23:35 Vitalii Kim, head of the Mykolaiv Regional Military Administration
11 people were killed and 61 wounded as a result of shelling in Mykolaiv today. Among the dead is one child. They fired deliberately at the center of the city, where there are many civilians.
21.23 Dmytro Kuleba, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba called on Western leaders to agree on the toughest possible sanctions against Russia after it became known about the crimes of the Russian military in the occupied cities.
“Half-measures are no longer enough. I demand from our partners on behalf of the victims in Bucha, from the people of Ukraine to impose the strictest sanctions on Russia this week. This is not a request of the Foreign Minister of Ukraine. This is the plea of the victims of rape, torture, murder, their relatives and the entire Ukrainian nation”, – said the Foreign Minister.
20:54 Iryna Vereshchuk, Vice Prime Minister
Russia has blocked 7 evacuation buses from Mariupol in the city of Mangush. The occupying forces continue to break agreements with us and their own promises.
19:07 Belaruski Gaiiun
Opposition journalists managed to get phone numbers, military units and cities of residence of the Russian occupiers, who arranged the delivery of looted items of Ukrainians in Mozyr.
From 14:46 Yuri Sobolevsky, First Deputy Chairman of the Kherson Regional Council
Today at 10:30 in Zaliznyi Port the occupiers kidnapped Burak Mykhailo Ivanovych, head of the Bekhtery hromada.
His whereabouts are currently unknown.
18:50 Razumkov Center
The vast majority (79.2%) of refugees from Ukraine intend to return to their homeland after the war and only 10.9% do not plan to return, according to a poll conducted by the Razumkov Center’s Sociological Service.
89.1% are sure that Ukraine will win this war, only 1% are sure that it will lose, the rest are difficult to answer.
From March 15 to April 1, 2022, 101 respondents over the age of 16 who crossed the state border on foot or by road were interviewed.
18:25 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Operational information as of 18.00 on 04.04.2022 regarding the Russian invasion
Fortieth day of the heroic fight of the Ukrainian people against the Russian military invasion continues.
The enemy continues to suffer losses in the course of full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. During the whole Russian-Ukrainian war, since February 24, representatives of the military command of the armed forces of the Russian Federation only twice announced the loss of personnel of a group of troops fighting in our country.
Despite the so-called “official” Russian number of casualties, the losses of individual units and subdivisions of the occupiers are periodically known. According to available information, the losses of the 20th Motorized Rifle Division (Kamyshin, Volgograd Region) of the 8th All-Military Army of the Southern Military District, in particular: the 33rd, 255th, 294th Motorized Rifle Regiments, which returned to their permanent locations, amounted to 40% of personnel, weapons and military equipment. As a result, a significant number of servicemen who were lucky enough to return are trying to retire.
The existing military medical facilities in Russia and Belarus are not enough for the treatment of such a significant number of wounded servicemen of the occupying forces on the territory of Ukraine. Thus, the medical staff of the central district hospital in Glushkovo, Kursk region, has been transferred to an intensified duty regime. This is due to the fact that in the period from March 29 to April 2, from the territory of Sumy region to the medical institution came about 100 wounded occupiers.
In the city of Izium, due to significant losses of personnel of the 237th Panzer Regiment and the 752nd Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 3rd Motorized Rifle Division, the invaders were forced to equip a field hospital in the local school.
In the temporarily occupied territories of the Zaporizhzhia region, in the town of Polohy, servicemen of the armed forces of the Russian Federation seized and mined the inner territory of the central district hospital. Staff and patients were warned not to return to the hospital. The wounded occupiers remained in the hospital.
The Russian military leadership is trying to make up for the existing losses of officers at the expense of officers of higher military educational institutions. According to the available information, the military academy of communications in St. Petersburg is urgently training officers to replace positions in military units.
The situation in the Siversky direction has not changed. Elimination of the consequences of the activities of the Russian occupation forces continues.
In Slobozhanshchina, in the city of Izyum, the enemy is carrying out filtration measures and forcible removal of local residents to the territory of the Russian Federation.
Fighting continues in the territories of the temporarily occupied Kherson region. Around Nova Kakhovka, the enemy increased control at checkpoints. The invaders resort to detaining civilians and forcing them into engineering equipment positions. Cases of illegal seizure of vehicles from the population have become more frequent.
