23:25 Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
The number of civilians killed and examined in the Kyiv region as a result of Russian aggression is already more than 720. More than 200 people are still missing, said Andrii Niebytov, head of the Main Directorate of the National Police in Kyiv region.
22:07 Centre for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Centre for Countering Disinformation collected fakes, disinformation, and manipulations that the enemy spread on April 12, 2022:
- Fake: according to the Russian Ministry of Defense, “Ukraine does not want to ensure the safety of foreign ships leaving their ports,” which is necessary to further discredit the Russian army;
- Manipulation: Putin called “what is happening in Ukraine a tragedy” in his speech, accused Kyiv of publicly refusing to comply with the Minsk agreements, and said that “Russia cannot be isolated”;
- Fake: the Russian Defense Ministry claims that the Ukrainian authorities have instructed “to block Irpin to film pseudo-evidence of Russia’s guilt in the deaths.” At the same time, Russian propagandists said that Russia “has repeatedly presented evidence exposing the fake in the Ukrainian Bucha, methodically and arguably explained that it is a hoax, and the transferred documents about the Bucha will be studied by special services.”
20:52 Ukrainska Pravda
The United States is ready to consider sending more weapon systems to Ukraine that require additional training.
20:47 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
The first suspicion of public calls for the genocide of the Ukrainian people was reported to Russian publicist Armen Gasparyan.
20:03 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The forty-eighth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. A Russian federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- Regrouping and relocation of Russian enemy units to areas of concentration in the Slobozhansky and Donetsk directions continue. The administrative-police regime was strengthened in order to prevent local residents from recording the movement of weapons and military equipment in the border areas of the Kursk, Bryansk, and Voronezh regions of the Russian Federation, under the guise of a high level of “terrorist threat”.
- At the same time, in order to strengthen the group, the Russian enemy is accelerating the training of junior specialists in the eastern military district of the Russian Federation, the coordination of Rosguard units, and their relocation to areas bordering Ukraine.
- A Russian command is reviewing the terms of the contracts to legalize participation in hostilities outside Russia and to prevent them from being terminated by the Russian military.
- There is a high threat of the Russian enemy to use of missile weapons on military and civilian infrastructure throughout Ukraine and the possibility of intensification of the occupation forces to advance to the administrative borders of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
- In the Volyn and Polissya areas, the situation has not changed significantly.
- In the Siverskyi direction, the planned measures of operational and combat training of units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus are being carried out. Some military units of this country continue to perform tasks to strengthen the Ukrainian-Belarusian section of the state border.
- The relocation of units of the 41st Combined Arms Army and the 90th Tank Division of the Central Military District to certain districts of the Belgorod and Voronezh regions is nearing completion.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the partial blockade of the city of Kharkiv continues. At the same time, the Russian enemy continues to use artillery and rocket-propelled grenade launchers to destroy the residential areas of Kharkiv, Dergachi, and Pyatyhatky.
- In the area of the city of Izium, the occupiers regrouped units, replenished supplies, and focused on maintaining the pontoon crossing over the Siversky Donets River, and air reconnaissance of the area with the use of unmanned aerial vehicles continues. To strengthen the group, separate units of the 1st Tank Army of the Armed Forces of the Russian federation were moved to the area.
- In the Donetsk direction, Russian enemy troops continue the intensive use of aircraft and tactical missile systems.
- During the day, the Russian occupiers tried to improve the tactical situation in the areas of Popasna, Stepne, Rubizhne, and Nyzhne. They were unsuccessful.
- Engineering units of the armed forces of the Russian Federation are trying to restore the railway bridges in the area of Svatovo. The battles for Mariupol continue.
- In the South Buh direction, the Russian enemy is trying to hold the occupied territory, conducted air reconnaissance with unmanned aerial vehicles, and fired at Mykolayiv and Oleksandrivka from multiple rocket launchers.
- In the Black and Azov Seas, Russian enemy naval groups continue to carry out tasks to isolate the area of hostilities and reconnaissance.
