22:39 Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration
- In Berdiansk, the occupiers seized two medical facilities. It is now known that one of them has been assigned a manager selected from the collaborators. And the traitor of the Ukrainian people is Mykola Miroshnychenko, who until recently volunteered and helped to evacuate from the grey zone, is now appointed by the Russians as head of the city’s health department.
- In the temporarily occupied village of Kinski Rozdory, Polohy district, the occupiers are looting and conducting a census. According to local residents, the Russian military have settled in a school, hospital and are in the village council. In the village, the invaders are digging trenches to hide their military equipment.
- In general, the occupiers are trying to broadcast Russian television and radio in the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhia region.
- In Melitopol, the occupiers blocked humanitarian corridors: food, medicine and evacuation are currently not possible. The Russians continue to kidnap civilians, and collaborators are recruiting incompetent workers and ex-criminals. In addition, the occupiers are preparing to celebrate on May 1 and 9 on a grand scale and parade, as well as trying to start the educational process in schools and kindergartens.
- In the Melitopol district, the Russian occupiers mined the area near the Kamyana Mohyla archeological site, dug trenches in the villages near the reserve, and set up camp close to the village of Terpinnia. Thus, the invaders are trying to gain a foothold in the Zaporizhzhia land and at the same time hope to prevent the guerrilla resistance movement in the Melitopol district.
- The air defense forces of the Zaporizhzhia region shot down a missile near the village of Spasivka.
- Russian missiles hit Vasylivka today. Thus, the occupiers are once again trying to convince civilians of their outright lies, as if the Armed Forces of Ukraine are firing on civilians. However, residents of Vasylivka do not believe in such provocations.
- In Novodanylivka, Polohy district, a private house, a shop, and a motoblock with a trailer were destroyed during the Russian shelling. In addition, there is no gas supply in the village since the weekend, no electricity or water supply. Locals say that the village is on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe. Many people have left, but there are those who are not ready to leave their homes.
22:10 Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on April 26, 2022:
- Misinformation. According to the statement of the Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Patrushev, “the number of Ukrainian migrants in the EU will increase to 10 million in the near future.” In view of this, he reported about the “projected deterioration of the criminal situation in Europe due to Ukrainian bandits.”
- Fake. Despite the fact that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fighting to protect the population from the enemy, the Russian Defense Ministry said that in the home for the elderly in the city of Lyman militants equipped a base, and staff and the elderly are kept as human shields.”
- Manipulation. Propagandists of the Russian Federation reported that “neo-Nazis installed radio-controlled explosive devices near the Mykolayiv Aircraft Repair Plant, which they plan to detonate during crowds collecting and accuse the Russian Armed Forces of doing so.”
22:04 Ukrainska Pravda
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres says he has agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin to evacuate civilians from Azovstal steel factory in Mariupol with the participation of the UN and the ICRC
21:59 Oleh Syniehubov, head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration
The enemy does not stop shelling the city of Kharkiv and settlements of the region. Civilians suffer from the occupiers’ blows. Today, as a result of the shelling of Kharkiv, 3 people were killed and 7 were injured.
In Zolochiv 3 people were injured, 1 more was wounded in Chuhuiiv, 1 person was injured in Dergachi.
19:30 Evropeiska Pravda referring to Polsat News and RMF24
According to unofficial information, Russia has stopped supplying gas to Poland, the probable reason being the refusal to pay for it in rubles. EU countries, including Poland, disagreed to do it.
According to the Onet portal, last Friday in Poland the term of payments for gas in Russian currency expired. The Polish operator PGNiG has repeatedly stated that it will not pay in rubles, as contracts do not require it.
19:25 Maksym Marchenko, head of the Odesa Regional Military Administration
By striking the bridge across the Dniester estuary in Zatoka, Russia has tried to cut off part of the Odesa region and create tensions amid events in unrecognized Transnistria.
19:01 Evropeiska Pravda
German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht has allowed Krauss-Maffei Wegmann to sell Gepard anti-aircraft self-propelled guns to Kyiv.
18:37 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The sixty-second day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to the Russian military invasion continues.
