22:14 Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Experts of the Center for Counteracting Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine collected a selection of fakes, manipulations and misinformation throws that the enemy produced on April 7, 2022.
❌Despite the decision to suspend Russia’s participation in the UN Human Rights Council, Russia has announced its own decision to terminate its powers in this body.
🔻 Warning: this is a manipulation!
❌ The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation made a cynical statement that “in the Kharkiv region, Ukrainian militants fired at the cars of civilians who were trying to leave for Russia on their own.”
🔻 Warning: this is a fake!
❌ Russia is trying to shift the blame for the slowdown in negotiations to Ukraine. Thus, a member of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation Andrei Klimov said that “Kyiv’s withdrawal from its own proposals in the (Istanbul) talks, which were positively received by Moscow, actually block the negotiation process. At the same time, the requirements of the Russian Federation remain unchanged. “
🔻 Warning: this is a manipulation!
21:10 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Latvia Edgars Rinkevics
The team of the Latvian Embassy in Ukraine has returned to Kyiv, the ambassador will join them later
20:28 Dmitry Peskov, Russian president’s press secretary in an interview with Sky News
Dmitry Peskov, a spokesman for the Russian president, said Russia had suffered significant losses in the war with Ukraine, but did not give an exact figure.
He named a new reason for Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine – the prevention of World War III.
Peskov also expressed hope that the war in Ukraine will end in the coming days or in the near future because Russia will achieve its goals, or through negotiations.
20:16 Ivan Fedorov, mayor of Melitopol
More than 100 people have already been abducted by Russian occupiers and collaborators in Melitopol.
They are also trying to resume education in kindergartens without achieving the same from schools.
“I am sure that this will not work, kindergarten principals and teachers will not want to be collaborators,” Fedorov said.
19:01 Ukrzaliznytsia (Ukrainian Railway)
The enemy struck an air strike on the only controlled overpass of the Donetsk railway.
The overpass near Barvinkove station is the only Ukrainian-controlled railway exit from cities of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Lyman. Road of life for tens of thousands of our citizens now.
Three evacuation trains were temporarily blocked in Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.
Addition 20:08 the chairman of the Luhansk OVA Sergey Gaidai
Evacuation from the East is blocked. We hope that the railway workers will cope with the damage.
18:52 Dmytro Kuleba, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
The UN General Assembly has suspended Russia’s membership in the Human Rights Council. The resolution was supported by 93 countries, 24 opposed and 58 abstained.
“Russia’s rights of membership in the UN Human Rights Council has just been suspended. War criminals have no place in UN bodies aimed at protecting human rights. Grateful to all member states which supported the relevant UNGA resolution and chose the right side of history,” Kuleba stated.
18:35 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The forty-third day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues.
- A Russian enemy continues to prepare for the offensive in eastern Ukraine. The Russian occupiers are regrouping troops to complete the formation of the offensive group. A Russian enemy takes measures to increase the aviation component and C2 system and continues to conduct reconnaissance.
- A Russian enemy’s main efforts are focused on capturing the city of Mariupol, conducting an offensive near the city of Izium, and trying to break through the defenses in the Donetsk direction.
- In the South Buh area, the Russian enemy is trying to prevent the further advance of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and to improve the tactical position of Russian units in some areas.
- In the Volyn direction, there is a possibility of Russian enemy missile strikes on military and civilian infrastructure from the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
- In the Polissia direction, the enemy did not take active action, and the Russian occupying forces deployed to the territory of the Republic of Belarus are carrying out demonstration actions to prevent the transfer of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from this area to others.
- Separate units of the Russian occupiers from the Eastern Military District and the airborne troops of the Russian Armed Forces, which are recovering and regrouping on the territory of Belarus after leaving Ukraine, are likely to be sent to strengthen enemy troops in Slobozhansky direction.
- In the Siverskyi direction, the Russian enemy completes the regrouping and restoration of combat capability of units of the Central Military District in certain areas of the Bryansk and Kursk regions. The possibility of further sending these units to other operational areas, including for combat operations in the Donetsk and Luhansk areas, is not ruled out.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy is taking active steps to increase control and communication in the interests of the offensive group.
- In the Kharkiv oblast, up to five battalion tactical groups of the Russian enemy continue to blockade the city and fire at it from multiple rocket launchers, artillery, and mortars.
- The Russian occupiers held the city of Izyum, trying to continue the offensive in the direction of Slоvyansk and Barvinkove.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the enemy continues to carry out fire and assault operations, inflicts rocket and bomb strikes, and conducts artillery fire on the civilian infrastructure of settlements. The port of Berdyansk is used by the Russian occupiers to transfer weapons, military equipment, and personnel.