- The defenders of Ukraine inflict losses on the enemy and gradually liberate the occupied territories.
18:42 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
Representatives of the French gendarmerie and the medical service of the Armed Forces of the French Republic arrived in Ukraine to help investigate the murders of civilians by the Russian military in the Kyiv region.
The mission arrived with a DNA lab and the necessary equipment to organize a body examination and identification. Experts will work in Ukraine for 15 days.
“Evidence collected by us together with colleagues will be used in national investigations, and can also be transferred to the International Criminal Court,” said Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova.
Earlier it was reported that French experts have arrived in Ukraine to help investigate Russia’s war crimes in the Kyiv region.
18:06 Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk
2,671 people have been evacuated so far. The Russian army is blocking convoys of buses that are supposed to take people from Berdiansk, Tokmak, and Enerhodar to Zaporizhzhia.
17:33 Bucha Mayor Anatolii Fedoruk
403 bodies of killed and tortured people who died during the occupation of the city by the Russian army were found in Bucha.
16:53 Ukrainska Pravda
Russian President Vladimir Putin called the crimes of the Russian military in Bucha in the Kyiv region the same “fake” that he said were allegations by international organizations about the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
On April 12, Russian dictator Vladimir Putin met with the self-proclaimed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko. After almost three hours of conversation, Lukashenko spoke at a press conference about the war crimes of the Russian army in Bucha, which he considers a “psychological special operation of the British.”
“We discussed this special operation in detail today. The psychological special operation conducted by the British. If you really need addresses, passwords, appearances, car numbers, their brands, which came to Bucha and how they did it… The FSB of Russia can provide these materials,” – Lukashenko said.
15:45 Spokesman for the State Border Guard Service Andrii DemchenkoDuring the full-scale military aggression of the Russian Federation, 870,000 Ukrainians returned to Ukraine.
14:39 Ukrinform citing the commentary of Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova to BBC
About 25 girls and women, aged 14 to 24, were systematically raped by Russian soldiers during the occupation in the basement of a house in Bucha. Nine of them are pregnant. Denisova added that the Russian military told women that they would “rape them to such an extent that they would not want sexual contact with any man so that they would not give birth to Ukrainian children.”
The European Parliament spoke about the basic principles of assistance to Ukraine for recovery after the war with Russia. Viola von Cramon, a member of the European Parliament from Germany, wrote about this in a statement following her visit on her website:
“Horrible photos and messages cannot give an idea of the shocking reality that exists. The scale of the destruction is unbearable. The stories of people on the ground are horrifying. Russian troops pursued a strategy of complete destruction. Attacks and atrocities were directed against all Ukrainians: women, men, and children. Ukrainians are defending their country and all our democracies from Russia’s aggressive war. The European Union must support Ukraine in building its defence capabilities.”
13:22 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
During the occupation, servicemen of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation killed civilians in the village of Shevchenkove, Brovary district, Kyiv region. During a search of the territory in the basement of one of the private households, the bodies of six citizens with gunshot wounds were found. Proceedings have been initiated.
13:16 Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The ministry published a video from the village of Yahidne in the Chernihiv region. It is one of the hundreds of Ukrainian villages where Russian non-humans have left death, ruin, and crippled human destinies.
13:15 Office of the President of Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the people and politicians of Lithuania:
“The occupiers are confident of impunity. They are confident that they will be able to make the world forget it. They are confident that Europe will forget it, or that Europe’s claims can simply be brushed aside. They have simple, ordinary logic. Like, everyone needs to trade. Everyone needs oil. Everyone needs gas. Everyone will want to use Russian territory for the transit of their goods. Everyone will want to enjoy the Russian market, the big market. That’s what Moscow thinks. Of course, if everyone in Europe were as principled and respected Europe’s values as you are in Lithuania, and we are proud of you, I am sure that the Russian leadership could not have hoped that they would lose everything.”
12:43 Security Service of Ukraine
The Kremlin planned to create “people’s republics” in the western regions of Ukraine, but the Security Service prevented this. According to one of the members of the group, who cooperated with the investigation, the group began work to overthrow the constitutional order in the summer of 2021.
