23:51 Operational Command “South”
In the Mykolaiv region, looking for desperate ways of sabotage, disguised Russians in 3 civilian cars pretended to be a group of evacuated locals. Approaching our positions undercover, the occupiers tried to attack but received a decent rebuff. Having lost five soldiers, the Russians fled.
22:46 Office of the President of Ukraine
Convoys of buses leaving Zaporizhzhia to evacuate people from Berdiansk, Tokmak, and Enerhodar are being blocked by occupation forces at a checkpoint in Vasylivka. For the third day in a row, the Russian Federation violates agreements to ensure the passage of buses to evacuate people from these cities.
22:31 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, disinformation, and manipulations that the enemy spread on April 11, 2022:
- Manipulation: according to one of Russia’s representatives at the UN, Dmitriy Polianskiy, Russia provided the UN with information “about the staged discovery of mass graves in the village of Rakivka near Kyiv to further discredit the Russian army”;
- Fake: despite an official statement by the Prime Minister of Slovakia, Eduard Heger, Russian propaganda continues to spread information about the destruction of Slovak S-300 SAMs. At the same time, the enemy plans to launch a campaign to capture Ukrainian soldiers with weapons from the Allies;
- Fake: Russia’s Defense Ministry claims that “Ukrainian militants torture civilians in Sloviansk, the reason for which is the pro-Russian views of the people.” The enemy also notes that “the inhabitants of the city are considered unreliable politically.”
22:24 Mariupol City Council
About an hour ago, Russian occupation forces used a poisonous substance of unknown origin against the Ukrainian military and civilians in Mariupol, which was dropped from an enemy UAV.
The victims have respiratory failure and vestibulo-atactic syndrome.
The consequences of using an unknown substance are being clarified.
21:41 Radio Svoboda citing Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova
The facts of the rape of children and adults by the Russian military are recorded in the Kyiv region. It is currently impossible to count how many Ukrainians have been raped, but these cases were en masse. Many cases of women becoming pregnant after the rape have already been reported.
“It is impossible to count how many victims there are now because there are people who were brutally killed and could also be victims of violence. Another situation when our women, girls, boys, and their parents are now telling us about the violence that has taken place. But this is only a small part of people who wanted to reveal it to receive psychological support,” Denisova said.
19:23 NV citing EU Foreign Policy Chief Josep Borrell
EU foreign ministers have agreed to send a special mission to Ukraine to gather evidence of Russia’s war crimes.
According to preliminary estimates, the material damage caused to Energoatom exceeds UAH 18.3 billion as a result of the Russian shelling of the Zaporizhzhia NPP.
18:52 European Pravda
The EU Delegation to Ukraine has resumed its work in Kyiv.
18:38 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The forty-seventh day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- A Russian enemy does not abandon plans to fully capture the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblast.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy continues to partially block the city of Kharkiv, firing from multiple rocket launchers, artillery, and mortars.
- In the area of the city of Izium, the Russian occupiers are trying to keep the borders that were captured earlier.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriia directions, the Russian enemy tried to storm the city of Sievierodonetsk, but was unsuccessful. During the Popasna attack, it used the Tochka-U tactical missile system. Attempts to advance deep into Ukraine’s defences to improve the tactical situation were unsuccessful.
- In the city of Mariupol, the enemy is carrying out assault operations in some areas of the city.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian occupiers are trying to improve the tactical situation and gain a foothold on the administrative borders of the Kherson region. There are many cases of desertion in enemy units.
- Russian occupying troops are trying to carry out measures of information and psychological influence on the people of Kherson city and the oblast. To do this, they distribute information bulletins containing distorted information about the course of hostilities, substantiate the so-called “special military operation” of the Russian occupiers, and impose on citizens of Ukraine registration of social benefits, including pensions following norms and rules established in the Russian federation. dissemination of information about Russian telegram channels in which allegedly “reliable” information is disseminated.
- Mobile patrols and posts from among the mobilised residents of the temporarily occupied territories of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts operate in the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhia oblast.
