23:31 Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration
The Russian military seized the Melitopol City Museum of Local Lore. Collaborators pointed out to the Russians the place where Scythian gold is stored, which was discovered by archaeologists in the 1950s.
Residents of the temporarily occupied Vasylivka reported artillery shelling this afternoon. Sounds came from the train station and in one of the residential areas of the city.
In Zaporizhzhia, local fighting continues along the entire line of contact. Russian troops continue their attempts to advance east of Huliaipole, seize Velyka Novosilka, and improve the tactical position of their army in the direction of Zaporizhzhia. They have no success and eave with losses.
The problem of constant pressure of the occupiers on local authorities to force them to resign by writing statements also persists in Vasylivka.
The Prosecutor General’s Office has launched a pre-trial investigation into suspicion of self-proclaimed mayor of Enerhodar Andriy Shevchyk in collaborationism.
In the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhia region, the occupiers are inspecting the homes of local residents in search of representatives of law enforcement agencies of Ukraine. In addition, the invaders are conducting a census: the Russians prohibit from moving without identity documents.
Robbery and removal of property from Melitopol enterprises is getting full-scale. Thus, according to Melitopol residents, at the beginning of the week a convoy of trucks with sealed state registration numbers and escort cars was recorded, which was taking out the remains of agricultural machinery and grain from the elevator to the Crimea.
According to Reporters Without Borders, the Russian military is interrogating and searching journalists in Melitopol, Berdiansk, Enerhodar, and Tokmak. They also seize equipment from media workers and take hostages those who refuse to cooperate.
In Berdiansk, “Misksvitlo” (City Electricity) municipal enterprise stopped its work due to inability to work in the legislative field of Ukraine. According to the executive committee of the Berdiansk City Council, the company’s work will be resumed after the situation in the region stabilizes.
22:32 Head of the Sumy Regional Military Administration Dmytro Zhyvytskyi
Russia launched a provocative mortar shelling. There were more than fifty attacks during the last half an hour, all on the Esman territorial community. Data on the victims are being clarified.
22:20 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on April 27, 2022:
- Fake: The Russian Defense Ministry said that “Ukrainian experts are preparing a staged situation allegedly with the death of civilians as a result of Russian shelling. Broken vehicles, as well as the bodies of Ukrainian servicemen disguised in civilian clothes, are being delivered to the central market of Lysychansk”;
- Manipulation: Despite friendly relations between Ukraine and Romania, MP of unrecognised Transnistria Andriy Safonov said that “Transnistria is hindering the possible absorption of Ukrainian territories by Romania”;
- Disinformation: Propagandists of the Russian Federation reported that “a hospital for servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was equipped in the Kostiantynivka City Hospital (Donetsk Region), and all patients, regardless of their state of health, were expelled from the institution.”
22:01 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
Today, the invaders continued to fire artillery, mortars, and MLRS on Kharkiv and the region. 1 civilian was killed, 3 were injured, and 2 of them are in critical condition. Three people, including a 14-year-old child, were injured in the shelling of the Chuhuiv district.
Fighters of the Armed Forces in the Kharkiv region have captured five occupiers.
21:13 Maksym Marchenko, head of the Odesa Regional Military Administration
The Russians continue to launch missile strikes on the Odesa region, so they want to achieve at least some success until May 9.
On April 27, the enemy struck the bridge across the Dniester estuary again, repairing work is currently underway, and operation of the bridge has been temporarily suspended.
The General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourism Organization voted by a majority to exclude Russia from the organization.
According to Ukrinform, this was announced by the head of the State Agency for Tourism Development of Ukraine Maryana Oleskiv.
19:59 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 18.00 on April 27, 2022.
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The sixty-third day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- In the Volyn, Polissia, and Siversky directions, the situation did not change significantly, no signs of the formation of offensive groups by the Russian enemy were found.
- In Slobozhanshchyna, the Russian enemy carried out systematic artillery shelling, including multiple rocket launchers, in the cities of Kharkiv and Derhachi and the settlement of Prudianka.
- In the direction of Izium – Barvinkove, Russian occupiers attempted an offensive in the area of Nova Dmytrivka. They were unsuccessful, lost, and left.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriia directions, the Russian enemy continues to shell the positions of our troops along the line of contact with mortars and artillery.
- The Russian enemy made an unsuccessful attempt to break through the defences of Ukrainian troops in the Kurakhovo area.
- In the South Buh area, units of the occupying forces, under cover of artillery fire, continue to improve the engineering equipment of the positions, replenish stocks of material and technical means, ammunition, and fuel, and conduct air reconnaissance. Russian occupiers tried to improve the tactical position of their troops in the direction of Zaporizhzhia. They have no success, they are left with losses.
