane, four UAVs, and two cruise missiles.
5:55 Suspilne citing Minister of Infrastructure Oleksandr Kubrakov
As a result of the Russian attack, up to 30% of Ukraine’s infrastructure worth $ 100 billion was damaged or destroyed.
“Virtually all components of our transport infrastructure have been affected in one form or another,” the Minister of Infrastructure said.
According to him, as a result of hostilities from 20% to 30% of the country’s infrastructure was damaged or destroyed, namely more than 300 bridges on national roads, more than 8 thousand kilometres of roads, and dozens of railway bridges.
Kubrakov believes that the infrastructure can be reconstructed in two years using frozen Russian assets.
5:20 Ukrinform citing the Deputy Secretary of the Treasury of the U.S. Wally Adeyemo
The United States will apply economic and financial pressure primarily against the Russian military-industrial complex to destroy any opportunity for Russia to regain its potential during the war in Ukraine.“As long as Russia’s invasion continues, our sanctions will continue. Even as we continue to pursue rigorous financial sanctions against Russia and its key financial institutions, the next phase of our work will be to take apart Russia’s war machine, piece by piece, by disrupting their military-industrial complex and its supply chains,” Adeyemo stated.