- To quickly replenish the losses of its troops, the occupation authorities announced another wave of mobilisation of men under 65 in Luhansk. Soldiers of the Armed Forces of the Russian federation conduct raids on utilities and factories to identify conscripts and forcibly send them to military registration and enlistment offices.
- At the same time, in Alchevsk, with the beginning of hostilities, more than 300 people among the mobilised locals lost their lives. More than 1,200 people have been brought to a hospital in Donetsk since the beginning of the large-scale war.
- Among the personnel of the occupation units in the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, there is information that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are planning a counteroffensive in the Kherson region with the possibility of success and entry into the Crimean peninsula.
16:16 Ukrainska Pravda citing RIA Novosti
Eduard Basurin, a Russian militant from occupied Donetsk, said that Ukrainian defenders of Mariupol should be blocked at the Azovstal plant and then use chemical weapons against them.
16:11 Spokesman for the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine Oleksandr Motuzianyk
Russia has almost completed preparations for the offensive in the Donbas. The main efforts of the enemy are aimed at preparing for the defeat of the Joined Forces, establishing full control over the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, and ensuring a stable land corridor with the temporarily occupied Crimea.
15:21 Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova
The military of the Russian Federation captured and took away in an unknown direction the crew of the ship SMARTA under the flag of Liberia and the captain’s wife, who was on the board. The ship was on the territory of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port. According to preliminary data, they were taken in the direction of the temporarily occupied Donetsk.
18 people are citizens of Ukraine, one – a citizen of Egypt. There is no connection with the crew and the captain’s wife. Before capturing the sailors, Russian troops fired on the ship.
15:05 European Pravda
The European Commission has added 21 Russian airlines to a list of carriers banned from operating in the 27-nation bloc because they do not meet international safety standards.
“We are living in the context of Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified military aggression against Ukraine. However, I want to make it crystal-clear that this decision is not another sanction against Russia; it has been taken solely on the basis of technical and safety grounds. We do not mix safety with politics,” the Commissioner for Transport Adina Vălean said.
The armed forces of the Russian Federation took control of the Kherson plant of the Tavriya Construction Company, which is located on the banks of the Koshova River. The Russian military has also guarded a railway bridge across the Koshova River near the plant.
Representatives of Ukrainian tobogganing called on other countries to boycott competitions under the auspices of the International Luge Federation (FIL) due to the participation of Russians.
“Tell your national federations that you will not take part in any of the FIL competitions until the organisation decides to exclude Russia from our sport. Make a loud, clear, and joint appeal,” stated in the letter.
14:07 Ukrainska Pravda
Russian military equipment remains in some proximity to the Ukrainian border, particularly in the Sumy region. This was announced by the spokesman of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Andrii Demchenko.
According to SES estimates, demining requires about 300,000 square kilometres of Ukraine. That is almost half of the country’s territory. This was stated at a briefing by the head of the Department of Pyrotechnic Works and Humanitarian Demining of the SES Oleh Bondar.
Russia is involved in the plane crash of former President Lech Kaczynski on April 10, 2010. The main cause of the tragedy was an explosion in the left wing of the aircraft caused by external intervention.
This was stated at a press conference on Monday by the head of the subcommittee of the Smolensk disaster investigation, former Minister of National Defence of Poland Antoni Macierewicz, Ukrinform correspondent reports.
“The cause of the crash on April 10, 2010, over Smolensk was an act of illegal influence of the Russian side on the Tu-154M aircraft of the Polish presidential delegation,” said Macierewicz.
13:43 Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
During the 45 days of the war in Ukraine, the Russins lost 137 helicopters.
For comparison: during the 1st Chechen war, Russia lost 21 helicopters, during the 2nd Chechen war – 36 helicopters, during the war in Georgia – 3 helicopters, in Syria – 23 helicopters. A total of 83 helicopters in 4 wars.
13:39 Economichna Pravda citing the businessman and ex-minister of the Cabinet of Ministers Dmytro Dubilet
Ukraine calls on partner countries, together with Ukraine, to increase the tax burden on businesses that continue to operate in Russia. According to Yaroslav Zhelezniak, First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada’s Tax Committee, work is underway with the PACE, EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States, and South Korea.