Ukraine’s defense forces continue to push back the enemy and liberate the temporarily occupied territories.
17:12 Novosti N
In Mykolaiv, as a result of shelling by banned cluster munitions, several citizens who were on a public transport stop and in a bus died.
17:12 Speaker of the Ministry of Defence Oleksandr Motuzianyk
Russian occupation forces are preparing to attack and capture Kharkiv and Ukrainian troops in the area of the Joint Forces Operation.
Energoatom is aware of the planned arrival of a large number of Russian propagandists (about 20) who pretend to be journalists to create fakes at the Zaporizhzhya NPP.
The occupiers are pressuring Ukrainian ZNPP staff to comment positively on the Russian military and working conditions. However, Ukrainian workers advise them to move in the direction of the Russian warship.
15:27 Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine
The Ministry of Infrastructure simplifies the rules for issuing permits for international road transport.
It was agreed to revoke bilateral and transit permits for transportation through the territory of seven European Union countries, including Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Denmark, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, as well as Georgia, and Turkey. Slovakia also agreed to transit without permits.
14:44 Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
Call on the world to impose sanctions on more people involved in Russia’s aggression against Ukraine. “War & Sanctions” page about sanctioned individuals has appeared on the website of the National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption.
The site allows you to call on the world to impose sanctions on a specific person in a few clicks. For this:
1) find the right person on the list;
2) click on the icon of your favorite social network.
It will soon be possible to review the list of sanctioned legal entities, information on sanctions imposed due to the war in Ukraine since 2014, and data on the assets of persons involved in the military aggression of the Russian Federation.
Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Olga Stefanishyna predicts a strengthening of the Hungary-Russia friendship policy after Victor Orban’s victory in the parliamentary elections.
Stefanishyna stated this at a briefing on Monday. “We have no new expectations from the Hungarian side. In our opinion, the policy of friendship with the Russian Federation pursued before will intensify,” Stefanishyna said.
The Russian military continues to kidnap civilians in the occupied territories of Ukraine. The number of abducted people and their fate are unknown. Eyewitnesses say that the Russian military goes from house to house, conducts illegal searches, and captures and beats people. The abductees are being held in Kherson prison cells.
Residents of the village of Lukashivka in the Chernihiv region told that men were taken out for execution and women were intimidated by the Russian army during the occupation.
12:54 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The fortieth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion continues.
A Russian enemy continues to conduct full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- A Russian enemy command, to prepare for an offensive operation in the east of Ukraine, deploys elements of the operational construction of the offensive group and increases the C2 system. Russian occupying forces are regrouping and trying to improve the tactical situation in some areas in southern Ukraine. The formation and relocation of additional units of a Russian federation to participate in hostilities on the territory of Ukraine continue.
- In the Volyn direction, the situation has not changed, units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus, with forces of up to four battalion tactical groups, continue to perform tasks to cover the border.
- In the Polissya direction, there is a high probability of missile and bomb strikes on military and civilian infrastructure by Russian enemy planes operating from Belarusian airfields.
- There is a movement of units of the Eastern Military District and airborne troops from the territory of the Republic of Belarus to the Russian federation. The movement of weapons, military equipment, and personnel is carried out by rail and air.
- According to available information, separate units of the 35th Combined Arms Army (Belogorsk) and the 36th Combined Arms Army (Ulan-Ude) of the Eastern Military District are located in the settlements of Rechitsa and Yampol (Gomel Region of the Republic of Belarus).
- In the Siversky direction, the enemy completed the withdrawal of units from the Central Military District to the Kursk region and began their further movement.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the enemy continues to blockade Kharkiv, carry out artillery shelling of the city, and regroup troops. Strengthens the air cover of important objects in the area of the city of Belgorod and areas of concentration of troops in the Kharkiv direction.
- To clarify the positions of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the enemy is conducting reconnaissance in the area of the village of Barvinkove with the use of UAVs, also trying to restore the bridge over the river Siversky Donets near the city of Izyum. Near the settlement of Brazhkivka, with the help of a tank company tactical group, the enemy conducted reconnaissance by battle, had no success, and retreated to the previously occupied frontiers.