The Russian Federation continues to conduct full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
Groups of enemy troops are conducting an offensive operation in the Eastern Operational Zone. The main goal remains the encirclement and defeat of the Joint Forces, the establishment of full control over the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions and creating a land corridor to the occupied Crimea.
The enemy continues to launch missile and bomb strikes on military and civilian infrastructure.
- In the Slobozhanshchyna direction, enemy groups from the 6th All-Military Army of the Western Military District, the coastal troops of the Baltic and Northern Fleets continue to partially block Kharkiv and fire on it.
- In the Izium direction, enemy units and subdivisions of the 1st Panzer Army, the 20th and 35th All-Military Armies, the 68th Army Corps and the Airborne Forces, supported by artillery, are advancing in the direction of Barvinkove. In order to reconnoiter the positions of our troops, the enemy continues to use UAVs in this area.
- In the areas of the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine, the Russian occupiers continue to hold field camps to restore combat readiness and train units. According to available information, up to five battalion tactical groups of the enemy are in the immediate vicinity of the state border of Ukraine in this area.
- In the Donetsk direction, the enemy is taking active action along almost the entire line of contact. The main efforts are focused on taking control of Rubizhne, Popasna and Marinka.
- In the Severodonetsk direction, as part of the regrouping of troops in the direction of Kreminna, the occupiers moved to a tank battalion from the 90th Panzer Division, as well as a pontoon-bridge unit from the 12th separate engineering brigade of the Central Military District.
- To develop the offensive in the direction of Lyman, the enemy is building up a group of troops.
- Russian invaders do not stop artillery shelling and air strikes on Mariupol. The blocking of units of our troops in the area of the Azovstal plant continues.
- In the Southern Bug and Tavriia directions the enemy continues to hold the occupied frontier, in some areas it tries unsuccessfully to improve the tactical position, improves the engineering equipment of its positions. Carries out shelling of positions of our armies.
- In the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, units of the operational group of Russian troops have been put on alert “Full”, the security forces have been transferred to a reinforced mode of service.
- In the Volyn, Polissya and Sivershchyna directions, certain units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus perform tasks to strengthen the protection of the Ukrainian-Belarusian border.
Ukrainian defenders are defending themselves and continue to systematically inflict losses on the Russian occupiers.
Let’s win together! Glory to Ukraine!
18:03 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
Residents of the unrecognized “Transnistrian Moldavian Republic” receive SMSs on behalf of the Armed Forces and special services of Ukraine. They contain a warning about a “missile and artillery” strike on the territory of the “Transnistrian region”.
▪️We note: the Ukrainian state has nothing to do with this and similar provocations.
▪️Such fakes and incidents that are likely to take place on the territory of the Transnistrian region are nothing more than another provocation of the Russian special services against Ukraine and Moldova.
16:28 Ukrainska Pravda
Moldovan President Maia Sandu said that the explosions in Transnistria and escalation attempts were linked to forces inside the unrecognized region.
“According to current information, the forces of the Transnistrian region are trying to escalate the situation in the Transnistrian region. These are pro-war forces, they are interested in destabilizing the situation,” Sandu said, noting that Moldovan authorities continue to gather and examine information.
15:01 Evropeiska Pravda
A strategic meeting of the Ukraine Security Consultative Group with the participation of more than 40 countries, including those that are not members of NATO, is being held at the US Air Force Base Ramstein in Germany.
In his speech, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin called the meeting historic, noting that its goal is to help Ukraine win the war launched by the Russian invasion and prepare Ukraine’s defense capabilities for future challenges.
Large commercial banks in Estonia have announced the cessation of payments to Russia and Belarus, as well as from there, in connection with the full-scale war started by Russia in Ukraine.
This was reported by the national broadcaster ERR, which monitored the actions of banks.
14:15 Odesa City Council
A missile strike was carried out in the Odesa region. There is damage to the bridge across the Dniester estuary. Circumstances and information about the victims are being clarified. For security reasons, the bridge is blocked.