- In the temporarily occupied territory of the Kharkiv region, near the village of Levkivka, Izium district, the Russian enemy organised a collection point for damaged equipment, where military equipment is being repaired and restored. Russian invaders continue to carry out so-called “filtration measures” in some settlements temporarily out of control of the Ukrainian authorities.
- In the temporarily occupied territory of the Zaporizhzhia region, Russian occupiers are inspecting the houses of residents to identify the places of residence of representatives of the security forces of Ukraine. Carrying out a census of the local population, movement in the temporarily occupied territory without identity documents is prohibited.
- In the temporarily occupied territory of the Kherson region, Russian occupiers are preparing for a so-called “referendum”, bulletins are being printed, and personal data of local citizens of Ukraine are being clarified. At the same time, Russian invaders continue to prevent civilians from leaving the occupied territory.
- In the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, due to numerous provocations from Russia, a “red” level of the terrorist threat has been introduced. The personnel of the security forces were transferred to the “barracks state”, the control at the checkpoints was strengthened, and the preparations for the May 9 holiday parade were cancelled.
- The Russian enemy is demoralised. Personnel who are taken to replenish losses from the occupied territories of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions have their personal documents confiscated, which will not allow them to be identified in the event of death. There have been more and more cases of enemy soldiers searching for new ways to avoid participating in hostilities. Personnel resort to desertion, captivity, and self-mutilation.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres arrived in Ukraine after visiting Moscow.
On Thursday, Guterres will hold talks with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba.
19:26 Evropeiska Pravda
The Swiss government has vetoed the re-export of Swiss-made ammunition used in Gepard anti-aircraft self-propelled guns, which Germany plans to supply to Ukraine.
This was reported by the Swiss TV channel SRF
18:42 Evropeiska Pravda
Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Jolie has announced new sanctions in response to Russia’s illegal and unjustified invasion of Ukraine.
These new measures impose restrictions on 11 high-ranking officials and 192 other members of the “people’s council” of the so-called Luhansk and Donetsk People’s Republics, who are involved in the Russian regime’s continued violations of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
17:41 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The occupiers are preparing a propaganda press tour for loyal media in Mariupol.
A large-scale political provocation is being prepared in an attempt to attract some Western journalists. For this purpose, the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation is planning a so-called “press tour” for loyal representatives of foreign media on April 28. The arrival of “journalists” on the territory of Ukraine is organised through the Russian Rostov-on-Don.
The program of the event includes “alternative facts” about the defence of Mariupol. Trained “witnesses” will say that Ukrainian defenders allegedly bombed the city and killed locals. To confirm this version, trained provocateurs will be presented as “eyewitnesses” who will tell about the mythical “mass killings of civilians by the Ukrainian military.”
16:04 Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine and Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov
Starlink Ukraine as a representative of SpaceX has just registered in Ukraine.
15:11 European Pravda
The European Commission has proposed today to suspend for one year import duties on all Ukrainian exports to the European Union.
“The proposal, which is an unprecedented gesture of support for a country at war, would also see the suspension for one year of all EU anti-dumping and safeguard measures in place on Ukrainian steel exports,” the statement said.
The Russian invaders stole all valuable exhibits from the Museum of Local Lore and the Kuindzhi Art Museum in Mariupol. The originals of the paintings of Arkhyp Kuindzhi and Ivan Aivazovskyi were taken out.
14:50 President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy according to Ukrainska Pravda
G20 President and Indonesian President Joko Widodo has invited Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to take part in the G20 summit.
14:16 Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Serhii Shkarlet
The enemy continues to shell educational institutions. Yesterday it was one of the schools in Lysychansk. At that moment, 23 people were hiding in her basement, including children. The walls stood, saving the lives of citizens.
Statistics on the destruction of kindergartens, schools, and universities are growing daily. As of today, 102 educational institutions have been destroyed, and 1412 institutions have been damaged.
14:11 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The member states of the Collective Security Treaty Organisation (an international military-political organisation that includes Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan) are reluctant to take part in the war against Ukraine.
13:52 Ukrinform citing Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
Law enforcement agencies reported in absentia the suspicion of a captain and major of the Russian armed forces who tortured prisoners of war and civilians in the village of Bohdanivka, Kyiv region.
13:48 Security Service of Ukraine
The SSU neutralised an enemy agency that was gathering intelligence on the defensive lines of Ukrainian troops and the deployment of aircraft of the Armed Forces. Among the detained are uncovered agents who have worked out ways to escape to Crimea in case of failure of the operation.
