20:46 Evropeiska Pravda referring to Reuters
The United States does not believe there is a threat of Russia’s use of nuclear weapons, despite the recent escalation of Moscow’s rhetoric.
This was stated by a senior official of the US Department of Defense.
“We continue to monitor their nuclear capabilities on a daily basis as far as possible, and we do not believe that there is a threat of nuclear weapons or a threat to NATO territory,” the official said on condition of anonymity.
20:27 Ukrainska Pravda
The commander of the Ukrainian 36th Marine Brigade, Serhii Volynsky (Volyna), appealed to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to apply the “extraction” procedure to them and take them to Turkey.
“Dear Mr. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Marine Major Serhiy Volynskyi is addressing you. I am currently serving in the 36th Marine Brigade stationed in the Mariupol garrison, which has been fighting for 65 days.
We have 600 servicemen with various injuries who are in dire need of help. We have civilians with us who have been injured, and who also need your help. Hundreds of civilians and dozens of children are also looking for safety with us at the facility. The youngest is 4 months old.
I am now appealing to the Turkish people, to the President to apply the extraction procedure to us, to do everything possible to take the Mariupol garrison to Turkey, to practically take us away from Azovstal with security guarantees from the Turkish side. We are very much counting on your help,” Volynskyi told Habertürk TV.
19:29 European Pravda
The United States has trained up to 100 Ukrainian instructors to use American artillery.
This was stated by a senior official of the US Department of Defence, as reported by CNN.
The US has also trained a group of about 15 Ukrainians on the US radar systems that are being provided to Ukraine, with more groups of a yet to be determined number to be trained in the future, the official said.
US training for Ukrainians will “go on for as long as it needs to go on,” the official added.
19:15 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 18.00 on April 29, 2022.
The sixty-fifth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- The Russian enemy continues to carry out offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone to defeat the Joint Forces, establish full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and maintain the land route with the occupied Crimea.
- In the Volyn and Polissya areas, certain units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to carry out tasks to strengthen the section of the Ukrainian-Belarusian border in the Brest and Gomel regions. An inspection of the readiness of the aviation component of the regular forces and means of the air defence system of the Republic of Belarus was noted.
- The threat of missile and bomb strikes on the objects of Ukraine from the territory of the Republic of Belarus remains.
- In the Siversky direction, the Russian enemy, by keeping the appropriate set of troops, is trying to prevent the movement of reserves of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the Siversky direction to the Eastern Operational Zone. In the areas of the Bryansk and Kursk regions bordering Ukraine, the Russian enemy deployed part of the units to restore combat capability.
- In the future, the enemy may demonstrate and provoke in the areas adjacent to the state border of Ukraine. In particular, there is a possibility of shelling of units of the Defence Forces of Ukraine and infrastructure in the border areas.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy group of the 6th Combined Arms Army and the coastal troops of the Baltic and Northern Fleets are focusing on maintaining positions in the area north and southeast of Kharkiv, trying to deploy additional artillery units.
- In the Izium direction, the Russian enemy is operating with units of the 1st Tank Army, the 20th Combined Arms Army of the Western Military District, the 35th Combined Arms Army, the 68th Army Corps of the Eastern Military District, and the Airborne Troops. The Russian enemy’s main efforts are focused on conducting reconnaissance and inflicting fire damage on units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- To ensure additional transfer of troops in the Izyum direction, Russian occupiers provide additional pontoon-bridge crossings across the Siversky Donets River.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, enemy units are trying to launch an offensive in the Lyman, Severodonetsk, and Popasna directions. The Russian enemy continues to try to establish full control over the settlements of Rubizhne and Popasna and is preparing to advance on Severodonetsk. The Russian enemy continues artillery shelling of our troops.
- In the Kurakhiv direction, the occupiers’ groups were reinforced by additional artillery units from the 1st Army Corps.
- In the Mariupol direction, the Russian enemy continued to launch airstrikes on Mariupol. It focused its main efforts on blocking the units of Ukrainian troops in the area of the Azovstal plant, and also transferred some units from Mariupol to the Kurakhiv direction.