13:07 Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration
In Popasna the house collapsed as a result of missile strike, three people died, one woman survived
13:02 Oleh Syniehubov, head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration
As a result of the last shelling – 3 people were killed, 7 people were injured, information is still being clarified. There are no children among the victims, but 2 people are in serious condition
12:59 Azov Regiment in Mariupol
Azovstal steel factory, where the defenders of Mariupol are located and civilians are hiding in the basements from shelling, continues to be covered by enemy fire.
Last night alone, 35 air strikes were carried out, during which one of the factory’s departments caught fire. But most importantly, they affected civilians who are now trapped. Soldiers of the Azov Regiment provide first aid and make every effort to free civilians from the rubble.
12:56 Pavlo Kyrylenko, head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration
The Russians continue to purposefully shoot at civilians and destroy critical infrastructure.
At least 2 civilians are currently killed in Niu-York and Travneve, as well as 6 wounded (in Marinka, Velyka Novosilka, Niu-York and Lyman).
12:44 Ukrainska Pravda
Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration, during an online briefing on April 26
“I can describe to you the horrible situation that is happening in Rubizhne. “Orcs” (Russians) are kidnapping children and then forcing women, their mothers, to go to the positions of the Ukrainian military under the auspices that they allegedly need humanitarian aid. To take some humanitarian kits or products there and then to go back and tell how the positions of Ukrainian defenders are arranged. If women do not do that, they threaten to shoot children.”
Russian military kidnapped at least 200 civilians in the Kyiv region for an “exchange fund”.
With reference to the data of the public organization “Media Initiative for Human Rights” , the Center for Strategic Communications and Information Security reports this in the Telegram.
12:20 Ekonomichna Pravda
Poland has approved its first sanctions list, which includes Russia’s Gazprom, a number of Russian and Belarusian oligarchs – a total of 50 legal entities and individuals.
This was announced by Polish Interior Minister Mariusz Kaminski, the ruling PiS party wrote on Twitter.
11:54 Petro Andriushchenko, adviser to the mayor of Mariupol
The humanitarian situation remains difficult. Despite the opening of the “public bath” and a lot of propaganda about the availability of food and water, food is catastrophically lacking. Moreover, the occupiers switched to the shameful practice of providing food for men only if they were involved in the work. Therefore, men are forced to take part in the disassembling of the rubble, the arrangement of mass graves literally so as not to die of starvation.
11:35 Security Service of Ukraine
The Russians continue to grossly violate international rules for the treatment of prisoners of war
Torture of Ukrainian men and women is massive and continues even in Russia, where they are taken out to “knock out information.”
This is evidenced by a telephone conversation between the Russian occupier, who is currently in Ukraine, and his acquaintance, a member of the Russian secret services.
11:32 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
In Chechnya, prisoners are being sent to the war with Ukraine, including relatives of the opposition
The Chechen branch of the FSB is collecting information on local prison inmates to send them to the war zone. Correspondence of FSB officials contains a requirement to provide personal data of convicts
11:02 Land Forces Command of AFU
In the Kherson region, the Russian occupiers left a complete, serviceable BTR-D landing armored personnel carrier and fled.
10:42 Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration
It is now known that two Russian cruise missiles hit the territory of one of the city’s enterprises in the morning. The third rocket exploded in the air. Infrastructure facilities of the enterprise were damaged and destroyed. All relevant emergency services are working on the place.
According to preliminary information, one person was killed and one was injured. The consequences of the incident are currently being eliminated, so the number of victims can be clarified.
Earlier it was reported that at 6:50 “arrivals” were recorded.
10:32 Hennadii Lahuta, head of the Kherson Regional Military Administration
Last night the occupiers seized the premises of the Kherson City Council and removed the flag of Ukraine.
During the two months of occupation, the city council remained one of the local authorities operating under the yellow and blue flag. I would like to thank the staff of the institution and the mayor Ihor Kolykhaiev.
Unfortunately, the situation with the capture of the city hall is expected, because the Ruscists follow a single scenario and such actions have become commonplace for them. But we will never accept any tricolors or Soviet flags, because Ukraine is in our hearts.
10:31 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
After the catastrophic losses in Ukraine, in order to restore the combat capability of military units, the Russian command is trying in every possible way to involve the Russians in military service under contract.