- The Russian enemy also intensified efforts in the Severodonetsk direction. A Russian enemy is trying to continue the offensive in the areas of Donetsk, Novotoshkivske, and Popasna.
- The Russian enemy also tried to launch an offensive in the areas of Marinka, Borivske, and Solodke, where attempts to attack were unsuccessful.
- Likely, the Russian occupiers will soon try to break through the defence of our troops in the Sievierodonetsk, Avdiivka, and Kurakhove districts.
- The Russian enemy fired artillery in the South Buh direction and used army aircraft in some areas. A Russian enemy is trying to continue the offensive in the direction of the settlement of Oleksandrivka.
- Russian naval groups in the Black and Azov Seas continue to carry out missile strikes on the territory of Ukraine, isolate the area of hostilities, and conduct reconnaissance.
- The Russian occupying power continues to restrict the rights of Ukrainian citizens in the temporarily occupied territories. Thus, in the Zaporizhzhia region, the Russian occupiers banned men from leaving for the territory controlled by the Ukrainian authorities. There is also a growing shortage of necessities, especially food, which could further complicate the humanitarian situation in the region occupied by the Russian occupiers.
- Ukraine’s Defence Forces, inflicting losses, continue to push back the enemy and liberate the territories temporarily occupied by the Russian occupiers in some areas.
18:15 European Pravda
Lithuanian Ambassador Valdemaras Sarapinas returned to Kyiv on April 7 after working in Lviv for more than a month and briefly on the Ukrainian-Polish border.
17:38 European Pravda
The Estonian government has agreed to stop importing Russian gas into the country by the end of 2022 and to compensate for these supplies through a leased LNG terminal.
Earlier, Estonia and Finland agreed to jointly lease a floating LNG terminal, which can be moored in both countries. It is to be delivered to the Gulf of Finland in the autumn.
17:15 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba
The battle between Ukraine and Russia over Donbas will resemble World War II. It is all-important now that the allies do not tell Ukraine that they are still considering and that they need to follow all the procedures, and that multiple problems have to be solved before they can make a decision.
16:36 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba
NATO will not send weapons to Ukraine, but there will be supplies from individual allies.
“I am cautiously optimistic about supplies from some allies, but I am not optimistic that NATO will supply Ukraine with the weapons it needs in the foreseeable future. That may change, but I do not see it yet,” Kuleba said.
15:52 Radio Svoboda
The G7 condemns Russia’s atrocities in Bucha near Kyiv and other parts of Ukraine.
“Haunting images of civilian deaths, victims of torture, and apparent executions, as well as reports of sexual violence and destruction of civilian infrastructure show the true face of Russia’s brutal war of aggression against Ukraine and its people. The massacres in the town of Bucha and other Ukrainian towns will be inscribed in the list of atrocities and severe violations of international law, including international humanitarian law and human rights, committed by the aggressor on Ukrainian soil,” said in a joint statement following a meeting at NATO.
14:26 Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
Main theses of the press conference of the Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Hanna Maliar took place:
- There can be no compromise with evil. Do not bury your head in the sand. Today, Russia’s third president, Medvedev, says their plans are Eurasia, from Vladivostok to Lisbon. So I want to tell you, what this means – there will be Bucha from Vladivostok to Lisbon.
- Hitler had SS troops to destroy civilians and genocide. The entire Putin army today is the Waffen-SS.
- I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the official information resources of the Russian Federation today are already talking not just about the “denazification” of Ukrainians. They directly speak about the need to destroy all those who identify themselves as Ukrainians.
- We are liberating our territories and this is good news. But they end: when we go to where the occupiers were, we understand the apocalyptic scale of the civilian casualties. Tortured peaceful people. Mass graves. Packages for corpses. They planned it from the beginning.
- Today’s Russia is a catastrophe of civilization. If the world does not fix this, you will have your “February 24, 2022”.
- The rating of support for Putin among Russians is growing. Russian society is infected with Nazism and is fully responsible for these crimes.
- We withstood the first phase of the war. Ahead, perhaps, is an even more difficult stage of our struggle. Putin can only be stopped by Russia’s military defeat.
- Ukrainians are ready to die for their land. We ask the world: give us weapons to live for our land.
- The adage “If you don’t want to feed your army, you will feed someone else’s” reads today: “If you do not help Ukraine fight against Russia today, you will fight against Russia tomorrow!”
- Ukraine will survive, and Europe and the World will survive. The recipe for common survival is weapons and military assistance.
14:13 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
There are no undamaged hospitals left in the Luhansk region.