- The Russian enemy continues to launch air and missile strikes to destroy civilian infrastructure and disrupt the logistics of our troops. To clarify the position of the units of the Defence Forces of Ukraine, the Russian enemy conducted air reconnaissance using the Orlan-10 UAV. It continues to lose this reconnaissance equipment.
- In the South Buh and Bessarabian directions, the Russian enemy is trying to fight with the available forces to improve its tactical position. Continues to regroup, increases the system of fire damage, improves the engineering equipment of positions.
- As part of the increase in the system of logistics of the troops, Russian occupiers deployed assembly points for damaged vehicles and points for repair and restoration of equipment.
- In the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation continues to disseminate information through pro-Kremlin media about the threat to the population of the region from Ukraine. In particular, there are reports of another case of Ukrainian UAVs being used over ammunition depots.
- Defenders of Ukraine hold certain defensive lines, destroy the enemy, continue to move deep into the occupied territories, and liberate settlements.
16:57 European Pravda
British Ambassador to Ukraine Melinda Simmons reported on her arrival in Kyiv.
“It was a long drive but worth going the distance. So good to be in Kyiv again,” she wrote.
16:35 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
A shootout took place in the Kherson region between Chechens and Buryats from the Russian army. The cause of the conflict was the reluctance of the Buryats to conduct offensive hostilities and the “inequality” of conditions with the Chechens. Another reason is the uneven distribution of the loot because Chechens benefit from it.
Russia fired 1,300 missiles at Ukraine during the war, costing the aggressor at least $ 7.5 billion.
16:20 Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Kyiv resumed work on April 29.
15:34 State Border Guard Service
A Russian helicopter fired unguided missiles at Ukrainian territory in the Sumy region.
15:16 Operational Command “South”
In the south of Ukraine, missile and artillery units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine hit 11 enemy targets.
Norway has joined the fifth package of European Union sanctions against Russia imposed through its invasion of Ukraine. The country will close its borders and ports to Russian trucks and ships.
14:10 Security Service of Ukraine
SSU officers detained three Russian servicemen hiding in abandoned buildings near Voznesensk. They were part of a group that was trying to seize the South Ukrainian nuclear power plant.
The State Border Guard Service does not rule out that Russia may use unrecognised Transnistria to escalate the situation in Ukraine. This was stated at a briefing by the spokesman of the State Border Guard Service Andrii Demchenko.
“The situation remains tense on the border with Moldova. In particular, in the Transnistrian segment. It is possible that, like the territory of Belarus, the enemy may use this direction for further escalation.”
13:37 Land Forces Command of AFU
The assault unit of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine under the leadership of the Commander of the Land Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Colonel-General Oleksandr Syrskyi liberated the village of Ruska Lozova in the Kharkiv region from the occupiers. Currently, it is completely under the control of the Armed Forces.
This is a strategically important settlement located on the Kharkiv-Belgorod highway. The enemy was based in this suburbs and aimed at the civilian infrastructure and residential neighbourhoods of Kharkiv.
13:35 National Police of Ukraine
Since the beginning of the Russian military attack, users of the StopRussiaChannel | MRIYA have already sent more than 4 million complaints to block propaganda resources. 47 thousand reports about the hostile actions of the occupiers, such as the location of their equipment or the marks left, were received through the bot “People’s Avenger”. That’s why the invaders are creating fake channels of the National Police. They are trying to somehow minimise the losses and get messages instead of Ukrainian law enforcement.
13:29 Ukrainska Pravda
Two members of the British humanitarian organisation were captured by the Russian military in the Zaporizhzhia region.
This was stated by the co-founder of a network of charities working in Ukraine, Dominik Byrne, quoted by BBC.
13:11 Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
“Everything we have been earning for years, the occupiers destroyed in an instant. They also threw grenades at our cellar…”
Mykhailo and Olena, residents of the village of Lypivka in the Kyiv region, spoke about the atrocities of the Russian invaders.
