On February 24, 2022, Russian Federation started a full-scale military invasion in Ukraine.
LIVE UPDATE, APRIL 2022
20:26 Deputy Commander of the Azov Regiment Sviatoslav Palamar
An evacuation convoy arrived in Mariupol on Saturday evening, April 30. 20 civilians were able to be taken out of the territory of Azovstal, who were pulled out of the rubble. Еhey are planned to be taken to the territory controlled by Ukraine.
“I emphasise that we ask to guarantee the departure of not only civilians but also the wounded of our servicemen who need medical care,” said Deputy Commander Azov.
19:16 Генеральний штаб ЗСУ / General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 18.00 on April 30, 2022.
The sixty-sixth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues.
The Russian enemy continues to conduct full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine and offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, a group of Russian enemy troops continues to launch airstrikes and artillery shelling on the city of Kharkiv.
- In the Izium direction, Russian occupiers, with the help of independent units of the 1st Tank Army and the 20th Combined Arms Army of the Western Military District, the 35th Combined Arms Army and the 68th Army Corps of the Eastern Military District, and airborne troops are trying to advance in the direction Izium – Barvinkove and Izium – Slovyansk.
- The Russian enemy continues to concentrate forces and resources both in the temporarily occupied territories of the Kharkiv region and in the Belgorod region, near the state border of Ukraine. Thus, the occupiers moved units of the 55th Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 41st Combined Arms Army of the Central Military District to the Volokhiv Yar settlement and units of the 5th Independent Tank Brigade of the 36th Combined Arms Army of the Eastern Military District to Izyum.
- Russian enemy is increasing the air defence system, conducting air reconnaissance of the positions of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the use of UAVs in the settlements of Velyka Komyshuvakha, Ivanivka, Chervone, Kurulka, Dovhenke, Nova Dmytrivka and Barvinkove.
- Russian occupation forces continue to carry out illegal actions in the occupied territories of the Kharkiv region. According to available information, the Russian enemy is forcibly deporting the population to the territory of the Russian federation. Russian occupiers are spreading misinformation about the capture of Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Zaporizhzhia.
- In the Donetsk direction, the Russian enemy is conducting active hostilities along almost the entire line of contact. Airstrikes and artillery shelling of Ukrainian defenders’ positions continue.
- The main efforts of the enemy are focused on offensive operations in the Lyman, Severodonetsk, Popasna, and Kurakhiv areas to take full control of the settlements of Rubizhne, Popasna, and, probably, a further attack on the Lyman, Slovyansk, and Barvinkove.
- In the Mariupol direction, the Russian enemy continued to launch airstrikes on the city of Mariupol. The main efforts are focused on blocking units of the Defence Forces in the area of the Azovstal plant.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, the Russian enemy regrouped and increased artillery units to continue the offensive.
- In the Tavriya direction, the Russian enemy continues to demonstrative actions to prevent the transfer of units of Ukrainian troops to other areas, to replenish stocks of ammunition, fuel, and oils.
- In the South Buh direction, Russian occupiers forces of the 8th and 49th Combined Arms Armies, the 22nd Army Corps, the coastal units of the Black Sea Fleet of the Southern Military District, and airborne troops are fighting to improve their tactical position. The enemy continues to regroup units, and take measures to replenish supplies.
- Preparatory measures of the enemy to carry out the offensive and reach the administrative border of the Kherson region are underway.
- In the Mykolaiv direction, the Russian enemy continues to attempt to fire positions on our troops.
- In the Bessarabian direction, Russian occupiers are spreading misinformation about the threat to the population of the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova from Ukraine.
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to perform tasks to strengthen the section of the Ukrainian-Belarusian border in the Brest and Gomel regions. The Russian enemy may provoke in the border areas.
- The Russian enemy remains in danger of launching missile and bomb strikes on military and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine. According to the available information, the Russian mobile short-range ballistic missile systems Iskander-M are still deployed in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, and some aviation units of the Russian Air Force continue to be based at certain airfields.