“The adoption of this legislative initiative should increase financial and reputational pressure on the headquarters of international groups of companies and create an additional incentive to cease operations in Russia and finance the state’s military aggression against Ukraine,” the letter to governments and parliaments said.
13:10 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Operational Command “North” published a video of the shelled outskirts of Chernihiv.
“According to the Russian occupiers, all this is “military bases” and “training camps of foreign legions.” But they aimed at the homes of ordinary people. Deliberately destroying their property and, most importantly, taking their lives. This is a crime. Military and moral. Genocide of Ukrainians.”
13:09 Nyzhni Sirohozy town council
Today the military of the Russian Federation came to the municipal institution in which council employees are temporarily located as Russians have been occupying the building of the Ukrainian authorities for the third week. The invaders persistently offered cooperation, which all officials of the Nyzhni Sirohozy town council refused.
“We are not sure that in the future we will be able to work within the powers provided by Ukrainian legislation to ensure the livelihood of the community and the proper functioning of critical infrastructure,” stated the town council.
13:01 Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
5889 crimes of aggression and war crimes by Russia have been already registered by the Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
In Poland, the Ukrainian community held a communal work (Ukr. – toloka) in gratitude. The Ukrainian community of Koszalin, in the north-western part of Poland, gathered in the center near the town hall, after which went under Ukrainian flags to clean the surrounding parks.
12:59 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
The Centre for Countering Disinformation warns of possible provocations by Russia:
- To discredit Ukraine in the international arena, the Russian media report on provocations allegedly prepared by the “Ukrainian government with the support of Western countries”;
- Kremlin media say that Ukraine “will organize an action with the mass extermination of civilians in Separate districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.”
11:57 Deputy of the Kherson regional council Serhii Khlan
Yesterday in Kherson the occupiers damaged the Glory to Ukraine memorial on Perekopska Street. The Russians tore down portraits of the heroes of the Heavenly Hundred and the fallen participants of the Russian-Ukrainian war and took down the flag. Boards “Kherson is Ukraine” were removed from the city. “Russians have neither respect for the dead nor any human values,” stated Khlan.
11:54 Office of the President of Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the people and politicians of the Republic of Korea: “There is no hope that Russia will simply stop by itself. There is no hope that reason will prevail and the Russian leadership will simply refuse to continue this war. Russia can only be forced to do so. One can only force it to seek peace.”
Israeli Ambassador to Ukraine Mykhailo Brodskyi stated that Israel is unequivocally on Ukraine’s side in the war with Russia, and there should be no differences of opinion on this position. The ambassador said this in an interview with Radio NV.
11:45 Ukrainska Pravda citing the French Ambassador to Ukraine Etienne de Poncins
A detachment of technical and scientific gendarmes from France has arrived in Ukraine to investigate the war crimes of the Russian occupiers in the Kyiv region.
11:33 Ukrinform citing Ericsson
11:31 European Pravda citing Bild
German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock said Ukraine urgently needed military support to defend itself against Russian attacks.
“One thing is clear: Ukraine needs more military weapons, especially heavy weapons. Now is not the time for excuses,” said Baerbock before the meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg.
700 civilians were injured as a result of shelling by the Russian army in the Kharkiv region.
This was announced to Suspilne on April 11 by the director of the Regional Department of Health Maksym Khaustov. According to him, all patients are provided with medical care. The most common are mine-explosive injuries due to shelling.
“We have cases when a mine has landed on a spot of humanitarian aid distribution… Unfortunately, kindergartens, schools, and hospitals have been damaged. Actually, every hospital has suffered some damage,” said Khaustov.
11:22 The Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic Eduard Heger
“Slovakia categorically denies Russian propaganda, that the S-300 defence system in Ukraine was destroyed. It’s a hoax. Officially confirmed by Ukraine,” stated Heger on Twitter.