- There is still a high probability of air and missile strikes on civilian targets in Kharkiv, and preparations are underway for an offensive in the direction of Slovyansk.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the main efforts of the enemy are concentrated in the areas of the settlements of Rubizhne, Popasna, preparation for the attack on Siverodonetsk, as well as gaining full control over the city of Mariupol. On it today a Russian enemy struck 8 airstrikes, and street fights proceed. Ukrainian defenders are defending the city.
- At the same time, the enemy completes the regrouping and replacement of units that have lost offensive capabilities to resume active offensive operations.
- In the South Buh direction, our troops are pushing back the occupiers in the Kherson oblast. The enemy carried out air reconnaissance around Mykolayiv with the use of the UAV.
- In the Black Sea and Azov operational zones, the activity of the enemy ship group in the Black Sea is reduced due to difficult weather conditions (a storm up to 4 points). The rest of the enemy ships perform tasks in certain areas.
12:36 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The Russians are establishing a channel for smuggling sanctioned goods through Georgia.
Due to the introduction of international sanctions, Russia has lost the ability to supply a wide range of military, dual, and civilian goods. To circumvent the sanctions, Russian agents are setting up smuggling channels that pass, in particular, through Georgia. At the same time, representatives of the Georgian special services were instructed by the political leadership not to interfere with the activities of smugglers.
Today we know about another channel for the supply of military goods to Russia – East Asia. Through it, spare parts for machinery, electronics, and optical devices are delivered to the occupying country.
The possibility of resuming flights between Georgia and Russia is also being considered.
12:36 Kyiv Regional Military Administration
In the settlements liberated from the invader, sweep and search operations and demining are carried out. During the day in the territory of the Kyiv region, rescuers found 4886 explosive devices.
The UN Security Council will not convene an unscheduled meeting on Monday, April 4, at the request of Russia’s foreign ministry over what Moscow called the “criminal provocations by Ukrainian soldiers and radicals” in the town of Bucha near Kyiv. Russia’s foreign ministry said it would reiterate its request for the Council, Reuters reports.
12:10 Ukrainska Pravda
12:04 National Police of Ukraine
During the past 24hrs, the police registered 13 cases of shelling by the occupying forces from artillery and rocket-propelled grenade launchers of the cities of Sievierodonetsk, Lysychansk, Rubizhne, Kreminna, Popasna, Novodruzhesk, Pryvillia, the village of Stara Krasnianka of the Kreminna Territorial Community, and the Hora Territorial Community. The shelling killed and wounded civilians and damaged civilian infrastructure and livelihoods.
11:47 Verkhovna Rada Committee on the Organization of State Power
At least 16 heads of communities have been abducted by Russian occupiers since the start of the war.
11:31 Head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration Oleh Syniehubov
Over the past day, the Russians fired 17 shells on the Saltivka, Pyatyhatky, and Derhachi districts. As a result of the shelling of the Slobidskyi district of Kharkiv, 7 people were killed and 34 were injured, including 3 children in serious condition. In the morning, the shelling of residential areas continued. Another 3 were killed and 7 were injured in the shelling of a residential area in Derhachi.
10:59 Head of Chernihiv Regional Military Administration Viacheslav Chaus
In the Chernihiv region, there are many mined roads, destroyed communications, and blown-up bridges. Currently, the Road Service, the military, and the administration are organizing routes throughout the region to restore pre-war traffic as soon as possible and get to any corner of the region.
10:49 Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Sienkevych
The Russians fired on the gynaecology department of the city hospital.
10:42 Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
Information about the Russian invasion
The world is shocked by the atrocities of Russian invaders in the Kyiv region. A large number of states and international organizations have condemned Russia’s war crimes in Ukraine and called for an immediate investigation to bring the perpetrators to justice. The EU and the US will help our country in documenting the crimes of the Russian army.
Dmytro Kuleba: “Bucha massacre was deliberate. Russians aim to eliminate as many Ukrainians as they can. I demand new devastating G7 sanctions now: oil, gas, coal embargo; close all posts to Russian vessels and goods; disconnect all Russian banks from SWIFT.”