Even though the house burned down, the family does not lose faith in a better future, and if possible shares with neighbours products that were saved in the cellar.
12:37 State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine
As of April 27, 243 crimes against journalists and media were registered in 16 regions of Ukraine.
In total, seven journalists were killed in the line of duty during the war, 15 went missing, 14 died as participants in hostilities or as a result of Russian shelling in the line of duty, and 9 were wounded in shelling by the Russian occupiers, and 8 journalists were abducted.
In addition, 11 cases of shelling of TV towers by the Russian occupiers were recorded, which led to the disappearance of Ukrainian broadcasting.
12:30 Radio Liberty
Radio Liberty journalist and producer Vira Hyrych died as a result of a Russian missile hitting the house where she lived in Kyiv. The shelling took place on April 28. The deceased was found under the wreckage on the morning of April 29.
12:07 Ukrinform citing the Adviser to the Mayor of Mariupol Petro Andriushchenko
The invaders took almost all the men from the outskirts of Mariupol to the filtration camp in the village of Bezimenne and have not been released for more than a week.
“Almost all men were taken to the Bezimenne filtration camp in the suburbs (Myrnyi, Volonterivka, and Vynohradne). Even after filtering, they have not been released for more than a week,” wrote Andriushchenko.
11:53 Head of the Kyiv Regional Military Administration Oleksandr Pavliuk
Two residents of Fastiv in the Kyiv region were hospitalised with moderate injuries after a missile attack on the city on the evening of April 28.
11:49 Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Today the Dutch embassy will reopen in Kyiv. Ambassador Jennes de Mol and a small team will work closely with Ukrainian authorities and partner countries on the ground.
11:21 European Pravda
A cargo carrying over 71,000 tonnes of Ukrainian corn finished loading in the Romanian Black Sea port of Constanța on Thursday, the first since Russia invaded Ukraine. This was reported by Reuters.
“Supporting Ukrainian grain exports means preventing a colossal wave of global hunger triggered by the blocking of Ukrainian ports,” said the President of Comvex port operator Viorel Panait.
11:20 State Border Guard Service
This morning the enemy fired on the Sumy region from the territory of Russia.
Border guards of the Sumy detachment recorded the incoming of more than thirty mortar mines fired from the Russian village Horodyshche.
In one case, the enemy fired at the crossroads between three villages of the Shostka district in the Sumy region. During another Russian attack, mines exploded on the outskirts of one of these villages.
Defenders of Ukraine were not injured during the shellings.
11:11 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
Over the past day, the Russian occupation forces fired 16 artillery shells, 2 rocket-propelled grenades, and one missile at Kharkiv.
The Russian fire damaged civilian objects in the following areas: Kharkiv Tractor Plant, Pyatihatky, Saltivka (602nd microdistrict), and Pivnichna Saltivka.
Artillery, mortar, and tank strikes were also inflicted on Kulynychi, Khroly, Kotliary, and Pokotylivka.
This morning the occupiers fired at Sokilnyky from barrel artillery.
During the past 24hrs, 5 civilians were killed and 11 were injured in the shelling.
Active battles continue in the Izium direction. The Ukrainian army holds positions. During the last night, the enemy did not carry out active offensive operations but conducted active reconnaissance.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces shot down another Russian Su-34 fighter-bomber.
10:31 Kyiv Mayor Vitalii Klychko
Rescuers who are continuing to inspect and dismantle the rubble of a residential building in the Shevchenkivskyi district, where a rocket hit yesterday, have just found the deceased.
10:10 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.04 were approximately:
personnel – about 23000 (+200) persons were liquidated,
tanks – 986 (+16),
APV – 2418 (+29),
artillery systems – 435 (+4),
MLRS – 151,
anti-aircraft warfare systems – 73 (+1),
aircraft – 189 (+2),
helicopters – 155,
vehicles – 1695 (+7),
boats / cutters – 8,
fuel tanks – 76,
UAV operational-tactical level – 229 (+14),
special equipment – 31,
mobile SRBM system – 4.