13:31 Austrian Foreign Ministry
“We stand united with the people of Ukraine, who fell victim to unprecedented military aggression by Russia. As an important sign of our unwavering solidarity with Ukraine, members of our Embassy returned to Kyiv last week. Thanks to our staff for your efforts and dedication!” the statement on its Twitter said.
Russian invaders are forcing Zaporizhzhia NPP staff to hang a portrait of Putin and take part in the May 9 celebrations at Enerhodar.
Petro Kotin, head of NNEGC Energoatom, said this on the news telethon, Ukrinform reports.
“The invaders are preparing for a sacred event – May 9. They walk around with their Colorado ribbons (Saint George’s ribbons – a Russian military symbol that resembles the colours of the Colorado potato beetle, a common pest on Ukrainian soil – ed.) and are forced to hang a portrait of Putin at the station. So everyone can go and spit on this portrait, I guess,” said Kotin.
13:06 Suspilne citing CNN
A new video from a drone, obtained by CNN, shows Russian military equipment and troops on the streets of Bucha, where the bodies of dead civilians lie. CNN confirmed the authenticity of the video and the date of filming. It took place on March 12 and 13.
12:12 Security Service of Ukraine
The military leadership of the Russian Federation reduces the real losses of the occupiers in the war in Ukraine. This is evidenced by new interceptions of the SSU.
12:12 State Emergency Service of Ukraine
Pyrotechnic units of the SES continue to demine areas and dispose of ammunition.
- Chernihiv region. There are 44 sappers and 17 units of special equipment in the Chernihiv, Chernihiv, and Nizhyn districts.
- Kyiv region. 21 pyrotechnic teams from the State Emergency Service are clearing the territory of Bucha, Brovary, and Vyshhorod districts of mines and shells.
- Cherkasy region. In Uman and the Uman district, 29 pyrotechnicians and 9 units of equipment are involved.
11:53 Ukrainska Pravda
A pro-Ukrainian protest was dispersed in Russian-occupied Kherson. The occupiers used tear gas. Four people were injured and burned.
Kherson regional council deputy Serhii Khlan confirmed that the Russians had injured several people. There are reports of a woman with chest burns and a ruptured lung and a 50-year-old man with a broken leg. People lost coordination, could not breathe, and several had chemical burns to their eyes.
11:45 Head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Military Administration Valentyn Reznichenko
Ukrainian military shot down an enemy missile over the Dnipropetrovsk region.
11:30 Head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration Pavlo Kyrylenko
The Russian occupiers twice fired prohibited phosphorus shells at Avdiivka.
“First, they fired near the coke plant last night. This morning – in the city centre. As a result, several fires broke out in the city. Following the second shelling, the Russians launched an airstrike on Avdiivka, aiming at a high-rise building. At least one person was wounded,” Kyrylenko wrote.
According to him, the Armed Forces of Ukraine repulsed an attempt by Russian troops to break through in this direction.
10:30 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 27.04 were approximately:
personnel – about 22400 (+300) persons were liquidated,
tanks ‒ 939 (+21),
APV ‒ 2342 (+34),
artillery systems – 421 (+5),
MLRS – 149 (+0),
Anti-aircraft warfare systems – 71 (+2),
aircraft – 185 (+1),
helicopters – 155 (+1),
vehicles – 1666 (+23),
boats / cutters – 8 (+0),
fuel tanks – 76 (+0),
UAV operational-tactical level – 207 (+2).
special equipment – 31 (+0).
mobile SRBM system – 4 (+0).
Russian enemy suffered the greatest losses (of the past day) in the Kurakhove and Izium directions
Data are being updated
Strike the occupier! Let’s win together! Our strength is in the truth!
10:08 Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration
In the morning, Hirske was hit by an airstrike – at least one person was killed
Since 5 a.m Russian troops are continuously shelling the settlement of Hirske. MLRS “Grad” and artillery are used. An airstrike was inflicted. Many destructions, the body of one victim has already been found. The search continues. An electric substation also burned down in Hirske.
10:04 Security Service of Ukraine
The special services of the Russian Federation arrange staged stories in the Russian media: foreigners are forcibly taken out of Kherson to the Crimea for PR purposes. The SSU has obtained evidence that FSB officers are fabricating fakes by organizing the forcible evacuation of people from the temporarily occupied territories.
9:57 Security Service of Ukraine
The special services of the Russian Federation arrange staged stories in the Russian media: foreigners are forcibly taken out of Kherson to the Crimea for PR.