He was joined by a retired enemy intelligence officer who turned out to be the organiser of the “scheme”. He announced his intention to create a new democracy in Ukraine, and if the current government “does not resign itself”, the group will move to a force scenario.
To seize power, the group had to recruit 500 militants. “It was desirable that these would be people from the former military. Especially those who fought in the anti-terrorist operation,” the man said. Therefore, his task was not only to find 500 “volunteers” but also to provide them with weapons.
The implementation of the plan should coincide with Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
11:43 U.S. Embassy in Ukraine
A new mass grave with dozens killed in Buzova near Kyiv: Russia will try to pin blame elsewhere, but facts are facts. Working with Ukraine, we are supporting a multi-national team of prosecutors and war crimes experts to document atrocities. We will hold those responsible to account.
11:39 State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine
The Computer Emergency Response Team of Ukraine CERT-UA has taken urgent measures to respond to an information security incident related to a targeted attack on Ukraine’s energy facility.
11:17 Security Service of Ukraine
Relatives of the occupiers are waiting for their arrival not with victory, but with looted items. The looting, by the way, is called a “special operation to clean houses.” This is stated in the new telephone conversations of the invaders, which are available to the Security Service.
The recording says that some Russians accept orders from relatives as if they were going to the store.
11:09 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
The occupying authorities announced another wave of mobilisation of men under 65 in Luhansk. Militants of the Russian Federation conduct raids on utilities and factories to identify conscripts and forcibly send them to military registration and enlistment offices. The Russians are literally running after men to catch and send to war with Ukraine.
10:38 Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
Russian special services are planning a series of terrorist attacks to mine and blow up residential buildings, hospitals, and schools in Russian settlements. As well as the launch of the missile and bomb strikes on the city of Belgorod or one of the cities of Crimea.
10:09 Ukrainska Pravda citing Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine Hanna Maliar
Ukraine’s military leadership is currently investigating information about the possible use of chemical weapons by the Russian occupiers in Mariupol.
“As of now, we are verifying this information, trying to understand what it was. We can talk about preliminary data. There are speculations that there may have been phosphorus munitions. The final official information will be later.”
Maliar stressed that the risk of using chemical weapons by Russia exists and it is quite high.
10:05 Head of the Chernihiv Regional Military Administration Viacheslav Chaus
The Russians left behind many mines in the region. Yesterday, in the village of Krasne, a car drove to the side of the road and an anti-tank mine exploded. One civilian died.
9:53 Head of the Khmelnytskyi Regional Military Administration Serhii Hamalii
At night, the enemy attacked the infrastructure facility in the Khmelnytskyi region with a missile.
9:45 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
Sievierodonetsk and Hirske are without electricity, water, and gas – all communications destroyed by the Russian army, repair crews inspecting accident sites.
“The night shelling of the outskirts of Severodonetsk and Gorsky, including phosphorus munitions, had catastrophic consequences. Almost all communications were destroyed. People remain without light, water, and gas. Technicians are inspecting the accident sites, but there is a lot of damage. We are trying to restore everything we can. However, with each passing day, the number of repair crews in the region is decreasing. When you see how badly a colleague is injured, who turns on the light or welds the water supply, no matter how brave you are, it is harder to go under the bullets. The shelling by the Russian army is becoming more intense. There is almost no “silence mode”, and when there is, regular communal workers go to the facility,” wrote Haidai.
8:54 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 12.04 were approximately:
personnel ‒ about 19600,
tanks ‒ 732,
APV ‒ 1946,
artillery systems – 349,
MLRS ‒ 111,
anti-aircraft warfare systems ‒ 63,
aircraft – 157,
helicopters – 140,
vehicles ‒ 1406,
boats / cutters ‒ 7,
fuel tanks ‒ 76,
UAV operational-tactical level ‒ 124.
special equipment ‒ 25.
mobile SRBM system ‒ 4.
Data is being updated. The calculation is complicated by the high intensity of hostilities.