On the past day, the Russian enemy suffered the greatest losses in the Izium direction.
Data is being updated.
10:08 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Disinformation theses of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation on the situation in Ukraine over the past day.
The Kremlin media reported that Poland “plans to establish military and political control over the western regions of Ukraine under the pretext of the May military exercises.”
The danger is that this narrative is being promoted to the Russian-speaking audience not only by openly Russian propaganda media but also by so-called Russian oppositionists. According to the forecasts of the “opposition”, Poland will take away part of Ukraine if Russia invades Donbas and the south.
This thesis was picked up in the world. Reuters published an article entitled “The head of Russian intelligence said that the United States and Poland are preparing to divide Ukraine.” Poland has denied all allegations, stressing that Russian lies about Poland’s plans to attack Ukraine have been going on for several years.
Russia disinforms the world through various channels of communication that the fate of Ukraine as a state will be decided in June.
9:45 Ukrainian Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova
In Mariupol, the Russian occupiers are taking money from people and extorting personal data through fraudulent financial transactions.
So-called “ATMs” operating under the control of Russian terrorists have opened in the blocked city. One of such “ATMs” is working in the premises of a former supermarket in the Livoberezhnyi district of the city.
There, Mariupol residents can exchange non-cash money for cash from fraudsters at a rate of 2 to 1. That is, the occupiers take away half of the amount from people.
In the premises of the Central Police Department, the occupiers under the guise of a “pension fund and social services” began actively collecting data from Mariupol residents.
During the “registration” the occupiers extract data not only about the person and property but also on relatives.
There is a danger that these data may be used by Russians to search for people, blackmail, recruit and extort money from relatives who have left or live outside Mariupol.
Terror, cruel and degrading treatment of civilians in the occupied territories is a war crime under the Statute of the International Military Tribunal and the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and a violation of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War.
I appeal to the UN Commission for Investigation of Human Rights Violations during the Russian Military Invasion of Ukraine to take into account these facts of Russian war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine.
9:41 Ukrainska Pravda citing the Melitopol Mayor Ivan FedorovCases of kidnapping by Russian occupiers at checkpoints and on the streets have become more frequent, so it is now dangerous to move around the city and district.
9:17 Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration
Russian army launched an artillery strike on the city in the morning. After the shell hit, the building of the secondary school caught fire. Rescuers arrived on time and put out the fire.
8:29 Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on the morning of April 29, 2022:
- Manipulation. Russian propaganda continues to demonize Ukraine’s history. Thus, the propagandists once again reported that “nationalists from the armed forces of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, as allies of the Nazis, carried out acts of sabotage in the rear of the Soviet troops.”
- Manipulation. The Russian Ministry of Defense stated that nationalist militants, like Hitler’s Nazis, were hiding behind civilians as a “living shield.” In Kharkiv and Odesa, they are setting up firing positions in residential buildings. “
- Manipulation. Russia’s propaganda is trying to increase pressure on the world community. Thus, the exhibition “Why did a special operation start in Ukraine?” Opened in Lebanon, which presents photos that tell about the events in Donbass since 2014 in a favorable light for Russia.
8:24 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 29, 2022, more than 617 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation. According to official figures, 219 children died and more than 398 were injured in varying degrees.
These numbers are not conclusive, as work is underway to establish them in places of active hostilities, in the temporarily occupied and liberated territories.
The most children were affected in Donetsk region – 139, Kyiv region – 115, Kharkiv region – 95, Chernihiv region – 68, Kherson region – 44, Mykolaiv region – 43, Luhansk region – 37, Zaporizhzhia region – 27, Sumy region – 17, Kyiv city – 16, Zhytomyr region – 15.
8:01 Valentyn Reznichenko, head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Military Administration
In the morning, the occupiers fired again at Velyka Kostromka and Marianske from Grad MLRS. Outbuildings were affected.