If in the temporarily occupied areas of Ukraine men are forcibly mobilized and sent to their inevitable deaths, in the central regions of Russia they are invited to contract service with promises of high salaries, social benefits and opportunities for impunity and looting.
According to the military intelligence of Ukraine, only in the Central Military District of Russia for the period January – April 2022, 2,861 contracts for military service were concluded.
It is worth noting that most Russians, despite the high probability of death in Ukraine, are encouraged to do military service by their parents and relatives. This is the mystery of the Russian soul… and the opportunity to earn on the death of relatives.
10:15 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 26.04 were approximately:
personnel – about 22100 (+200) persons were liquidated,
tanks – 918 (+34),
APV – 2308 (+50),
artillery systems – 416 (+5),
MLRS – 149,
anti-aircraft warfare systems – 69,
aircraft – 184 (+3),
helicopters – 154,
vehicles – 1643 (+77),
boats / cutters – 8,
fuel tanks – 76,
UAV operational-tactical level – 205 (+4),
special equipment – 31 (+3),
mobile SRBM system – 4.
Data is being updated.
10:13 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Disinformation theses of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation on the situation in Ukraine over the past day.
- Russia reported on the “liberation” of Novotoshkivsky and the shelling of 8 regions of Ukraine: Poltava, Kharkiv, Rivne, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Volyn, Luhansk, and Donetsk.
- The enemy continues to destroy settlements, calling it “liberation,” and killing Ukrainians, calling it “the destruction of military facilities with high-precision long-range weapons.”
- According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, all targets hit by Russian missiles are military, and all killed Ukrainians are Nazis.
Since the beginning of the full-scale war, 608 children have been injured in Russia’s armed aggression in Ukraine. According to official figures, 217 children were killed and 391 injured.
Most children were injured in Donbas, where the occupiers, according to their fictional version, “stopped the genocide of the population, which was committed by the Ukrainian government against its citizens for 8 years.”
Today, at 6:41 and 6:46, two enemy cruise missiles flew at low altitude over the Zaporizhzhya NPP site in the direction of Zaporizhzhia. Later, explosions from Russian missiles were recorded in the city.
8:47 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, manipulation, and disinformation that the enemy spread on the morning of April 26, 2022:
- Disinformation: Propagandists of the Russian Federation reported that the military formations of the occupied districts of the Donetsk region seized the OSCE archives in Mariupol, where “reports of the organisation were found, documenting the war crimes of the Armed Forces that were not included in official records.” “Mines were also found in the room, indicating the OSCE’s links to arms supplies to Kyiv”;
- Fake: The Russian Defense Ministry said that neo-Nazis had set up a base in a residential building in Avdiivka, arranged firing points on the upper floors and heavy equipment in the yard, covering themselves with residents as a “human shield”;
- Manipulation: Even though Ukraine is waging a defensive war, the Russian media reported that the Ukrainian Armed Forces fired on the border villages of Nekhotiivka, Zhuravlivka, and Golovchyno in the Belgorod region.
8:14 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 26, more than 608 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation – 217 children were killed and 391 received injuries of varying severity.
Children suffered the most in regions such as Donetsk – 127, Kyiv – 114, Kharkiv – 93, Chernihiv – 66, Kherson – 44, Mykolaiv – 43, Luhansk – 37, Zaporizhzhia – 27, Sumy – 17, the capital – 16, and Zhytomyr – 15.
These data are not conclusive, as inspection of sites of active hostilities and liberated settlements and receiving information on the temporarily occupied territories are underway.
8:01 Head of the Stanislav community according the Suspilne Kherson
In Stanislav, a missile damaged the central water supply system on the Bilozirske highway, leaving people without water. Repairs will continue during the day.
7:58 Ukrainska Pravda citing the UK Ministry of Defence
Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine – 26 April 2022
Russian forces are likely attempting to encircle heavily fortified Ukrainian positions in the east of Ukraine.
The city of Kreminna has reportedly fallen and heavy fighting is reported south of Izium, as Russian forces attempt to advance towards the cities of Sloviansk and Kramatorsk from the north and east.