- In the Siversky direction, the Russian enemy continues artillery shelling of units of our troops and infrastructure in the border areas of Ukraine with the Russian federation.
- Russian occupiers are launching missile and bomb attacks and carrying out artillery shelling of civilian infrastructure and residential areas in the settlements of Zaporizhzhia, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Kharkiv region.
- The Russian enemy also continues to illegally detain Ukrainian citizens and torture and torment them.
- As a result of the offensive of the Ukrainian Defence Forces in the Kharkiv region, control over the settlements of Verkhnya Rohanka, Ruska Lozova, Slobidske, and Prilesne was restored.
UN Ambassador for Refugees Angelina Jolie arrived in Ukraine on a humanitarian mission and visited Lviv Railway Station, where she met passengers on an evacuation train from Pokrovsk.
18:34 Operational Command “South”
As a result of a missile attack on the Odesa region, the runway of the Odesa airport was damaged. Its further use is impossible.
17:53 Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk
Prisoners were exchanged today. 14 Ukrainians – 7 military and 7 civilians – were returned.
“For me, this exchange is special: one of the military women in the fifth month of pregnancy,” said Vereshchuk.
8:54 Head of the Popasna City Military-Civil Administration Mykola Khanatov
Two evacuation buses in Popasna were shot by Russians, and communication with drivers was lost.
“Yesterday we evacuated 31 people from Popasna. There were many more people interested, so two more buses were sent to the city. It is known that they reached the settlement and came under fire from an enemy sabotage group. Buses were shot. There is no connection with the people who were in the vehicle and organised the evacuation,” Mykola Khanatov said.
7:26 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 06.00 on April 30, 2022.
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The sixty-sixth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- The Russian enemy continues to carry out offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone in order to defeat the Joint Forces, establish full control over the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and maintain the land route with the occupied Crimea.
- The Russian enemy launches air and missile strikes and launches artillery shelling of civilian and military infrastructure in the depths of Ukraine, the positions of our troops along the line of contact and in the border areas. It is regrouping and strengthening of occupying forces continues.
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, the Russian enemy did not take active action. There have been no significant changes in the situation in these areas.
- In the Siversky direction, Russian enemy units fired on the positions of our troops in the areas of the settlements of Kindrativka, Katerynivka, Svarkove, and Bilokopytove.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy is concentrating its main efforts on maintaining its occupied positions and inflicting fire damage on units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In order to strengthen the group, the Russian enemy is moving individual units from the Eastern Military District from the territory of the Belgorod region to the area of the city of Izyum.
- Russian units tried to launch an offensive in the direction of the settlements of Sulyhivka and Dovhenke but were unsuccessful. In order to cover the groups of its troops in the Kharkiv and Izyum directions, the Russian enemy is trying to deploy forces and means of air defence.
- In the Eastern Operational Zone, the Russian enemy continues to advance on the Lyman (in the areas of Yampil, Ozerne, Lyman), Severodonetsk, where it is trying to complete the capture of Rubizhne, Popasna (in the direction of Kalinovo and Popasna) and Kurakhiv (Olenivka and Novomykhailivka) directions. There is no success, the fighting continues.
- Artillery shelling of units of Ukrainian troops does not stop in the Zaporizhzhia direction.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian enemy did not conduct active offensive operations. Isolated attacks on the positions of units of Ukrainian troops are recorded.
- In the Bessarabian direction, without significant changes.
- In the Mykolaiv direction, the Russian enemy intensified air reconnaissance in the operational depth of the defensive positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, presumably in order to expose the presence and nature of the actions of the reserves.
- During the previous day, the air defence units of the Air Force and the Land Forces hit ten air targets: one plane and nine UAVs of the Orlan-10 operational and tactical level.
- Fourteen enemy attacks were repulsed in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts over the past 24 hours, eleven tanks, seven artillery systems, twenty-eight armoured vehicles, and fourteen vehicles were destroyed.
- About the summarised losses of the Russian enemy in our separate report a little later.