14:00 Commissioner for Human Rights of Ukraine Liudmyla Denisova
The new day brings more reports from the liberated territories about the atrocities of Russian militants during the occupation. In Hostomel, police found 11 civilians killed in a graveyard on Sviatopokrovska Street. Russian snipers “trained” on them, shooting people, after which the dead were put in the garage. In the Chernihiv region, in the villages of Holinka, Haivoron, Tereshykha, and Rubanka, facts were revealed that Russians had shot people and compelled children to dig trenches. Locals in the Chernihiv region under occupation were forced to drink technical water and bake cakes from animal feed.
On the outskirts of Mariupol, which is temporarily controlled by Russian militants, the occupiers began forced mobilisation of men.
Russian aggressors seized medicines that volunteers tried to bring to the temporarily occupied Kherson.
13:39 Ukrinform citing The Guardian
Greece will request the investigation of war crimes in Mariupol from the International Court of Justice in The Hague, Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias said on Thursday upon his arrival at the Summit of NATO Foreign Ministers.
13:36 Office of the Presinet of Ukraine
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the people and politicians of Greece. “I urge you to use the influence of Greece and opportunities as a member of the European Union to organize the rescue of Mariupol. I call for more to be done so that Russia can begin to seek peace and even give up its dreams of conquering Ukraine.”
13:23 Deputy Minister of Infrastructure Mustafa Nayyem
The Ministry of Infrastructure has received confirmation that Slovakia has revoked all types of international transport permits for Ukrainian carriers.
13:04 Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine together with Google experts launched a project to digitize the consequences of the Russian invasion of the destroyed cities of Ukraine.
The purpose of the project is to record the destruction caused by the Russian occupiers in Ukrainian cities and villages. The liberated city of Irpin is a start point for the project. The information will be posted on Google Maps and will be available to the general public. The whole world must see what our cities looked like before and what the aggressor did to them.
Germany’s Federal Intelligence Service (BND) has intercepted talks on radio communications between the Russian military, in which the occupiers are discussing the massacre of civilians in Bucha.
11:48 Ukrainska Pravda citing BBC
Following the announcement that the occupiers had sent goods looted in Ukraine, the Russian delivery operator turned off the video broadcast from its offices on the border with Ukraine.
11:45 Ukrainska Pravda
During an online conference, the mayor of Irpin, Oleksandr Markushyn, said that the Russian occupiers staged real atrocities in the city – they shot people and then run over the bodies with tanks. After the liberation of Irpen, the remains had to be collected with shovels.
The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy will meet with the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen on April 8, said the press secretary of President Serhii Nykyforov.
11:04 Security Service of Ukraine
In one of the telephone conversations intercepted by the Security Service of Ukraine, a woman living in the occupied territory of the Zaporizhzhia region communicates with her relative – a fighter of the so-called “DNR”, whose unit is now stationed in the Kherson region. She explains to him that she used to have a better idea of the “liberators” and believed in the “Banderovites”. However, now the woman sees what Russian soldiers are doing in the occupied territories. “We give them sausages, and they go into the house, rape children, and shoot in the legs… What should I do? They walk around the village, ask where the young girls live, and offer diesel fuel for them,” the woman cries. The woman is afraid for her 14- and 10-year-old granddaughters.
11:01 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
The Prosecutor General’s Office seized 17,800 railway cars belonging to enterprises of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus.
10:08 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 07.04 were approximately:
- personnel ‒ about 18900,
- tanks ‒ 698,
- APV ‒ 1891,
- artillery systems – 332,
- MLRS ‒ 108,
- anti-aircraft warfare systems ‒ 55,
- aircraft – 150,
- helicopters – 135,
- vehicles ‒ 1358,
- boats / cutters ‒ 7,
- fuel tanks ‒ 76,
- UAV operational-tactical level ‒ 111,
- special equipment ‒ 25,
- mobile SRBM system ‒ 4.
Data are being updated. The calculation is complicated by the high intensity of hostilities.
10:03 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Russia is spreading fakes through experts with a “neutral position.” To do so, the Kremlin uses the American scientist Gordon M. Hahn. The danger is that most readers see the scholar as an expert who provides unbiased information because he does not openly support either Western countries or Russia.
Pretending a position “against all,” Hahn resorted to manipulation and briefly said that “the world must make concessions to Putin,” and “Ukrainian Nazis began to drop their masks under the pressure of war.”
9:48 Mariupol City Council
The occupiers forcibly deported Mariupol residents to the territory of the Russian Federation and the so-called “DNR”. The staff and patients of the Matsuk City Hospital №4 were forcibly taken out from Mariupol to the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine. It is known that armed people came to the medical facility and ultimately announced that doctors and patients should get out and get on the occupiers’ vehicles. Exhausted and frightened people were forced to carry out the orders of Russian terrorists. What will happen to them is unknown. Earlier, there were confirmed cases when people from Mariupol were sent to depressed regions of Russia.