Preliminary, civilians were not injured. But we are still clarifying.
7:31 Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration
Severodonetsk, Lysychansk, Hirske, Pryvillya, and Popasna came under enemy fire.
The Russians shelled Lysychansk four times and Popasna twice. In Hirske, it is loud almost continuously.
In each of these cities there is damage to housing and farm buildings. So, in one of the garage complexes the flames spread over a large area – it took several hours to tame.
The enemy repeatedly tried to storm the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of Orikhove and Svitlichne. Our military is doing a good rebuff, but the Russians are using all their weapons to open fire on settlements, destroying buildings and infrastructure – it is impossible to restore water, electricity and gas there.
At the frontline, Ukrainian defenders repulsed nine enemy attacks, destroying six tanks, one artillery system, 12 armored vehicles, a car and an anti-aircraft gun, shooting down a plane, a cruise missile and five unmanned aerial vehicles.
7:11 Operational Command South
- During the sixty-fourth day of courageous resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian invasion, the enemy continued to conduct hostilities in the Kherson and Mykolaiv regions. Our units did not allow him to attack or advance.
- Instead, the effective use of missile and artillery strikes destroyed 14 Russians, armored and automotive equipment, means of artillery and missile destruction.
- Meanwhile, Mykolaiv and Odesa were hit by missiles. In the morning racists fired at one of the enterprises of Mykolaiv. The missile strike destroyed production facilities for the manufacture of building materials. There are no victims.
- In the evening, a missile strike was carried out on the Odesa region. The region was attacked by three missiles, two of which were Caliber naval-based cruise missiles fired by a Russian ship and an X-59 from an enemy aircraft. All missiles were destroyed by the accurate work of our air defense units.
- Russian naval group maintains a submarine and continues to threaten with missile strikes.
6:43 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The sixty-fifth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the russian military invasion continues. A russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
russian enemy continues to carry out offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone in order to defeat the Joint Forces, establish full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and maintain the land route with the occupied Crimea.
- In the Volyn and Polissya areas, russian enemy did not take active action, no signs of the formation of offensive groups were found. Certain units of the Armed Forces of the republic of belarus continue to perform tasks to strengthen the protection of the state border with Ukraine.
- No changes in the activities and composition of russian enemy group were detected in the Seversky direction.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, russian enemy continues to focus its efforts on maintaining its positions near the city of Kharkiv and is trying to carry out fire damage to units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in certain areas.
- russian enemy did not conduct active offensive operations in the Izium direction. its main efforts were focused on conducting reconnaissance, identifying the defensive positions of units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine and their destruction by artillery fire.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, in order to prevent the regrouping of Ukrainian troops, russian enemy fires at positions from artillery, mortars and rocket-propelled grenade launchers along the entire line of contact.
- russian occupiers continue to blockade Ukrainian units in Mariupol, near the Azovstal plant.
- In the temporarily occupied territories, russian occupation authorities continue to take measures to restrict the movement and detention of local residents and block humanitarian goods from the territory of Ukraine. In addition, russian occupiers are robbing peasants. For example, more than 60 tons of wheat were stolen from an agricultural society in the town of Kamianka-Dniprovska together with a truck.
Fifteen air targets were hit by Ukrainian defenders the day before: one plane, five cruise missiles and nine operational-tactical drones.
Ukrainian defenders are actively manoeuvring defence, in some places counterattacks. In the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts alone, nine enemy attacks have been repulsed in the past 24 hours, six tanks, one artillery system, twelve armoured vehicles, one car and one anti-aircraft gun have been destroyed.
We will report on the total losses of the enemy in a separate report.
We believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine! Let’s win together! Glory to Ukraine!
3:05 Suspilne TV referring to OSCE
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Zbigniew Rau and Secretary-General Helga Maria Schmid have announced that the Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine will be closed in the near future.
It is noted that this decision was the result of a lack of consensus with Russia on extending the mission’s mandate.