Ukrainian forces have been preparing defences in Zaporizhzhia in preparation for a potential Russian attack from the south.
7:41 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
17 times the Russians fired on civilians in the past day. Fighting continues in Popasna and Rubizhne. Popasna, Lysychansk, and the Hirske Community suffered the most. Popasna withstood four powerful artillery attacks, and Lysychansk withstood two. There is damage to two houses in Lysychansk, two – in Popasna, at least one – in Hirske. Information on casualties is being verified.
6:58 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The operational update regarding the Russian invasion on 06.00 on April 26, 2022.
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The sixty-second day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- The Russian enemy continues to carry out offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone to defeat the Joint Forces, establish full control over the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and maintain the land route with the occupied Crimea.
- In the Volyn and Polissia directions, the condition, position, and nature of the Russian enemy’s actions did not change significantly. The Russian enemy did not take active action in these areas. Certain units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus on a rotational basis perform tasks to cover the Ukrainian-Belarusian border in Brest and Gomel regions.
- In the Northern direction, there were no signs of the Russian enemy forming a strike group to resume offensive operations. In the districts of Bryansk, Kursk, and Belgorod regions adjacent to Ukraine, the Russian enemy has strengthened the protection of the border and checkpoints and is conducting engineering equipment for positions. Russian occupiers in border areas have intensified anti-sabotage measures.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian enemy is strengthening groups of troops, continuing to partially blockade the city of Kharkiv, and firing on units of Ukrainian troops and critical infrastructure.
- Russian invaders are trying to launch an offensive in the direction of the settlement of Zavody. Fighting continues.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the Russian enemy is moving command and control points closer to the line of combat.
- Russian enemy fires on the positions of Ukrainian troops with the use of mortars, artillery, rocket-propelled grenade launchers along the entire line of contact, as follows:
- in the Sievierodonetsk direction, the Russian enemy is fighting in the area of the settlement of Rubizhne;
- in the Popasna direction Russian enemy is trying to capture Popasna, the battles continue;
- in the Avdiivka direction Russian enemy tries to conduct offensive actions and has no success;
- in the Kurakhiv direction Russian enemy unsuccessfully carried out offensive operations in the direction of the settlements of Novomykhailivka and Marinka;
- in the Zaporizhzhia direction, the Russian enemy is conducting offensive operations in the direction of the settlement of Trudoliubivka, fighting continues.
- The Russian enemy is carrying out a massive fire and blocking Ukrainian units in the area of the Azovstal plant in Mariupol.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian enemy, along the entire line of contact, carried out single shellings of Ukrainian units. Reconnaissance activity around the administrative border of the Mykolayiv area is noted.
- In the area of the settlement of Velyka Oleksandrivka, Kherson regions, the defenders of Ukraine destroyed an ammunition depot and a large number of Russian enemy personnel (more than 70 Russian enemies were eliminated). The exact number of dead is being clarified.
- Units of Russian occupiers also suffered personnel losses in the area of the settlements of Novodmytrivka and Bilousove.
- Russian occupiers continue to plunder the local population in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine.
- Units of the armed forces of the Russian Federation are trying to conduct air reconnaissance over the territory of Odesa region. They suffer losses.
- Ten air targets were hit by a grouping of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for the previous day: three planes, four UAVs of operational and tactical level, and three cruise missiles.
- In the past 24 hours, six Russian enemy attacks have been repulsed in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, four tanks, five artillery systems, thirteen units of armoured vehicles, fifteen units of motor vehicles, two tankers and one anti-aircraft gun have been destroyed.
1:39 Ukrainska Pravda citing the UK Ministry of Defence
Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine – 25 April 2022
The Russian invasion of Ukraine has significantly disrupted Ukrainian agricultural production.
The Ukrainian grain harvest for 2022 is likely to be around 20 per cent lower than 2021 due to reduced sowing areas following the invasion.
Ukraine is the fourth largest producer and exporter of agricultural goods in the world. Reduced grain supply from Ukraine will generate inflationary pressures, elevating the global price of grain.
High grain prices could have significant implications for global food markets and threaten global food security, particularly in some of the least economically developed countries.