8:44 Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration
The occupiers raided communal facilities to identify men of conscription age and forcibly sent them to military registration and enlistment offices. Due to intimidation and pressure on relatives and families of Ukrainian police officers who were forced to remain in the occupied territories, the Russians are creating units of the so-called “people’s militia.”
8:25 Head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Serhii Haidai
In Sievierodonetsk, the occupiers destroyed a humanitarian aid centre that fed 300 people daily.
“Yesterday, April 11, one of the humanitarian aid centres set up in Severodonetsk by volunteers came under massive shelling. Immediately, eight shells hit the premises of the former house-building factory, where the centre was located, and destroyed the walls. As a result, there was a significant fire in the warehouse. Fortunately, there were no casualties,” said Mykola Nadulichnyi, head of the Luhansk Association of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities, who is one of the organisers of a network of humanitarian aid centres in Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk.
8:21 Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine
As of the morning of April 12, 2022, more than 530 children suffered in Ukraine as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation.
186 children were killed and 344 received injuries of varying severity during the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Children suffered the most in Donetsk – 113, Kyiv – 99, Kharkiv – 76, Chernihiv – 54, Mykolaiv – 40, Luhansk – 36, Kherson – 36, Zaporizhzhia – 22, the capital – 16, Sumy – 16, Zhytomyr – 15 regions.
These data are not conclusive, as inspection of sites of active hostilities and liberated settlements and receiving information on the temporarily occupied territories are underway.
7:39 General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Video (Spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Shtupun)
The forty-eighth day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military invasion continues. The Russian Federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine.
- A Russian enemy is trying to complete the regrouping and relocation of units to areas of concentration in the Belgorod and Voronezh regions of the Russian Federation, as well as the relocation of air and space forces to airfields in the immediate vicinity of Ukraine’s eastern borders.
- The Russian occupiers, ignoring the norms of international humanitarian law, continue to use tactics of placing equipment and manpower directly in housing. Thus, in the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhia and Kherson oblasts, the Russian occupiers use the premises of agricultural enterprises, energy and social infrastructure facilities, and the central districts of settlements. Cases of enemy fighting in civilian clothes have been reported.
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, the Russian enemy did not take active action. No changes in the position and actions of enemy units in these areas have been recorded.
- In the Siversky direction, the enemy completes the redeployment of individual units to the eastern operational zone. Units of the 41st Combined Arms Army of the Central Military District are being relocated to designated areas in the Belgorod and Voronezh oblasts.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, enemy troops continue to partially block the city of Kharkiv. In the area of the city of Izium, the Russian enemy is fighting with separate units of the 1st tank and 20th Guards Combined Arms Army. It conducts air reconnaissance in order to identify the positions of units of Ukrainian troops and determine the routes of their deployment.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriia directions, the Russian enemy is fighting and holding certain borders with forces from the Southern Military District. It carries out the movement of additional units to conduct hostilities on the territory of Ukraine.
- There are signs of strengthening the air defence system in the areas of Melitopol and Ilovaisk.
- It is likely that in the future the enemy will try to take control of the city of Mariupol, capture Popasna, and launch an offensive in the direction of Kurakhove in order to reach the administrative borders of the Donetsk region.
- In the South Buh direction, the enemy holds certain boundaries by units of the Southern Military District. It replenishes regular losses in manpower and equipment. It tries to ensure the survival of its own control points. The Russian enemy does not stop trying to gain a foothold on the administrative borders of the Kherson region.
- In the waters of the Black and Azov Seas, Russian enemy naval groups continue to perform tasks related to the isolation of the area of hostilities, reconnaissance, and fire support of ground units.
- The threat of the enemy’s use of missile weapons remains.
- In the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, our soldiers repulsed six enemy attacks and destroyed four tanks, five armoured units, twenty-six vehicles, and eight enemy artillery systems.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has hit seven air targets the previous day: one plane, two helicopters, and four unmanned aerial vehicles.
2:42 Suspilne citing Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan has announced sanctions against 398 Russian citizens and 28 Russian organisations due to a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.