10:21 State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine
Russian propaganda spreads fake pro-Russian rallies in temporarily occupied Nova Kakhovka. The State Service of Special Communication refuted this lie.
Russia’s propaganda is trying to create the illusion of support for the occupiers of the population of Ukraine. The Russians have expanded their repertoire from a demonstration of humanitarian aid and interviews with paid actors about the horrors of the Ukrainian government to paid rallies. Unlike the rallies of real residents of the Kherson region, the participants of the so-called pro-Russian rally are few, look confused, and do not show enthusiasm.
11:20 Charitable organisation Caritas Mariupol
According to the latest information, on March 15, there was a direct tank strike on the Caritas office in Mariupol. At that time, people were hiding in the building from the shelling. Seven people died, including two of Caritas’ accounting staff.
10:13 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
On April 10, 2022, at about 1:00 p.m., Russians fired artillery on the town of Zolochiv, Bohodukhiv district, Kharkiv region. As a result, several buildings, houses, and cars were damaged. The enterprise, the farm, and the gas station were destroyed. Four people were injured.
10:10 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
During the day, Russian troops inflicted about 66 strikes from artillery, mortars, and MLRS. Saltivka, Piatyhatky, Kholodna Hora, Pisochyn, Zolochiv, Balakliia, and Derhachi were affected. Rescuers extinguished fires in houses, warehouses, and other civilian infrastructure.
As a result of the Russian shelling, 11 civilians were killed, including a 7-year-old child, and 14 wounded. Physicians of the Kharkiv region provide the necessary medical care and fight for the lives of the wounded.
In the region, the activity of enemy reconnaissance aircraft is observed. During the day, the Armed Forces destroyed the enemy unmanned aerial vehicle Orlan.
The active use of delayed mines by the occupiers is recorded. They do not detonate immediately, only when they are triggered by a person’s movement or another activity.
9:59 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba
“Russia knows arms supplies are essential for Ukraine and mobilizes all efforts to undermine them. Moscow prepared a massive info campaign targeting foreign media and politicians. Their troll factory may spam emails and flood comments with disinformation on Ukraine. Don’t fall for it,” reported Kuleba on Twitter.
9:07 Head of Mykolaiv Regional Military Administration Vitalii Kim
Last night a missile strike on the territory of a foreign company QTerminals. Earlier it was reported that there was a loud explosion in Mykolaiv.
9:02 Ministry of Defence of United Kingdom
Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine on 11 April 2022:
- Russian forces prior use of phosphorous munitions in the Donetsk Oblast raises the possibility of their future employment in Mariupol as fighting for the city intensifie;
- Russian shelling has continued in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, with Ukrainian forces repulsing several assaults resulting in the destruction of Russian tanks, vehicles, and artillery equipment;
- Russia’s continued reliance on unguided bombs decreases their ability to discriminate when targeting and conducting strikes while greatly increasing the risk of further civilian casualties.
8:39 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 11, 2022, more than 525 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation.
183 children were killed and 342 received injuries of varying severity during the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Children suffered the most in Donetsk – 110, Kyiv – 98, Kharkiv – 76, Chernihiv – 54, Mykolaiv – 40, Luhansk – 35, Zaporizhzhia – 22, Kherson – 29, the capital – 16, Sumy – 16, Zhytomyr – 15 regions.
These data are not conclusive, as inspection of sites of active hostilities and liberated settlements and receiving information on the temporarily occupied territories are underway.
8:29 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 11.04 were approximately:
- personnel – about 19500,
- tanks ‒ 725,
- APV ‒ 1923,
- artillery systems – 347,
- MLRS – 111 од,
- anti-aircraft warfare systems – 55,
- aircraft – 154,
- helicopters – 137,
- vehicles – 1387,
- boats / cutters – 7,
- fuel tanks – 76,
- UAV operational-tactical level – 119.
- special equipment – 25.
- mobile SRBM system – 4.
Data are being updated. The calculation is complicated by the high intensity of hostilities.