Support of the world
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky made a video address at the 64th Grammy Awards. In his speech, the Head of State called on the world to tell the truth about Russia’s war against Ukraine.
- Poland demands the immediate convening of an EU summit on Russian military crimes in Ukraine and the imposition of further sanctions against Russia.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called for an independent investigation into the mass killings of civilians in Bucha and the prosecution of those responsible.
Russian criminals on the way behind bars
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has initiated the creation of a special mechanism of justice in Ukraine to investigate and prosecute every crime of the Russian occupiers in our country. This mechanism will unite the efforts of national and international experts: investigators, prosecutors, and judges to bring the perpetrators to justice.
- The President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen called for an urgent investigation into war crimes committed by Russia in Ukraine.
- Polish President Andrzej Duda said that the photos from Bucha prove the fallacy of the belief that a compromise should be sought at any cost. According to him, the Ukrainian army needs three things: “weapons, weapons, and weapons again.”
- The US Department of Commerce is imposing additional sanctions on Russia’s and Belarus’ defense, aerospace, maritime, and other strategic sectors in response to Russia’s aggression against Ukraine.
Refusal of the gas needle of the Russian Federation
- Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have completely stopped importing Russian natural gas.
- German Defense Minister Christina Lambrecht called on EU countries to discuss an embargo on Russian gas supplies.
10:05 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Mobile crematoria were not intended for Russian soldiers, but to destroy the bodies of civilians. Commenting on the massacre in Bucha, Mykhailo Podoliak, an adviser to the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, said on Twitter that Russian troops had brought mobile crematoria to Ukraine to cover up their crimes.
Incinerator IN-50.1K – mobile crematorium is designed for the disposal of human remains. Since the Russian command has long reported no casualties, it seemed that the purpose of the crematoriums on the territory of Ukraine was to burn the corpses of Russian soldiers
To hide the traces of war crimes, the Russian army planned to burn the bodies of dead civilians according to the KGB method “no body – no crime”. Under pressure from the Armed Forces, hastily fleeing the Kyiv region, the occupiers left the corpses of Russian soldiers and the bodies of tortured Ukrainian citizens. The whole world saw the documented crimes of the “Russian world”.
9:47 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 03.04 were approximately:
- personnel ‒ 18300,
- tanks ‒ 647,
- APV ‒ 1844,
- artillery systems – 330,
- MLRS ‒ 107,
- anti-aircraft warfare systems ‒ 54,
- aircraft – 147,
- helicopters – 134,
- vehicles ‒ 1273,
- boats / cutters ‒ 7,
- fuel tanks ‒ 76,
- UAV operational-tactical level ‒ 92,
- special equipment ‒ 25,
- mobile SRBM system ‒ 4.
Data are being updated. The calculation is complicated by the high intensity of hostilities.
9:19 Head of Ternopil Regional Military Administration Volodymyr Trush
During an air-raid siren, at about 22:20, the enemy tried to destroy one of the critical infrastructure facilities in Ternopil. No one was injured. SES and police officers are working on the spot.
8:18 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 4, 2022, more than 425 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation.
161 children were killed and 264 wounded during the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Children suffered the most in Kyiv – 75, Kharkiv – 59, Donetsk – 78, Chernihiv – 49, Mykolaiv – 34, Luhansk – 31, Zaporizhzhia – 22, Kherson – 29, the capital – 16, Sumy – 16, Zhytomyr – 15 regions.
These data are not conclusive, as it is not possible to inspect the sites of shelling in areas of active hostilities and the temporarily occupied territories. In particular, in Mariupol, in some areas of Kyiv, Chernihiv, and Luhansk regions.
On April 2, a 9-year-old child was injured during shelling by the Russian occupiers in the town of Vuhledar, Donetsk region.
On April 3, as a result of an attack on Mykolaiv, 11 people, one of them a child, were wounded.
On April 3, three children were injured in the shelling of Kharkiv.
The bombing and shelling damaged 869 educational institutions. 83 of them were destroyed.
8:03 Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Sienkevych
Since the morning, Russian troops have launched several missile strikes on the city. Data are being clarified.
7:27 Head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration Serhii Haidai
Two volunteers were killed in a mortar attack, which the Russian Army was carried out in Novodruzhesk on April 3.