The SSU has obtained evidence that FSB personnel officers are fabricating news by organising the forcible evacuation of people from the temporarily occupied territories.
That was discovered since the SBU gained access to the phone of an FSB officer. He supervised the creation of a “picture” for the occupiers in the Kherson region.
9:00 Detector Media citing the joint statement of the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine, Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, and media representativesRepresentatives of the authorities and the Mediarukh journalistic community have agreed that to comply with all necessary security conditions, journalists can gather information on the ground immediately after the shelling. At the same time, it is allowed to publish photos and videos taken by the media and journalists about the events at the site of hostilities after 12 hours for military facilities, after 3 hours for civilian facilities.
8:29 Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on the morning of April 27, 2022:
- Manipulation. Despite the continued supply of weapons, the Russian media report that some countries have already exhausted their stockpiles and refuse to send them to Ukraine. In particular, “the Bundeswehr has halved the list of arms exports, and Bulgaria is still delaying supplies.”
- Misinformation. Belarusian propagandists accuse the West of unwillingness to cease hostilities. This was stated by Belarusian MP O. Haidukevich: “Russia is interested in signing a peace treaty with Ukraine, but the United States wants to maintain this source of tension.”
- Fake. Russian propaganda, citing unidentified military experts, said that “US weapons could be depleted in a few months if the White House continues to supply Ukraine.”
8:21 Office of the Prosecutor General
More than 610 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation. According to official data, as of the morning of April 27, the number of child victims has not changed – 217. The number of injured has increased – more than 393.
These figures are not final, as work is underway to establish them in places of active hostilities, in the temporarily occupied and liberated territories.
The most affected children were in Donetsk region – 129, Kyiv region – 114, Kharkiv region – 93, Chernihiv region – 66, Kherson region – 44, Mykolaiv region – 43, Luhansk region – 37, Zaporizhzhia region – 27, Sumy region – 17, Kyiv city – 16, Zhytomyr region – 15.
8:16 Oleksandr Kamyshun, head of board of Ukrzaliznytsia (Ukrainian Railways)
Today at 6:45 a second rocket attack on the same bridge across the Dniester estuary in the Odesa region. There are no injured railroad workers. The degree of damage to the infrastructure can be determined after the air alarm.
8:00 Evropeiska Pravda referring to UK Defence Ministry intelligence report
Ukraine keeps control of most of its airspace, while Russia has failed to effectively destroy the Ukrainian air force or suppress the Ukrainian air defence system.
The agency notes that Ukraine continues to put Russian aircraft at risk.
The British Foreign Secretary is against limiting support for Ukraine only to defence weapons
Russian aircraft are mainly concentrated in the south and east of Ukraine, providing support to Russian ground forces. Russia has very limited access from the air to the north and west of Ukraine, limiting offensive operations with deep strikes with long-range weapons, the review said.
Russia continues to strike at Ukrainian military facilities and logistics infrastructure across the country.
Most Russian air strikes on Mariupol are likely to be carried out by uncontrollable free-falling bombs. These weapons increase the risk of civilian casualties.
7:41 Valentyn Reznichenko, head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Military Administration
The occupiers fired on the Zelenodolsk community with artillery. They hit an energy infrastructure enterprise. Oil leak and severe fire are registered.
Rescuers put out the fire for several hours. One employee of the company was injured. Now in the hospital. Zelenodolsk, the villages of Maryanske and Velyka Kostromka came under fire.
6:57 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The sixty-third day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people against the Russian military invasion began.
The enemy continues to conduct full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
The enemy’s offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone continue in order to establish full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions and to maintain the overland corridor with the occupied Crimea.
- The greatest activity of the occupying forces is observed in the Slobozhanshchyna and Donetsk directions.
The enemy is taking measures to replenish its units that suffered casualties during hostilities. In particular, by removing it from storage in warehouses and bases of military districts. Transportation of equipment to the territory of Ukraine is usually carried out by rail.
The occupiers continue to launch missile strikes on residential neighborhoods in Ukraine.
- In the Slobozhanshchyna direction, the enemy continues to launch air strikes and hit the infrastructure of the city of Kharkiv with artillery.
- In the Izium direction, units of the 1st Panzer Army, the 20th General Army of the Western Military District, the 35th General Army and the 68th Army Corps of the Eastern Military District and Airborne Forces are conducting offensive operations in the direction of Barvinkove. The enemy captured the northeastern outskirts of the settlement of Velyka Komyshuvakha, and also took control of the settlement of Zavody.