8:56 Ukrainska Pravda
There have been many explosions in the last 24 hours, including from BM-21 “Gead”, in the Kherson region. There are reports of injuried and dead, as well as destroyed homes and schools. People are trying to leave the occupied villages on their own. The region needs humanitarian aid and evacuation of people, in particular, Beryslav district and villages on the border with the Mykolaiv region.
8:36 Kakhovka city territorial community
The mayor of Kakhovka, Vitalii Nemerets, has left the temporarily occupied part of the Kherson region for controlled Ukraine.
“My family members’ lives and my life were in real danger because I did not want to collaborate with the Russian occupiers. I believe that the dead mayor or mayor somewhere in the basement does not benefit the community,” Nemerets wrote.
8:29 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 7, 2022, more than 464 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation.
167 children were killed and 297 received injuries of varying severity during the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Children suffered the most in Kyiv – 86, Donetsk – 81, Kharkiv – 73, Chernihiv – 50, Mykolaiv – 39, Luhansk – 32, Zaporizhzhia – 22, Kherson – 29, the capital – 16, Sumy – 16, Zhytomyr – 15 regions.
These data are not conclusive, as it is not possible to inspect the sites of shelling in areas of active hostilities and the temporarily occupied territories.
7:41 European Pravda citing Politico
The US Senate unanimously passed major legislation to revive a World War II-era Lend-Lease program allowing President Joe Biden to more efficiently send weapons and other supplies to Ukraine amid Russia’s invasion.
7:19 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
The Russians could not enter Novotoshkivske, but fired on a hospital in Sievierodonetsk and houses in Lysychansk.
7:15 Suspilne citing CNN
“The age of engagement with Russia is over,” UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said at a dinner with NATO foreign ministers in Brussels on Wednesday, according to a statement from UK Foreign Office released ahead of the dinner.
The Act, signed in 1997, rules that “NATO and Russia do not consider one another adversaries”, according to the original document.
“The age of engagement with Russia is over. We need a new approach to security in Europe based on resilience, defense, and deterrence”, Truss said.
According to the statement sent to CNN, Truss underlined that NATO cannot allow “security vacuums” at the alliance’s Eastern borders and should “rethink” support for countries “caught in the web of Russian influence” such as Georgia, Moldova, Sweden, and Finland.
The foreign secretary also urged her partners to toughen sanctions and arm Ukraine “quickly and decisively … to ensure Putin fails.”
6:40 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The forty-third day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion began.
- The Russian Federation continues to conduct full-scale armed aggression against our state. The main efforts of the occupiers are focused on preparations for the offensive operation in eastern Ukraine, which aims to establish control over the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- The enemy continues active operations in Slobozhanskyi, Donetsk, Pivdennobuzkyi, and Tavriia directions.
- In the Slobozhanskyi direction, the enemy continues to blockade the city of Kharkiv and carry out artillery shelling.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriia directions, the enemy continues artillery shelling of Popasna. The goal is to set fire to units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and resume the offensive on Rubizhne, Nyzhnie, and Novobakhmutivka. The occupiers also tried unsuccessfully to break through the defenses of our troops in the area of the settlement of Novotoshkivske.
- In the South Buh direction, the enemy is defending previously occupied borders, taking measures to restore the combat capability of its units. Continues to carry out strict filtration measures in the temporarily occupied territories of the Kherson region.
- Some of the withdrawn Russian units are located in tent camps in several regions of the Russian Federation bordering Ukraine. The servicemen refuse to take part in further hostilities on the territory of Ukraine. The moral and psychological condition of this personnel is low and tends to deteriorate.
- The Command of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continues to look for ways to solve the problem of replenishing its units with human resources. Russia’s military commissariats have stepped up work with conscripts who have been discharged from military service since 2012 and have military accounting specialties of a driver, mechanic-driver, scout, and junior commanders. The official reason for the call to the military registration and enlistment offices is to hold a training meeting on the specified military specialties for 3 months. Also, on the territory of the so-called Transnistrian-Moldavian Republic, appropriate propaganda work is being carried out with the population who has Russian citizenship.
- The occupiers continue to use violence against civilians in the temporarily occupied territories. The population of Mariupol is being forcibly deported to the temporarily occupied districts of the Donetsk region.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has hit three air targets the previous day: a cruise missile, an UAV, and a fighter jet. The Air Force continued to launch missile and bomb strikes on the occupying forces.
1:04 Command of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine On April 6, anti-aircraft missile forces destroyed three air targets: a cruise missile, an UAV, and one aircraft. According to preliminary information, it was a Su-34 fighter-bomber. He was shot down during an enemy airstrike in the eastern direction.