7:25 Head of Ukrzaliznytsia Oleskandr Kamyshin
Tonight, another railway station in the east of the country came under fire from Russian troops. They continue to aim at the railway infrastructure. There are no victims among the citizens or the railwaymen. 5 locomotives, tracks, and catenary were damaged.
7:16 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
The enemy fired on every city in the Luhansk region. There left no non-damaged critical and any other infrastructure in the region. Haidai reports that the Russians have informants who set fire to shops with people and warehouses with food. “Every shelling of the housing stock is a deliberate terrorist attack. The “Russian world” is leaving homeless,” said Haidai.
The Russians stormed the Zolote district, then retreated and began firing on the residential area. A private clinic and school in Sievierodonetsk and a sports facility in Zolote were destroyed.
6:56 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The forty-seventh day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion began. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- A Russian enemy continues to create an offensive group of troops to act in the Slobozhansky direction. Probably in the coming days, Russian occupiers will try to resume the offensive.
- In addition, a Russian enemy continues to train and send personnel, weapons, and equipment to participate in hostilities in Ukraine.
- Weapons and military equipment are being prepared at the permanent deployment point of the 60th independent motorized infantry brigade (permanent dislocation point – Monastyryshche, Primorsky Kray) of the 5th Combined Arms Army of Eastern Military District of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Russian Federation. These weapons will likely be moved to the temporarily occupied territory of Donetsk oblast. Also, to recover the losses of the battalion tactical group from the 36th independent motorized infantry brigade (Borzya, Transbaikalia region) of the 29th Combined Arms Army of the Eastern Military District, recruits are being recruited from the brigade. The enemy feels a special problem when recruiting drivers and mechanics drivers. The departure of the selected personnel from the point of permanent deployment is scheduled for the second half of April this year.
- The armed forces of the Russian federation may carry out provocative actions in the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova to accuse Ukraine of aggression against a neighboring state.
- It is likely that a Russian enemy, to disrupt the supply of goods to the places of hostilities, will continue to strike at transport infrastructure facilities in Ukraine to destroy or disable them.
- Certain units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to perform tasks to strengthen the protection of the Ukrainian-Belarusian border in the Brest and Gomel regions.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, separate divisions from a warehouse the 6th Combined Arms Army and Coastal Troops of the Northern Fleet continue to partially blockade the city of Kharkiv, and artillery shelling continues in some areas of the city.
- Aerial reconnaissance of the area is underway by the Russian enemy in the Izium direction to identify the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. To do this, the enemy uses the UAV “Orlan-10”.
- With the help of two battalion tactical groups, the Russian enemy tried to launch an offensive in the directions of the settlements of Dovhenke and Dmytrivka, which was unsuccessful, and the Russian enemy retreated to its former positions.
- In the Donetsk direction, a Russian enemy continues to focus on taking control of the settlements of Popasna, Rubizhne, Nyzhne, and Novobahmutivka, as well as establishing full control over the city of Mariupol.
- The Russian enemy tried to storm the area of Zolote but was unsuccessful.
- In the city of Mariupol, with the support of artillery and aircraft, the Russian occupiers continue to storm the areas of the Azovstal plant and the Seaport.
- With the help of independent units, a Russian enemy carried out artillery shelling of the positions of our troops in the areas of the settlements of Vysokopillia, Trudoliubivka, and Marianske.
- Over the past 24 hours, the defenders of Ukraine have repulsed four enemy attacks in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and destroyed five tanks, eight armored units, six vehicles, and eight enemy artillery systems.
5:04 Ministry of Defence of United Kingdom
Further evidence of alleged Russian war crimes continues to emerge following the Russian withdrawal from northern Ukraine. This includes the reported discovery of a makeshift grave containing deceased Ukrainian civilians near Burzova. Allegations of sexual violence perpetrated by Russian military personnel persist.
2:01 Head of the Sumy Regional Military Administration Dmytro ZhyvytskyiSumy region will receive UAH 250 million from the reserve fund of the state budget. This money will be used to repair utilities and systems to restore heat, gas, water, and electricity, as well as to dismantle damage, repair roofs, replace windows and doors, eliminate potholes on roads, and other urgent needs.