In order to increase the grouping of troops, the occupiers transferred from the territory of the Belgorod region to the city of Izium two battalion tactical groups from the 76th Airborne Assault Division of the Airborne Forces. In addition, in the areas of settlements of the Belgorod region, the enemy deployed two missile divisions of OTRK “Iskander-M”.
- In the Donetsk direction, enemy units are conducting active operations along almost the entire line of contact. The main efforts of the enemy are focused on offensive operations in the Severodonetsk, Popasna and Kurakhove areas in order to take full control of Popasna, Rubizhne and the development of the offensive on the Lyman, Severodonetsk and Sloviansk.
- In the Lyman direction, the enemy established control over the settlement of Zarichne, carried out assault operations in the area of the settlement of Yampil.
- In the Severodonetsk direction, the invaders established control over the settlement of Novotoshkivske, and launched an offensive in the direction of the settlements of Nyzhnie and Orikhove.
- In the Mariupol direction, the enemy is exerting massive fire and blocking our units in the area of the Azovstal steel factory. In the city, the occupiers continue to carry out filtering measures against the civilian population.
- In the Southern Buh and Tavriia directions, the enemy is using the available forces and means to focus its main efforts on maintaining the previously occupied frontiers and exerting fire on the positions of our troops. In the Mykolaiv, Kryvyi Rih and Zaporizhzhia directions the enemy tries to improve the tactical position. To this end, it regroups units, increases the system of fire damage, and conducts air reconnaissance.
- The occupiers are carrying out filtration measures in the districts of Kyselivka and Stanislav in the Kherson region with the help of Rosgvardiya units.
- In the Tavriia direction, enemy units carry out engineering equipment for positions and replenishment of reserves.
- There are no significant changes in the Volyn, Polissia and Sivershchyna directions.
- Our soldiers have hit seven air targets the day before: a Su-25 plane, a Ka-52 helicopter, three operational-tactical UAVs and two cruise missiles.
- In the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts alone, nine enemy attacks were repulsed, nine tanks, eleven artillery systems, four units of special and seventeen units of armored vehicles, three units of special engineering and sixteen units of motor vehicles, four units of motor vehicles, four units of motor vehicles, four anti-aircraft installation.
- Military Transport, Fighter, Bomber and Assault Aviation of the Air Force continues to perform tasks in the airspace of Ukraine.
During the sudden air raids, the Russian occupiers suffered significant losses in their positions. As a result of air strikes, a lot of enemy equipment and manpower were destroyed.
We will talk about the total losses of the occupiers in a separate report later.
We believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine! Let’s win together! Glory to Ukraine!
1:10 Operational Command “South”
On the eve of a pseudo-referendum in the Kherson region, the occupation authorities are trying to appoint their “leadership” from among local collaborators, continuing to agitate and try to bribe the local population with food. We are grateful to the people of Kherson region who are invincible in the face of hostile intrigues.
Meanwhile, our troops continue to fight on the frontline.
- The enemy tried to advance towards the Mykolaiv region near the villages of Tavriiske and Nova Zoria, but was unsuccessful, suffered significant losses and retired.
- In the Black Sea operational zone, our forces inflicted damage on enemy positions on Snake Island. The hit at the control point, the destruction of the Strila-10 anti-aircraft missile system, and the losses of the Russians are being clarified.
The naval group of the enemy fleet was partially diminished.
- Odesa region was attacked by 3 cruise missiles, hitting the bridge across the Dniester estuary was recorded. No one was injured. Traffic is partially restricted. Restoration works are underway.
- The enemy continues to shake up the situation with provocations around Transnistria, organizing imitations of terrorist attacks, announcing missile strikes and sending messages to residents of Transnistria on behalf of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with panic calls for evacuation. The Russian group of troops in Transnistria has been put on full alert.
The security and defense forces of the south of Ukraine continue to perform their assigned tasks, effectively counteracting challenges and threats.
0:47 Ukrinform referring to Hanna Maliar, Deputy Minister of Defence
Russia has launched 1,300 missiles on Ukraine, and their reserves in Russia have halved.
“According to our data, their stocks have already more than halved during the time they have been actively using them on the territory of Ukraine since February 24.
Approximately the numbers that are called are more than 1,000 missiles they have already used. More precisely, more than 1,300 missiles.
If you consider that it has halved, you can roughly calculate how much is left,” said Maliar.
She added that these are missiles of air, sea and ground bases.
0:23 Dmytro Lunin, head of the Poltava Regional Military Administration
More than an hour ago, in some areas of Poltava and its suburbs, many locals heard the sound of explosions. As of now, we have no information about “arrivals”, destruction of infrastructure, casualties, or downed missiles.