“Volunteers were giving humanitarian aid to local residents. Every day, despite the enemy fire, they came to the gathering place and provided people with food and necessities. It was the same yesterday until a mine hit. By the way, one of the victims saved her colleague when the Russian shelling of the city began. Eternal memory,” Haidai wrote.
6:40 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The fortieth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion has begun.
The armed forces of the Russian Federation continue their armed aggression against Ukraine.
- The military-political leadership of the Russian Federation has begun measures to covertly mobilize reservists to bring military units to wartime states. In the selection of candidates, preference is given to persons who already have combat experience. Privates, sergeants, and officers are subject to mobilization. The main regions for mobilization have also been identified: Krasnodar Krai, Perm Krai, the Republics of Dagestan, Ingushetia, and Kalmykia.
- The main motivating factor for reservists is financial incentives. In addition, the Russian population believes that the participants in the war with Ukraine can improve their financial situation through so-called “trophies”, ie robbery and looting.
- The command of the armed forces of the Russian Federation expects to involve about 60 thousand people during the mobilization.
- Acquisition of weapons and military equipment to wartime states will be due to the removal from storage of obsolete equipment. Some samples are stored in bases and warehouses for more than 30 years.
- In the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the defenders of Ukraine repulsed seven enemy attacks over the past 24 hours and destroyed two units of armored vehicles, forty-three vehicles, and an enemy mortar.
- Anti-aircraft missile forces of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine the previous day hit 6 air targets: three aircraft (Su-34, Su-35, and repeater aircraft IL-22), one helicopter, and two cruise missiles. As for the air control point on the basis of IL-22, it became known that the plane was damaged, the cockpit was depressurized, and the pilots made an emergency landing at Rostov airfield.
- Air Force aircraft continued to launch missile and bomb attacks on enemy ranges, columns of military equipment, and logistics centers. Fighters of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine prevent the activities of enemy aircraft in certain areas and cover strike groups, bombers, and assault aircraft.
4:00 Kherson Journalist Kostiantyn Ryzhenko
Journalist and volunteer Kostiantyn Ryzhenko, who has been wanted since March 31, got in touch. He wrote a post on Facebook and told the story of his disappearance – he was hiding from the Russian military, who were searching for him through relatives.
00:51 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The thirty-ninth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion ends.
- A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. A Russian enemy temporarily refused to carry out the task of blocking and capturing the city of Kyiv. The occupiers continue to launch missile strikes on critical infrastructure throughout Ukraine, trying to sow panic among the population and disrupt the logistics of the Defense Forces of Ukraine.
- In the Volyn direction, the situation has not changed significantly, certain units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to perform tasks to cover the border.
- In the Polissya direction, a Russian enemy completes the regrouping and preparation for the redeployment of individual units from the territory of Belarus to a Russian federation.
- According to available information, some units of Russian occupiers from the airborne troops are transferred by military transport aircraft to the city of Belgorod. In order to slow down the advance of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the occupiers carried out mass chaotic mining not only of previously occupied positions and areas but also of deployment routes.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, a Russian enemy continues to blockade the city of Kharkiv, inflict artillery strikes on residential areas of the city and try to regroup troops.
- In the Izyum direction, Russian occupiers tried to resume the offensive but were unsuccessful.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya areas, Russian occupiers continued to focus on capturing the settlements of Rubizhne, Popasna, Troitske, Avdiivka, Marinka, Krasnohorivka, and preparing for an offensive that may begin in the coming days in the direction of Sievierodonetsk and Velyka Novosilka.
- With the support of aircraft and artillery, a Russian enemy continues to storm the city of Mariupol.
- South Buh direction. During the day, a Russian enemy concentrated its efforts on maintaining the occupied positions in the area of settlement Oleksandrivka. It is trying to fight to reach the administrative border of the Kherson region.
00:50 Head of Chernihiv Regional Military Administration Viacheslav Chaus
In the Village of Yahidne in the Chernihiv region, the Russian military kept hostage more than 150 people at one time in a small basement of a school. People were dying, but the invaders did not allow to bury them, so bodies remained in the basement together with the living.